Torquay v AFC Telford

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

arcadia wrote: It just shows you've got nothing between your ears as your comments are of someone who has no idea about football and hide behind a computer your pathetic. :keepie: Don't knock what you don't know. As I SAID YOU ARE LIVING IN THE PAST AND HAVE TO BE RUDE TO MAKE A POINT. I have experienced more than you will ever know. :keepie:
haha this is amazing SG hits the nail on the head time and time again about the failings of the directors which is allowed to silently pass by!!

hargreaves to stay the useless lot upstairs OUT!! (not a post against Thea, the others ie the clowns)
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Root cause analysis, ask yourself WHY are we in such trouble, when you have that answer ask yourself WHY again. Keeping asking WHY until you find the cause.

Who has the answer?

Why 1 - Poor results
Why 2 - Squad under achieving
Why 3 - Manager and Coaching staff under achieving
Why 4 - Poor appointment of Manager and Coaching staff
Why 5 - Incompetence at Boardroom level to appoint required personnel
Last edited by kevgull on 08 Mar 2015, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

arcadia wrote:
It just shows you've got nothing between your ears as your comments are of someone who has no idea about football and hide behind a computer your pathetic. :keepie: Don't knock what you don't know. As I SAID YOU ARE LIVING IN THE PAST AND HAVE TO BE RUDE TO MAKE A POINT. I have experienced more than you will ever know. :keepie:
Yawnfest !!!
i could literally have nothing between my ears but still make more sense than you do. Do you really think anyone is impressed because you managed at Western League level? You throw it in like it's supposed to mean your opinion carries any weight. It doesn't, trust me.

So Hargreaves is a terrible manager because he doesn't shout? I think you better get a cotton bud to see what's between your own ears, make it long enough and I'm sure it'll come out the other side unscathed. Chris Hargreaves has played under enough managers in his playing career to have a better idea than you or I how to pick a side and how to get the best out of it. The plain fact is he is working with a group of players that are letting him and themselves down. Given the time and finances to pick his own leaders and his own senior players within his budget and not the remnants of anyone elses and then he will be able to be judged fairly.

You never know, Baker and Phillips might regain control of the day to day running of the club and I'm sure they will be looking for just such an idiot as yourself, you seem right up their street.
Now I'll get back to hiding as you're really scaring and intimidating me :rofl:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Yes I'm a bit like you name dropping so everyone is impressed that you were coached by Tim Flowers. I don't make excuses for saying these things because it's been part of my life for longer than you have lived. :keepie:
Last edited by arcadia on 08 Mar 2015, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

John Burridge was my coach, Flowers was just a deputy ;-)
Dave

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The important thing is did it do you any good! :keepie:

Oh your directing things at me because you made a statement that backfired. :keepie:
Last edited by arcadia on 08 Mar 2015, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

SG says Hargreaves is working with a group of players which are letting him and themselves down. The fact is that these are his players not Knills as he isn't picking Knill's castoffs. The question then is why are they letting him down. Could it be that he does not command respect from the players and also the discipline is poor?
Hargreaves is getting paid for the responsibility that goes with the job. To say he is not responsible for the teams present position is frankly unsustainable.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote:I personally do not think a manager shouting at his players is the sign of a good manager, after all who wants to come to work just be shouted out, yes in football there is a time for harsh words to be said, but not all the time. Coach's and managers stood in their technical areas shouting, screaming and waving their hands around like a demented aeroplane controller, isn't a good sign either, usually means the team aren't following instructions, or playing well.
To get away from the SG/Arcadia spat that this thread has become, I agree with Forever that it is not a sign of a good manager to be always shouting at his players. I can't imagine Frank O'Farrell or Leroy Rosenior raving and ranting at players. Cyril Knowles rarely shouted at players during a match but it is known he gave them an earful in the dressing room afterwards if players didn't perform.

I'm with Arcadia with his suggested team selection before the match, though. To leave out Guegen, Ajala (although he may have been carrying a knock from the Wrexham game), Briscoe and Richards seemed very strange. I don't think SG could have seen the last two games. If he had, he would have seen a team devoid of any match plan and a total lack of team spirit. What has happened to the team spirit that seemed to be there at the beginning of the season? There is something very wrong from top (excluding Thea Bristow) to bottom at the club at present.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No SG clearly wasn't at the Wrexham game otherwise he would realise that his defence of the manager is nonsensical. Hargreaves stated in his pre match interview on radio devon that he rested Ajala and Richards because "they had played too many games"
He also stated that he left Guegen out because he wanted to go with his two more experienced centre halves however he then suggested that he wanted to keep Guegen for next season.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote:No SG clearly wasn't at the Wrexham game otherwise he would realise that his defence of the manager is nonsensical. Hargreaves stated in his pre match interview on radio devon that he rested Ajala and Richards because "they had played too many games"
He also stated that he left Guegen out because he wanted to go with his two more experienced centre halves however he then suggested that he wanted to keep Guegen for next season.
Fair enough re Ajala and Richards. Arcadia's suggested line-up had Guegen playing as a holding midfielder in front of Downes and Pearce, the sort of position Damon Lathrope played in. I reckon he could play that role well which would also take a bit of pressure off Luke Young. Dave Thomas made the same comment during one of his commentaries. By the way, you weren't at the Telford game. I can assure you it was every bit as painful as the Wrexham 'performance'.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

It's not a case of defending the manager, it's supporting him when some are ready to press the kill switch and plunge us into an even deeper mire. Each time we replace a manager we sink further and further because we are stretching finanaces to the limit. Maybe some of you should consider this before writing your bile, just a thought !!!
Dave

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I think the decision to dispense with CH or not, if that was what was desired, depends on the contract he has. I was always under the impression that he had a fixed term, two and a half year contract when he was appointed. That essentially would take him until the end of next season. If the club is in such a perilous position that they simply cannot afford to sack him, then basically we have to wait a year before he can be shown the door.

However, a few posters are suggesting that he is in fact on a one year rolling contract. Now, I realise that this has been debated before, in terms of what a one year rolling contract means, but my impression is that it means that he perpetually has one year on his contract and therefore would be entitled to one year's worth of compensation, should he be sacked.

If the club cannot afford to pay that one year's worth of salary, then they never will be able to, and it means we would be stuck with a manager the club do not want, simply because they cannot afford to pay him off. On the other hand, if they have to pay a year's worth of money whenever he goes, then they may as well get on with it, if this is what is desired.

Furthermore, the club really ought go have this covered in any contingency funding they set aside.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It isn't bile though is it. Its realism. I have no idea what games you have attended lately but I can assure you the Wrexham game was one of the worst I have seen in 53 years of going to Plainmoor. If its a one off then thats all well and good. The players froze,it was the ref,etc,etc - whatever the excuse was it doesn't matter. The problem is that its the same pattern week afterr week. A dire performance at Wrexham was then followed by an even worse one a week later. We were then promised a reaction against Telford but couldn't even beat the worst side in the division.
We got through to the semi finals of the Trophy purely because we got lucky and played a whole succession of park sides. On chances we should have lost to Fc United - but again got lucky. Our performance was no better though - the same pattern is repeated game after game, much like it has been for the past five months when we have been more or less nothing short of abyssmal week after week.
The Wrexham no show at home was the straw that broke the camels back as far as the supporters concerned. Lampooning posters for not spending money going to matches is ridiculous - the club does not have a divine right to expect people to turn up and have to witness this crap ie a manager who is clueless and a bunch of players who seem to be half fit and don't give a toss.
I do accept that some of this is not Hargreaves fault - no doubt if he could have offloaded Harding he would have kept Mansell for starters.
But when the manager has lost the crowd and the players, which clearly seems to be the case sadly there is only going to be one outcome.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

CH has dispensed with the softly, softly touch and has gone into board beating mode.
The book when it eventually comes out will be a must read!

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

First time I've managed to get onto this site since Friday night due to hectic weekend working and attending to pressing family matters.
What a bloody depressing read this has been. Thread after thread of the same "sack the manager/the manager must resign" postings.

It's clear that all is not great at the good ship Torquay, and CH must take some of the blame for this. However, misguided as it is, I still have faith that he will turn things around and that next season will be a much better one than this.

FWIW, and doing my very best "wivel" impression, I agree with Dave....

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com