Torquay v AFC Telford

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Forest gull wrote:I've never known the forum so quiet on match day.
Hardly surprising FG all things considered. :-/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

StretfordGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by StretfordGull »

Why haven't we scored? WHY?
We need answers. What's the reason?
I just cannot believe how bad this season has been.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Shamefull.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Hargreaves' post-match interview should be interesting. Surely he must have spent all week demanding a reaction from the players after the Wrexham farce, either the squad haven't listened or they are incapable of dispatching bottom placed Telford. It's just pathetic and I'd like Hargreaves to recognise it. The way the club has just collapsed in the past few years is really upsetting.

And the boos ring out around Plainmoor. Game over.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Disgraceful.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Their keeper made 4 good saves
Campbell after their goal
Young free kick and the rebound
Briscoe pile driver

Credit to rice and he was reasoning with some guys say in it was his fault
StretfordGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by StretfordGull »

This is simply unacceptable.
We've been through the ringer this season as fans and we all deserve better.
The majority of the players don't deserve our support and backing and the manager has catastrophically failed to lift them.
I've never, ever been more angry after a football match than this. This was the game that should have been an apology to the fans by going someway to make up for the utter farce this season has been, and we go and lose to the worse team in the division, at home, with hardly any shots on target.
I'm sick to death of the state of our club and something drastic needs to happen today.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

lucy6lucy wrote:
It's going to be an interesting night on the forum .

My throat slitting, back stabbing instrument needs no invitation to do the necessary :devil:

After two unacceptable successive home defeats last season against Rochdale and Chesterfield, knobhead Knill wasn't sacked. When (too late) they finally sacked the knobhead they appointed another knobhead. The current knobhead needs to be sacked NOW, not 10 games into next season. When the current knobhead is sacked into next season, the new knobhead appointed at that point will have TUFC well on the way to the Devon & District Sunday Pub League.

TUFC run by a consortium of businessmen? What is for sure, is they know f**k all about the business called football.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Say what you mean Troj
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Just got back. Absolutely spineless performance. I've given Hargreaves the benefit of the doubt up until now but I've had enough. Let's start with the bizarre team selection. Ajala on the bench?! He's been one of very few positives lately and his omission from the starting XI is a serious hint that Hargreaves has lost the plot. Gueguen has just been voted our Player of the Month (admittedly that doesn't say much at the moment) but his reward for that is to be... dropped to the bench. Richards is one of few players who actually shows passion and now he's out of the team. I think Hargreaves must just pick names out of a hat.

Our full-backs today made Tonge and Cruise look like Cafu and Carlos. Dawson thinks he's playing dodgeball because every time the ball was booted towards him he seemed to run away from it. He conceded the penalty after catching his opponent with a stray arm and was absolute rubbish. Ives was just as bad and was at fault for the first goal after his clearance went straight to a Telford player in the box. His favourite pass was back to Rice and he rarely crossed the halfway line. He looks a shadow of the player he was in his first few games and his confidence has been shattered. Pearce and Downes played quite well to be fair. Pearce made one mistake in the first half which went unpunished but they were solid. Rice was voted MOTM for his penalty save and could do nothing about the goal. Out goalkeeper being MOTM at home against a part-time team who are bottom of the league really does sum it up. The same part-time team have now done the double over us. For feck sake.

In midfield, Young had another poor game and McQuilkin quickly faded after a bright first 10 mins. He's too lightweight to play in a two-man midfield. Chapell is another player not strong enough and too inconsistent. He will beat his player and then shank a cross straight out of play. Reid had a debut to forget. Kept coming inside and waiting for the ball to come to him instead of actually going to the ball. Doesn't actually look very quick and can't head the ball.

Up front we were pathetic. Bowman is probably our best striker but wouldn't be fifth choice in most of our squads over the years. Completely miscued a shot towards the end and was never in the game. Ditto Campbell, who did force the keeper into a great save in the first half, but that was his only contribution. Ajala went on a couple of mazy runs when he came on and did more than the front six who started combined. Briscoe almost rescued a point with a piledriver which was tipped over and Yeoman only came on for a few minutes.

Their goalkeeper did make three of four excellent saves - the pick of the bunch being when he caught Pearce's goalbound header after tipping a Young free-kick onto the bar. Downes had a couple of golden chances with his head but we struggled to create opportunities in open play. We were second to every ball. There was no passion, no fight, just resignation throughout the team. I don't know what we do on the training ground. Our tactics today were to pass it back to the defence or keeper and then lump it aimlessly forward.

Huge boos at the end and fans calling for Hargreaves' head. He headed straight down the tunnel at the final whistle. Six or seven players had the bottle to come towards the Popside, including Young who was getting dog's abuse from one fan. Young was smiling sarcastically and shrugging his shoulders. You could tell he was clearly peed off but did the sensible thing and walked away. Rice came right over to the fans and was also getting stick. He did nothing wrong today and was pointing to himself to suggest as much. Hargreaves should have had the balls to come over but he left his players to deal with the abuse instead. So much for protecting his young lambs. The way we played today, I honestly can't see where the next win is going to come from. It's a good thing there is still a big gap between ourselves and the trap door.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote:
My throat slitting, back stabbing instrument needs no invitation to do the necessary :devil:

After two unacceptable successive home defeats last season against Rochdale and Chesterfield, knobhead Knill wasn't sacked. When (too late) they finally sacked the knobhead they appointed another knobhead. The current knobhead needs to be sacked NOW, not 10 games into next season. When the current knobhead is sacked into next season, the new knobhead appointed at that point will have TUFC well on the way to the Devon & District Sunday Pub League.

TUFC run by a consortium of businessmen? What is for sure, is they know f**k all about the business called football.

:engflag:
Wonder if I'll get any stick tonight re giving Hargreaves grief on here???
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Of forgot the Telford chant of "How s**t must you be, we're winning away." Reminded me of a few years ago when we lost to an already-relegated Halifax at Plainmoor in the final game of the season.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

tommyg wrote:Of forgot the Telford chant of "How s**t must you be, we're winning away." Reminded me of a few years ago when we lost to an already-relegated Halifax at Plainmoor in the final game if the season.
Embarrassing.

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Amazing - lose at home to the bottom club and ours is the first match report on the BBC.. :@

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31670747

TUST Member 468

taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

according to CH on Radio Devon we will get a reaction game on Tuesday night against Chester. Trouble is , I was expecting a reaction game today, not more of the same .......
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066