FA Trophy Quarter-Final vs. FC United of Manchester

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Great occasion, great atmosphere. It's a cup,competition and we are in the semis. We may not have played Barcelonesque football, but we won.

Bath City please next.

Well done United, the yellow army, and the brilliant FCUM fans.
P.S. Much better and true than Brizzle Robers fans
Punk Football
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Punk Football »

A big thank you to you and your club for making all my fellow FC United fans so welcome.

We had a fantastic day. Felt like a real celebration of football.
Punk Football
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Punk Football »

FC United video diary...
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Punk Football wrote:FC United video diary...
Fantastic. Great to have a bit on an insight into your club and the values behind it. Hope you do win the league and that yesterday's 1/4 final means of there is something of a connection between our clubs. We could certainly learn from the variety of your songs!
TUST number 080
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Also really enjoyed watching FC United diary. Thanks for posting Punk Football. Great bunch of fans...
FCUnitedRoad
Trialist
Trialist

Post by FCUnitedRoad »

Hi Guys,
I have just returned home to the North West after a fantastic trip to Sunny Devon.
I'd just like to offer my congratulations on the win for your team and I do hope you make Wembley and win the Trophy!

I have read all of this thread and Thank the majority of the Fans and people of Torquay for great hospitality and the very kind and positive comments regarding our support and team performance. The team obviously raised their game, but I don't agree we are a Park team. For seventh level football, we don't just hoof it and do try to play it on the ground.
The majority of fans at plainmoor were good honest fans, there will always be a few who spoil it for the rest, such as the Idiots who threw the flares on the pitch, it is a problem we have had in the past and we do our best to control it. And then handfull of young Torquay fans near the away end, who spent the majority of the time watching our fans, gesticulating and throwing the odd coin and other objects at our players, something "brucie" forgot to mention in his post, maybe he never saw that. ;-)

As stated above there will always be people who spoil things, just like there will always be people who like to report the negative things about such a great occasion as happened yesterday.
Anyway, I will leave you to your fine forum and I hope to see Torquay as a club for as long as I'm kicking! Take care, Thanks again and good luck to you all!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

stefano wrote:I agree with wivel ;-)

I agree with winkey ( ;-) )

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

On the same day yesterday the FA Vase 5th Round ties were played. "S'n Ossel" * progressed to the 6th Round.

* AFC St Austell
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

FCUnitedRoad wrote:Hi Guys,
I have just returned home to the North West after a fantastic trip to Sunny Devon.
I'd just like to offer my congratulations on the win for your team and I do hope you make Wembley and win the Trophy!

I have read all of this thread and Thank the majority of the Fans and people of Torquay for great hospitality and the very kind and positive comments regarding our support and team performance. The team obviously raised their game, but I don't agree we are a Park team. For seventh level football, we don't just hoof it and do try to play it on the ground.
The majority of fans at plainmoor were good honest fans, there will always be a few who spoil it for the rest, such as the Idiots who threw the flares on the pitch, it is a problem we have had in the past and we do our best to control it. And then handfull of young Torquay fans near the away end, who spent the majority of the time watching our fans, gesticulating and throwing the odd coin and other objects at our players, something "brucie" forgot to mention in his post, maybe he never saw that. ;-)

As stated above there will always be people who spoil things, just like there will always be people who like to report the negative things about such a great occasion as happened yesterday.
Anyway, I will leave you to your fine forum and I hope to see Torquay as a club for as long as I'm kicking! Take care, Thanks again and good luck to you all!
Thanks for that. Glad you enjoyed it except for the result. I was mightily relieved at the final whistle !!

Good luck for the rest of the season. I for one will be keeping an eye on your scores.

Sorry about Brucie he is well.......Brucie :lol: :lol:
McGinty
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Guiliano Moiriana

Post by McGinty »

Despite the result I thought we (FC) gave a decent account, on and off the pitch.

Sensible selling arrangements, admission prices and fairly decent stewarding made it a decent day / weekend. The fans and officials of TUFC that we met were great, welcoming and knowledgable.

To say we were a poor side though is a bit harsh, even compared to Conference standards, we try and play football throughout the team, more than matched Torquay in terms of attitude and were unfortunate not to bring you back to Manchester.

Good luck in the semi's and I really hope Torquay go on to win the Trophy now. It's years since I've been down there, it's a great town, so hopefully we can get back soon... for another football game.

Not entirely sure what's going on with the ownership of your club. Hopefully you've not ruled out fan ownership, you've got the numbers to do it, and I think you'd thrive. Again, good luck.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote:On the same day yesterday the FA Vase 5th Round ties were played. "S'n Ossel" * progressed to the 6th Round.

* AFC St Austell
Glad you translated that Troj....
I didn't have a scooby which team you were on about....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Then there's Geoffery(Geoff)Rowe. A Cornish comedian living in Devon known by his stage name Jethro.

He don' piss about, 'e tell as it is through Denzil's eyes.

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I went to yesterdays game, it was my second game at Plainmoor this season.

"Different season, different Saturday, same shite".

Third game this season may be the home leg of the FA Trophy semi.

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Dutchgull - . Were you at the game. Don't feel the need to apologise for me you arrogant arsehole. Do you actually think that throwing flares on the pitch is in order then? if so you are a complete burke.
To the FC United fan - No I didn't see our fans throwing coins - but I was sat in Bristows Bench so it was easier for me to spot a couple of red flares than a ten pence piece from the other side of the ground.
You are quite right though - you get the odd idiot from whatever team you support.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Oh dear Brucie (Terry) no sense of humour you pathetic arrogant ignorant tosser. Yes I can insult people as well. No I do not think that throwing flares on the pitch is in order. I watched from Bristows bench a "park" team outplay a team of "professionals". We were bloody lucky to get away with that.

Jeez you are such a pratt handing out insults to opposition supporters their teams and often to your fellow Gulls I suppose you get some kind of kick out of it.

"You are quite right though - you get the odd idiot from whatever team you support." .................. No Further Comment required !!

=D =D =D