Torquay.v.Eastleigh

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

hector wrote:This is a good side I put this in a post last week hope Chris reads the posts. :keepie:

A good point, Brucie - Cyril's team played the same in 88, as did Hodges team, 10 years later in 98.

Who would you drop? Chapell? Richards?

I would personally keep Richards as the anchor of a 3 man midfield to allow Young to go forward and Ajala to do his thing. Perhaps...

Berry MacDonald Pearce Downes Ives

Richards
Young Ajala

Bowman Briscoe
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I've just watched the highlights.

As I watched the second half from the Family Stand, for the second goal, I didn't realise at the time how well Briscoe did to win the ball (and break up an Eastleigh attack) nor did I realise how far he ran with it (he was in our half and not by a few inches) before unleashing his pile driver shot. All that was in the last couple of minutes of ordinary time.

Whatever his weight is he certainly is fit (and very skilful).
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

gateman49 wrote:I've just watched the highlights.

As I watched the second half from the Family Stand, for the second goal, I didn't realise at the time how well Briscoe did to win the ball (and break up an Eastleigh attack) nor did I realise how far he ran with it (he was in our half and not by a few inches) before unleashing his pile driver shot. All that was in the last couple of minutes of ordinary time.

Whatever his weight is he certainly is fit (and very skilful).
He has got fitter with every game but he should be fit. :keepie: