Torquay.v.FC Halifax Tue 9th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

That went from exceedingly comfortable to completely agonizing very quickly. Phew.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Glostergull wrote:anyone got any ideas how many away fans have braved he trip down?
Crowd 1470 with 75 away fans.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

COYY
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Weather conditions abysmal, so was not expecting to see a great game of football, and it wasn't that's for sure. Tonight was a victory for football , which our team at least tried to play against the hoofball of Halifax, early in the game to be fair Halifax created some good scoring opportunities but thankfully for us were unable to capitalise, our first goal came from probably the best passing move of the match, a couple of neat 1-2's put Bowman in who finished well, second a well taken goal by O'Archie after persistence from I think, but not sure Ajala.

Second half became a scrappy affair, none to surprising with the wind and weather conditions worsening, and just when I thought both sides looked as if they wouldn't score, our team went and made the game interesting as Halifax scored thanks to a Pearce mistake , as far as individual performances go O'Archie had a very good game, his work rate was as good as I've seen, held the ball up and was a constant menace and I would single out Ajala as well, just didn't give up and looked liked a player who really, really wanted to win this game towards the end, and credit where it's due, Ricey has taken a real bashing, he made three decent saves first half and seem to handle the conditions well, even if he did over hit a few goal kicks second half, but surely even us TUFC fans can forgive him that.
Last edited by Dave on 09 Dec 2014, 22:29, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Looking forward to the reports :)
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

" but surely even us TUFC fans can forgive him that." wouldn't hold your breath
TUST MEMBER
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Neal wrote:" but surely even us TUFC fans can forgive him that." wouldn't hold your breath
Trust me, I'm not. ;-)
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

hahahahaha
TUST MEMBER
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

That's a massive win. 2nd -13th is so tight that we could finish anywhere between these points. Nobody other than Barnet is showing any great consistency to cement themselves in the play-offs, so with another little run of wins we could still make the play-offs, which would be a very good season for us. We've had a pretty tough run of fixtures recently and have won a few, but thrown quite a few away as well, so tonight was important to climb a few places and make things look a bit rosier before the FA Trophy break.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

To help out ForeverTUFC, the persistence was from Bowman who chased off down the right after a ball down the 'channel', muscled a defender off the ball, chased it to the goal line and then crossed for Duane to score
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Didn't manage to catch goals but a bit of the atmosphere from the 1400 Torquay fans
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

gateman49 wrote:To help out ForeverTUFC, the persistence was from Bowman who chased off down the right after a ball down the 'channel', muscled a defender off the ball, chased it to the goal line and then crossed for Duane to score
Thanks, couldn't quite see from my view who it was, mind you Ajala and Bowman do look the same.. :) , still pin point pass into to O'Archie and good finish.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

A decent result, I guess, if a decent result is hanging on against a part-time team but that is how far we have fallen. However, a result I would have gladly have taken before the game, so well done to the players.

The crowd is a concern and I have contributed to that by missing the last 3. The Eastleigh and Barnet games I had better things to do, but I could have gone tonight but just could not be bothered to drive for an hour and stand in the cold, especially as none of the 5 I normally stand with were going either. Less than 1400 Torquay fans is abysmal but not surprising.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote: Thanks, couldn't quite see from my view who it was, mind you Ajala and Bowman do look the same.. :) , still pin point pass into to O'Archie and good finish.
i think you'll find dave that they were seperated at birth....... :} :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

That's right Chris, they could be twins, so an easy mistake to make, to be honest I didn't see who it was and took a little bit of a guess as Ajala was often on that side, shouldn't have put a name to it. Hey we live and learn, or in my case, live and learn sod all.. :)