Torquay v AFC Telford

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
Wonder if I'll get any stick tonight re giving Hargreaves grief on here???

:lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

taxilady wrote:according to CH on Radio Devon we will get a reaction game on Tuesday night against Chester. Trouble is , I was expecting a reaction game today, not more of the same .......

:lol:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Where the **** do you start with that?

Team selection was bollocks
Individual performances were likewise. After a reasonable start, Ives is rapidly sinking without trace.
Hargreaves couldn't pick his nose let alone a team to win a game.
He said we'd see a reaction today after last weekend but what we got was 11 losers kicking it long time after time.
Full credit to Telford who had one of their easiest games of the season today.
Hargreaves should walk but will he?

1600 home crowd shows that the interest in the club has gone and I tonight I'm extremely embarrassed to call myself a Torquay fan.

Go Hargreaves!!!
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Burnhamgull wrote:Where the f*** do you start with that?

Team selection was bollocks
Individual performances were likewise. After a reasonable start, Ives is rapidly sinking without trace.
Hargreaves couldn't pick his nose let alone a team to win a game.
He said we'd see a reaction today after last weekend but what we got was 11 losers kicking it long time after time.
Full credit to Telford who had one of their easiest games of the season today.
Hargreaves should walk but will he?

1600 home crowd shows that the interest in the club has gone and I tonight I'm extremely embarrassed to call myself a Torquay fan.

Go Hargreaves!!!
Sounds great.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Quite shameful that a so called fan couldn't wait to come on and gloat after a defeat he must have been craving.

Despite the hysterical responses from some it still stands that Hargreaves isnt responsible for us being where we are now. The rot set in while the dynamic duo of Baker and Phillips were running things.
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Chose not to go to the game today, opted instead to and watch my lad play down at Ivybridge. As I didn't go it wouldn't be right for a say everything I want to, however there is something I just can't let go.

I've just looked through the starting line, player of the month Gueguen dropped, why ? Has been the stand out defender over these last few games, Ajala dropped, seriously ? I accept he lacks quality, however the one, in fact the only player we can rely on game in game out to run, work, tackle and never stop trying for the team, Reid on the left hand side of midfield.

Mr Hargreaves, as a player you were once the victim of a bizarre decision, by Buckle to play your good self as a centre back, I thought you would have learned from, obviously rather than learning you've actually read the Buckle manual on how to fork up a perfectly decent player and morphed in to Buckle himself.

Sorry Dave SG , while I completely agree the rot set in well before CH arrived, he isn't doing himself or our club any favours at all right now.
Last edited by Dave on 07 Mar 2015, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Southampton Gull wrote:Quite shameful that a so called fan couldn't wait to come on and gloat after a defeat he must have been craving.

Despite the hysterical responses from some it still stands that Hargreaves isnt responsible for us being where we are now. The rot set in while the dynamic duo of Baker and Phillips were running things.
When your paying hard earned cash to watch us be beaten by Telford, it is no wonder fans on this forum can express their opinion whether it be annoyance or by sarcastic remarks. The club is rudderless . Kelvin needs to hold an emergency meeting ASAP
Lucy
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote:Quite shameful that a so called fan couldn't wait to come on and gloat after a defeat he must have been craving.

You have gone down in my estimation, with the players available Chris should have got more out of them as already this season the players have proved they can perform. Chris does not know his best team and seems at a loss to put things right.
Briscoe should have started today and why Campbell did I do not know. The midfield selection was weak with only Chapall performing.
Chris is not responsible for the last few seasons, but he is for this season and he has lost his way. You may come back with my views a rubbish but I could have got more out of the team today than he did. I want him to do well but if he can't pick a balanced side we have no chance. :keepie:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

taxilady wrote:according to CH on Radio Devon we will get a reaction game on Tuesday night against Chester. Trouble is , I was expecting a reaction game today, not more of the same .......

I thought exactly the same - his words rang rather hollow.

I don't know or profess to have any clue, but a team that was steamrollering the opposition, during that late summer/early autumn period, just how does it transform into such a disjointed unit?

At one point, even the full-back pairing of Tonge/Cruise was playing perfectly well, with Young and Richards looking an inspired midfield pairing. How can it go so wrong?

Now, I just expect us to lose.
PaulR
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulR »

Are you seriously suggesting that as the person responsible for team training, selection, players positions on the pitch, motivation, and substitutions, that as manager Chris Hargreaves bears no responsibility for where the team currently find themselves in this league?
http://www.rockettrides.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

And how much support did the magnificent Gulls 'earn' today?
Absolutely nothing.
Every supporter left in the ground at the final whistle should have booed loudly to express their disgust at that inept performance.
Don't blame the referee who was equally inept as he saved those picking a man of the match an impossible decision with the Rice penalty save as no one over the 94 minutes deserved the accolade.
Nevermind everything is ok nobody died.
And of course CH was in no way responsible.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

arcadia wrote: You have gone down in my estimation, with the players available Chris should have got more out of them as already this season the players have proved they can perform. Chris does not know his best team and seems at a loss to put things right.
Briscoe should have started today and why Campbell did I do not know. The midfield selection was weak with only Chapall performing.
Chris is not responsible for the last few seasons, but he is for this season and he has lost his way. You may come back with my views are rubbish but I could have got more out of the team today than he did. I want him to do well but if he can't pick a balanced side we have no chance. :keepie:
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

SG - I have had respect for your postings in the past but I now think you have lost the plot along with Hargreaves. How can Baker & Philips be responsible for the debacle on the field in the last few weeks and Hargreaves have no responsibility at all?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Some people are clearly not reading what I've written.
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think it depends on each fans opinion as to how good we think the squad actually is. I personally think there's more than enough quality in there for us to gain a top 8 finish, and the moment we're on course for a bottom 8 finish, that's a massive under achievement, the players and team have gone backwards. Some may think this squad isn't anywhere near good enough, and the lack of quality is down to relegation and the miss-management that led to it.
Formerly known as forevertufc