F.A Trophy semi final 2nd leg v Wrexham

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

brucie wrote:Well heres my ratings out of ten:

Rice - Woeful flapper. Poor distribution. The free kick for the crucual first goal landed about three yards inside the six yard box centrally. Rice was flapping around - didn't even get off the ground. Another gift and the game was gone. Hopeless as ever 0/10

Googly - Pedestrian garlic muncher 0/10

Macdonald - Non league clodhopper with a desperately short fuse. Is he better than Pearce? - no chance 0/10

Downes - Ok until someone runs at him, then he is found out 0/10

Ives - Won't sign a contarct but why? - won't be a premier league player in a million years. Struggling at this level - Cruise would be better if fit. Poor today 0/10

Ajala - didn't come off for Toby today but was subbed when there were ten other more useless players on the pith. At least he tries 3/10

Young - gone downhill quicker than Franz Klammer - appeared to give up in the second half - Unforgivable 0/10

Richards - Another player who at least seems to care 3/10

McGerkin - totally out of position on the wing 0/10

Bowman - Absolutely useless 0/10

Campbell - Absolutely useless 0/10

Hargreaves - left out Pearce for some reason. Maybe could have gone for McGerkin at right back allowing us to play Reid or Chappell on the wing. Bought on Briscoe who surely had to go up front but played on the wing. Leaves Bowman on despite being useless every game. Terrible after match comments. 0/10

Hodges - Big eared muppet who doesn't appear to do anything 0/10

Veysey - supposed to be the goalkeeping coach but Rice makes the same mistakes week in week out 0/10
Got agree with most of it today! I just made a joke of it as I was so sick of it.
:keepie:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

I hope CH feels a right co*k now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31589308
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:I hope CH feels a right co*k now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31589308
And if he reads this forum tonight he might be following the same path as Ling
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Abject performance agreed.
Crowd turned up but the team didn't.
Lots of emotional reaction understandable but I'll wait to comment tomorrow. The players are most likely feeling as bad as we are and like it or not so is Chris Hargreaves who really wants to succeed.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: I bet you wish it had been postponed..... :-/
Yep or I wish we'd lost 0-3 last week so I wouldn't have made the journey today.

Terrible afternoon and I've never seen so much anger and disappointment. When I walked out after the third goal, there were dozens leaving. It was embarrassing.

Today was the clubs chance to gain new support and they completely failed.

Just waiting for the rose tinters to start putting some spin on today's performance. Give it a few days and they'll start to surface.....
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its not so much how we played - its more that we were lucky not to have been out of the tie last week. Having got away with it last week you would have expected us to have really given it a go this week, but no we are actually even worse, yet the manager says he is "shocked".
According to CH we lost because of "a mad ten minute spell" - absolute garbage - if Wrexham hadn't scored any we would still have lost because could still be playing now and wouldn't have scored.
Wrexham played every free kick and corner right under Rice just waiting for him to miss one like he did for their first goal - it is so blindingly obvious but we are tactically clueless.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I wish I could argue against some of the postings on here, but I can't. Wrexham wanted to win more than we did and their manager got their tactics right - our manager didn't. As for Hargreaves' ridiculous comment in the radio interview "nobody died today", he obviously hasn't heard the great Bill Shankley's quote "Some people believe that football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, it's much, much more important than that".

The manager and team has lost its way big time since about last November. Players arguing amongst themselves (Bowman once again having a go at team mates when he himself was useless - no wonder York got shot of him) and showing indiscipline by getting involved in spats with the fans. Almost an extra 1000 fans there today. Bet they, and many of the regular loyal 2000, won't bother again. As Chris Fleet said after the match - I have no idea where we go from here.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

had time to reflect. still pissed off, we're done as a competitive football team for the next couple of years
The gulls are going up
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The sad fact is that is this is the WORST Torquay team I have ever seen.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

The tempers of many supporters are running very high tonight and it's no wonder. The club have to realise that this time it's possibly the straw that broke the camels back.

Interesting to see the reaction next Saturday.

Only the fact I have a ST will get me back to Plainmoor this season.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

brucie wrote:Just making off - From what I have seen so far this season I really expect the team to freeze today. Hopefully I will be proved wrong but just cannot see us overturning the deficit. Its just a case of winning the game and taking it to extra time if necessary.
I really think that we will fall short this time though.
Like him or loath him, Brucie again proves himself to be spot on.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

And another thing. Wrexham had a tough match on a heavy ground against Forest Green last Tuesday whilst we didn't play of course. Yet the Wrexham players looked far more alert and sharper than our lot. Why ? It's a question that Chris Hargreaves and Lee Hodges ought to be looking at.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

stefano wrote: Well he sat in the comfort of a television studio only a little over 12 months ago and said, "Something's got to change."

He was probably right although it was the most blatant job application I have ever seen when there wasn't even a vacancy.

Well he got the job and was given two targets. (1) Keep us up; and (2) -If number 1 was not achieved - Get us back up.

Now I am no expert, but from the comfort of my home office (after several years working in Italy Scotland v Italy was more important to me today) I can confidently say, "Something has to change".

It's ok. I don't want the job! ;-)

I agree with winkey -> ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
PL21gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee MansellBaseball

Post by PL21gull »

Totally agree with Swanny and Burnhamgull; tactically totally inept - how could any manager watch his team go through park-style kicknrush all game? - how did he think we could score when we mostly had a 4-4-0-2 formation? No support for the front two (incidentally, Bowman is getting much undue flak as he tried harder than most yesterday), no attempt to play through the midfield, dreadful crossing when we did get an opportunity to do so.
Anyone could see that Wrexham's smallest player (Keates, no 12) was controlling the match, he won countless headers, he was always reading the game, and we desperately needed to push someone up to challenge him, ideally our anonymous captain. Then again, anyone could read our game, from aimless long balls with the wind going out of play to pathetic throws-in aimed only at lobbing the ball at a forest of (mainly opposition) heads which only succeeded in giving the ball away.
What on earth goes on in training? What is the use in warming-up with passnmove, triangles, shooting, when in the game we just hoof the ball out of play or out the ground.
Come on management team, let's see some football. Although the players have borne the brunt of everyone's disappointment from yesterday's woeful showing, they surely play to orders, and even with the wind at our backs we never tried to control the game or put pressure on Wrexham, and that is unforgiveable in the context of a Wembley day at stake.