Eastleigh v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Eastleigh v Torquay

Post by Dave »

Saturday sees our team return to league action, with our first ever visit to the Silverlake stadium to take on the spitfires , in our only previous meeting the spitfires were shot down 2.0 by the gulls at Plainmoor back in November. This gives us another chance to gain our first win double of the season, Eastleigh's home form of late has been patchy.

Since our last meeting Eastleigh have seen some changes to their squad with Stuart Fleetwood re-signing for FGR and Yemi Odubade move on to Woking, however the spitfires have added Dan Walker from Braintree on loan and Harry Pell on a free transfer from Wimbledon, Eastleigh have also signed veteran striker Deon Burton until the seasons end.

For those driving to the game, there are 350 parking spaces at the ground, Eastleigh have overflow parking at the near by Wellington sports ground, Trojans hockey and Stoneham park, but it advised to be there before 2pm for parking. Eastleigh's club house is opened at 1.30 and there will be no segregation in force for this match.

http://www.eastleighfc.com/tickets/getting-here/

Eastleigh's current form at home reads; W-D-L-W-L-D current form overall; L-W-L-D-D-W.

Saturday Eastleigh suffered a shock result drawing 3.3 at home to Telford, however were in action last night with a 1.2 away win at Southport, they lined up as follows;

01 Flitney
16 Evans Booked
03 Green
17 Reid (Spence - 68' )
26 Partington
12 Midson (Walker - 76' )
10 Reason
14 Strevens Booked
27 Pell
09 Constable
11 McAllister (Burton - 75' )

Last Saturday saw us gain a place in the F.A Trophy semi-finals with in front of 1,300 very noisy FC United of Manchester fans, we've all hoped that every win in the Trophy would kick start our season back into action, and so far that hasn't happened, our team slipped to 11 points behind the play-offs after last nights results, so we need to see results in the league improve.

Our current away form reads; D-L-D-D-L-D current form overall; L-D-D-D-L-D

Our line up for last weeks 1.0 win over FCUM was as follows;

Martin Rice
Krystian Pearce
Angus MacDonald
Aaron Downes (26 Ollivier Gueguen 35)
Levi Ives
James McQuilkin
Luke Young (capt)
Courtney Richards
Louis Briscoe (12 Jordan Chapell 73)
Ryan Bowman
Toby Ajala.

Last Saturday saw Aaron Downes taken off with an injury and as far as I know isn't expected to play, I would image non-contract French defender Ollivier Gueguen will deputise, and the gulls other non-contract defender cup tied Aaron Dawson should return at Right back. Whether some like it or not Saturday proved once and for all 4-4-2 is our 'A' game, after switching to that formation with Chapell out wide was the only time our team had any dominance in the FCUM game. Jordan Chapell had an instant impact on last weeks game, I would like to see him in the team out wide, with Briscoe up top with Bowman, as Briscoe to me, and I know others agree isn't suited currently to play as a winger.

I am going to this game, looking forward to meeting up with forums members I haven't seen for a while, I have spare seats if anyone needs a lift.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

It's a win or season over scenario in relation to the league.
Lucy
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I'm at this game.

Can't bloody wait!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

If Dawson returns at right-back then Pearce could move into the middle to partner MacDonald unless he's injured after last Saturday.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It won't be an easy game but I've a feeling our luck in the league is about to change: we'll win this one and go on a winning streak.. :-D

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

That's a good point re; Pearce, I some what lost the fact that Pearce would be available to play at centre back. It will interesting to see whether CH does go with Pearce or Gueguen, in the games I've see Pearce hasn't looked right mentally all season, whether he doesn't want to be here or he knows he won't be after the seasons end who knows, he looked disinterested Saturday, playing him at RB may not have helped but regardless he's still a professional footballer, Gueguen looked decent enough Saturday, and if CH is going to try and convince him to stay on, he may get the nod.
Formerly known as forevertufc
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Good feeling about this one, 0-2 Torquay, COYY
hustgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by hustgull »

I'm going too! No segregation??????? Is everyone planning to go in the same area so we can make a bit of noise?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Does anyone know what's happened to Courtney Cameron? Is he injured or simply out of favour? I'm not saying for one minute that he should be playing because he's been pretty ineffective this season. It could be useful to bring him on late in games but it seems that even when there are several players out as there were last Saturday, he doesn't even make the bench.
WestKentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by WestKentGull »

A must-win game if ever there was one... lose this and it's season over re the play-off spots.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Dear TUFC players.

Tomorrow marks the day when I finally get to see you lot live this season - barring the TV appearences obviously (and I've tried to rid myself of the Alfreton one).

My journey for the game starts at 6 tonight, when I fly across.
All I'm asking for is a win tomorrow - you can play as shit as you like, I just want you to win. That would make my weekend, and the considerable expense in getting over, worth it.

I don't want you to play well and lose - just win.

Whatever it takes, and however it comes.

Just win.

Please!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Dear TUFC players.

Tomorrow marks the day when I finally get to see you lot live this season - barring the TV appearences obviously (and I've tried to rid myself of the Alfreton one).

My journey for the game starts at 6 tonight, when I fly across.
All I'm asking for is a win tomorrow - you can play as sh*t as you like, I just want you to win. That would make my weekend, and the considerable expense in getting over, worth it.

I don't want you to play well and lose - just win.

Whatever it takes, and however it comes.

Just win.

Please!!

lol,,,hope you get your wish, you certainly deserve it,

But if it's play shite and win you want you should have been there last week mate!
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

nickbrod wrote:If Dawson returns at right-back then Pearce could move into the middle to partner MacDonald unless he's injured after last Saturday.
I think this is the safest bet for us I hope McDonald is fit as he's been a very good signing. :keepie:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Gullscorer wrote:It won't be an easy game but I've a feeling our luck in the league is about to change: we'll win this one and go on a winning streak.. :-D

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
I think you should pick yourself as we could do with a gullscorer. :keepie:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

arcadia wrote: I think you should pick yourself as we could do with a gullscorer. :keepie:
You've posted this twice, Arcadia. Once was one time too many .......... :red: ;-)