Bishops Stortford.v.Torquay F.A Trophy

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Blue Brazilian
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Sullivan

Post by Blue Brazilian »

No sour grapes just an observation. Obviously peed off as we were no way outplayed but that's something else! Your keeper, Rice I think, was either wearing someone else's Jersey or your kitman/woman needs a lesson.......way tooooo tight. A few chants of ''get yer tit's out for the lads'' certainly made him chuckle. He also applauded us so took it in good spirit! Also one of your defenders or poss midfielder fair hair with an attempt of a beard, ''there's only two James' Cordens''', deffo on the tubby side also. Anyway our only chance of glory gone back to the League and the joys of fighting relegation. Hope everyone who went (they'll see this when they get home later obviously) enjoyed our humble stadium! ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

thats briscoe, midfielder but im still struggling with who else, anyway bad luck todayand goodluck with the rest of the season.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Struggling to imagine a side not being outplayed and ending up on the wrong end of a 5-0 scoreline.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

A comprehensive victory but the score line could quite easily have been 10-4 to us as both keepers made important saves. Rice's handling was first class. Once again Bowman could/should have had a hat-trick but the five goals were excellent some as a result of unselfish play as many came from passing to a colleague rather than blasting hopefully.
Good to see Chapell on the score sheet with a brilliant strike from a tight angle.
No doubt detractors would have moaned had we not won by a big score but we did so celebrate. Also the club is £5000 better off tonight.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I blame Rice that we didn't score more. Inexcusable
TUST MEMBER
gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

Who we got in next round?

Excellent result for momentum. Clean sheet too. Let's hope we make it 3 wins on trot at braintree. Hope angus is ok or we got problems
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The draw for the Second Round Proper will take place at Wembley Stadium on Monday morning. Ties to be played on Saturday 10 January. Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/competitions/ ... Tam8rg2.99
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

This was a good result - well done Chris and the lads. Okay it was against a side near the bottom of the league below us and we SHOULD win but the fact is we DID win. Whether 5 - 0 flattered us, it doesn't matter. We won. It was a potential banana skin. I haven't seen many Trophy results other than Rovers losing home to Bath (hang on a sec whilst I get out my hankie) and Aldershot losing home to Burgess Hill !!!??? What league are they in, for goodness sake? Also, I saw that Eastleigh lost (away to Woking ?) so no pay day for them. Shame !
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Blue Brazilian wrote:Just got home on a cold and frosty night in East Herts. Very flattering scoreline, you probably deserved the win but only one team playing football, especially in the first half. Referee had an absolute shocker no need to guess he's postcode but at this level we're sort of used to it. Your full timers fitness level certainly showed in the second half though gotta say we've never seen so many overweight players in a full time team before. Very surprising! Disappointed with the 'Blues turnout not much atmos but I suppose it's Xmas, shopping and all that crap. Only 80-100 Torquay made the effort. GL in the next round....ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!
I agree the score was a bit flattering but you must be joking about only one team playing football. Although Torquay went long a few times, when the ball was played on the ground you had no answer and were outclassed. As the goals suggest. Although your players put in maximum effort, your attacks belonged on a school playground. It seems your whole team want to be strikers and there was absolutely no invention up front. I'm not sure if thats the way you usually play but if it is, I'd hazard a guess you concede a fair few goals later in games as your team will be knackered with the amount of needless running they do.

Your left back didn't know what day it was defensively and it was down his side that a few of the goals came from. You have a couple of good players (mainly today no7 and no8 I think was the other) but you are poorly organised and approached the game all wrong. I'm not sure if you did your homework but the amount of space you gave Young (no8) to play in was ridiculous and he bossed the midfield on his own for the most part.

I wish you well for the rest of your league campaign but you really need to get a bit smarter and stop most of your team charging forward every time you get hold of the ball.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

We did the job and won 5-0, if it was 1-0 we would be slating them, so let's give credit to the lads. Let's face it there where some shocks as such today, luckily we are not one of them. It's a cup competition that ends at WEMBLEY. More importantly it's 5k to the coffers. Yes the league is important, but let's face it we are 5 games from a wembley final, hardly a distraction to the league is it really. Also Barnet could only draw 0-0 against concord rangers. Let's be positive, we did the job and bloody well.
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Is the 2nd round draw north/south drawn or national?
Lucy
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

lucy6lucy wrote:Is the 2nd round draw north/south drawn or national?
It's national.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

A Realist wrote:It's national.
Thanks
Lucy
Blue Brazilian
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Sullivan

Post by Blue Brazilian »

Think calling us a pub team is a tad harsh boy! Especially as our no.7 ran rings around your chubsters for most of the game! Ah we'll just goes to show how blinkered footie fans can be.
gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

Woah that no 7 will be well remembered for running rings around our chubsters(briscoe is only 'chubster'we have) for years to come.

Forget the 0-5 , let's hear it for the no 7