Altrincham.v.Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Bloggy wrote:Meh!
b*llocks is a better word.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Disappointing, sounded good, on top even, in the first half, but nothing in the second half. Too many booking, but not sure if that was because the Ref was being a complete tool. Commo made a point at the beginning of the match of saying how many cards and reds this red has given in the past 8 matches. Card happy.

What does Briscoe have to do to get a starting place? Cameron isn't doing it, Briscoe knows where the goal is. No brainer for me.

Oh well, to Hemel Hempstead we go. I'll be there. COYY
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

In the bottom half, below teams like Dover, who have games in hand - it is just embarrassing. No doubt it will be because of the officials but more it is because we are just pretty dire. Is it the manager? I'm starting to wonder whether he is simply out of his depth.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

As someone once famously said during a Spotlight interview when asked to comment on how things were going for TUFC under Alan Knill ...... "something's got to change" .... fully expecting a bottom eight finish now, thank goodness for our early season form as that is the only thing that has (hopefully) saved us from a real relegation battle. Our "current" form is truly woeful and as our league season peters out the only thing we have left to look forward to is an FA Trophy run ... well at least for another week anyway!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Bottom half of the table, 15 points above 4th from bottom team, who have 2 games in hand.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

we wont go down!!!!

famous last words lol
TUST MEMBER
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As hector says, despite budgets,refs etc etc to be in the bottom half of this league is just embarassing. There is NO justification to be below part times teams managed by a schoolteacher. Thats is just ridiculous.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

But still only 5 pts from play offs :)

Which is a fact, but I don't think we will make it and NEVER did from day 1
TUST MEMBER
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

What time this evening can we start the "Hargreaves Out" campaign?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Just listened to Steve Breed. Totally agree, this team isn't good enough. There will be a massive clear out. All the high earners should go. If Young wants to stay then yes. Berry if he wants to. I would keep Yeoman as a squad player. Im struggling with the others to be honest. Briscoe not fit enough for 90 mins, that's no good when you have a small squad. Ajala, mmmmm maybe. That's it for me, no one else.
TUST MEMBER
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Neal wrote:Just listened to Steve Breed. Totally agree, this team isn't good enough. There will be a massive clear out. All the high earners should go. If Young wants to stay then yes. Berry if he wants to. I would keep Yeoman as a squad player. Im struggling with the others to be honest. Briscoe not fit enough for 90 mins, that's no good when you have a small squad. Ajala, mmmmm maybe. That's it for me, no one else.
Bowman/Ives/Chappell?
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Maybe/maybe/no
TUST MEMBER
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Not sure what the answer is but a good natural manager should be able to motivate any starting eleven. When the high earners leave and Hargreaves has his own squad will people then say that we have to give him a season for those players to settle.
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I think Ives will be gone anyway so no decision there
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Not a season no, 10 games you can see if there is any basic footballing skill. If we were bottom half next season after 10 games that's me in the CH out brigade
TUST MEMBER