Eastleigh v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scotty the frog will be made up! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Well done to the team. Great to beat the moneybags of Eastleigh. Hope this is the start of better things in the League. And I echo the comment re Constable, one player that I can't abide.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Terrific result - may this be the spark that gets the team moving on and up

Having grown up and gone to 6th form college in Eastleigh it is hard to imagine Torquay playing in Eastleigh and that our victory could be so huge - how things change

COYY
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

We are unbeaten when Oli G plays ...
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Hi Guys , don't know if this helps but Olivier Gueguen is pronounced PHONETICALLY in English GAYGAN. But whatever hopefully we have a player for next season
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

typical BBC. According to them. Briscoe scored our winner. doh!
Just heard CH talking on the radio. love the bit about Toby Ajala say he would score 15 or so Goals so CH put a tactics board up with Ajala aa manager. most of the team was Ajala and even the ball boys were Toby Ajala. love the banter. poor boy was either embarrassed or evil. either way it appears he did the job today lol.
BTW. heard the police were on the pitch today and they got chucked off this time. !!!
Last edited by Glostergull on 14 Feb 2015, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

frenchgull: Think I'll stick with Oli. Great result.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Thanks Frenchgull. Lets hope Steve and can pronounce it correctly in his commentaries !! :)

Its something that really bugs me when reporters/ commentators can't be bothered to pronounce any non English names correctly or at least try to get close to it !!! :lol:

Van Gaal !!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

despite all the hype over previous signings will Ollie Gueguen turn out to be the signing of the season. Hard to come over to try your luck in a new country in a league where your not even sure of your skill level compared to our standard as french leagues don't even compare. all credit to the lad and here's hoping he has his feet on the ground and commits to us for a good while and we commit to him.

OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Looking at the other results from today, Wrexham beat Barnet which will make things interesting in the semi final, and I saw Ryan Jarvis scored a 90th min winner for Aldershot!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Before too long we could be selling him to Man U for £20-30 quote n. Same goes for most of the team.. :-D :~D
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Back from the match. First half we were disappointing. Bowman had a great chance to score. Took the pass round the keeper only for his shot to be cleared away by a covering defender. But all credit to debut boy Gueguen who rifled home the equaliser on the stroke of half-time.
Second-half we were a different team with much more bite pressing a suspect home defence. Cameron went on several attacking runs causing them problems while Briscoe and Bowman were a threat all afternoon.
For a team like Eastleigh which could leave Midson, Constable, Strevens on the bench just shows how money talks. They wasted many excellent chances trying to chase an equaliser after Bowman (not Briscoe) scored the winner into an empty net after Cameron's shot rebounded off the foot of the post into Bowman's path.
Ok so only the first away win since November but this win should silence the critics for a while. Roll on Wrexham next week.
Oh yes the Lincoln re-arranged match on Tues 24th still stands as Wrexham have a re-arranged match that night too.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Gullscorer wrote: Before too long we could be selling him to Man U for £20-30 million. Same goes for most of the team.. :-D :~D
Nah. we are Torquay. we only sell em at car boot sales. £20 max. more likely with a bog off. Buy two cheap players and get an expensive forward on high contract free.

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

OllieGull wrote:Looking at the other results from today, Wrexham beat Barnet which will make things interesting in the semi final, and I saw Ryan Jarvis scored a 90th min winner for Aldershot!
Nah. i think your reading too much into that result. Wrexham beat Barnet at their gaff earlier in the season and recorded a double over them today. May be more of a bogie team for Barnet methinks. don't think wrexham lost to barnet last season either

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Dear TUFC players.

Tomorrow marks the day when I finally get to see you lot live this season - barring the TV appearences obviously (and I've tried to rid myself of the Alfreton one).

My journey for the game starts at 6 tonight, when I fly across.
All I'm asking for is a win tomorrow - you can play as sh*t as you like, I just want you to win. That would make my weekend, and the considerable expense in getting over, worth it.

I don't want you to play well and lose - just win.

Whatever it takes, and however it comes.

Just win.

Please!!
Is there any chance you can get to more games, Scott ?? You obviously make a difference ......... :clap: :clap: