Macclesfield Town v Torquay United Tuesday 25 November 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Any goalkeeper turning up January doubt it, with the loss of parachute payment we'll need to lose the wages of said players just to survive, can not see what room CH will have to move to be honest full stop, they'll be replaced with bargain basement players, with out a big turn around in fortunes and promotion, we're in for years of misery, just being honest.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote: But that's it in a nutshell Matt, we can't afford any thing else, we've got a player on the bench not even getting paid, it say's it all. I've bored myself into submission saying it, we TUFC have only our self's to blame, we had the choice while in League 2 to take the high road or the low road, we took the low road and f*** our club up in the process , I said it and said it. To late now.
......and weve got players on the bench that get paid too much .........
like you say dave, weve had this discussion many times. the problem I -and you have is that it could have been easily avoided.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The plain fact is that Hargreaves isn't good enough. According to Steve Breed we have won ONE game out of the last THIRTEEN.
That just isn't good enough in this league. Hargreaves sounded very deflated in his after match interview. He is actually getting on my nerves to be honest. Yes its Eastleigh on Saturday another team with a big Budget (get your excuses in early Chris).
Strangely enough for a bloke who bangs on about very other teams budget every fecking week he didn't seem to mention that we were beaten tonight by a team who get crowds of a thousand less than us and were missing their centre forward tonight because he had been recalled by the mighty Whitehawk. And to cap that the home team charged £14 to get in thats a third less than we do.
So really they are doing a damn site better than Hargreaves is on less money - perhaps we ought to be looking at their manager who is doing a damn site better than HArgreaves is on about half his resources.
Hargreaves "rested" Cruise tonight and bought in Ives. Yes he is a great player Chris and consistent as well two games two cock ups resulting in goals. Perhaps Ives would do better concentrating on defending rather than listening daddy tell him what team he is going to sign for.
Then there is Briscoe - what a fat load of use he is. Predictably lasted about 5O minutes tonight - absolutely whats the point.
Just as saturday I told you exactly what would happen. One mistake lose 1-0, despite having about 140% possession in the game.
Its nowhere near satisfactory whichever way you swing it.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

PlainmoorRoar wrote: :goodpost:

The crazy wages of Tonge, Benyon, Harding, Chappell, who are providing nothing on the pitch is killing us, its crazy!

I see Eastleigh had the night off ready for Saturday and Dover who we play next Tuesday have won 5-0 at home!
Chappell isn't on crazy wages, but the sooner we get rid of the other three the better. Harding is constantly injured, Benyon is constantly falling over and Tonge is constantly ****.

Surely there must be a half-decent goalkeeper available on loan? Hargreaves needs to get back on the blower to Uncle Eddie, or see if Poke fancies joining us for the 594th time.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

brucie wrote:The plain fact is that Hargreaves isn't good enough. According to Steve Breed we have won ONE game out of the last THIRTEEN.
That just isn't good enough in this league. Hargreaves sounded very deflated in his after match interview. He is actually getting on my nerves to be honest. Yes its Eastleigh on Saturday another team with a big Budget (get your excuses in early Chris).
Strangely enough for a bloke who bangs on about very other teams budget every fecking week he didn't seem to mention that we were beaten tonight by a team who get crowds of a thousand less than us and were missing their centre forward tonight because he had been recalled by the mighty Whitehawk. And to cap that the home team charged £14 to get in thats a third less than we do.
So really they are doing a damn site better than Hargreaves is on less money - perhaps we ought to be looking at their manager who is doing a damn site better than HArgreaves is on about half his resources.
Hargreaves "rested" Cruise tonight and bought in Ives. Yes he is a great player Chris and consistent as well two games two cock ups resulting in goals. Perhaps Ives would do better concentrating on defending rather than listening daddy tell him what team he is going to sign for.
Then there is Briscoe - what a fat load of use he is. Predictably lasted about 5O minutes tonight - absolutely whats the point.
Just as saturday I told you exactly what would happen. One mistake lose 1-0, despite having about 140% possession in the game.
Its two. Wrexham and Barnet. Not that that is much better of course.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brucie wrote:The plain fact is that Hargreaves isn't good enough. According to Steve Breed we have won ONE game out of the last THIRTEEN.
and their players are part-time..........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

But according to Hargreaves our players "were tired" tonight. Really it is pathetic the way he is carrying on. I am sick of hearing it to be honest.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I keep saying it. Unless a club out there is prepared to loan us a goalkeeper and pay all of the players wages and pick up the bill for all the players expenses, because there actually isn't such a thing as a completely free loan, then where exactly is this loan keeper coming from, because no club is going to do that unless we're quite happy to take there U18 lad on loan.

If as the ever growing rumours of Luke Young's departure turn out to be true, I would expect that money to go to paying back the ever growing directors loans, and when the three amigos have gone and their massive wages with it, sadly if we don't get promoted that will be offset by the loss of the parachute payment, so Chris Hargreaves in the summer will have wheel and deal like no other TUFC manager has for some time, the chance to set our club on different course came , went and has gone, with out major new investment, get used to where we are.
Last edited by Dave on 25 Nov 2014, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

And just to add to some honest speaking, if Chris Hargreaves doesn't know how to wheel and deal at this level or where to look, we need to find some one who can and does.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

A Realist wrote:Its two. Wrexham and Barnet. Not that that is much better of course.
You can add wins against Dover and Woking to the last 13 matches as well..Its 1 win in the last 8...
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Ives - played only two first team games. Nipper. Inexperienced. Apparently now HIS fault we lost.
Broscoe - fat and unfit, yet our second top scorer........

We have a team of youngsters, many of whom have played little first team football before. We have a captain who is inexperienced in that department, yet is really our only saleable asset, trying to rally the troops - many of whom are dead on their feet due to inexperience and age.
It may be non league but many teams will give our lot a game.

I'm not trying to make excuses - we lost and we really need to start getting some sort of consistency, yet this is exactly the sort of form one would expect for a team made up of players such as ours.

Money is bleak, but I'm not certain I see it quite the same way as Dave. Thaea isn't as stupid as some think she is and she knows that the only way she will make money is by getting this club back in the league. With that in mind I think that Chris will get the money being spent in wages of some of the overpaid, unplayed bench warmers, next season when they've gone. I can't see Mrs Bristow keeping hold of it as it gets her nowhere by doing so, though she is, of course, entitled to do so, after all it's her club.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Sunnysideup wrote: You can add wins against Dover and Woking to the last 13 matches as well..Its 1 win in the last 8...
Or, we could go the whole hog and say it's nine wins in the last 21....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote: But that's it in a nutshell Matt, we can't afford any thing else, we've got a player on the bench not even getting paid, it say's it all. I've bored myself into submission saying it, we TUFC have only our self's to blame, we had the choice while in League 2 to take the high road or the low road, we took the low road and f*** our club up in the process , I said it and said it. To late now.
The way I see it Forever, the Board allowed Knill to bring in players such as Hawley, Tonge, Harding, Benyon and Chappell on mega wages and then there was nothing left in the pot (apart from asking Thea to dip into her handbag once more) to bring in any more signings. The die was cast as they say. Money was found to allow Hargreaves to bring in Labadie, Cargill, Coulthirst and Goodwin on loan ..... oh, and Wilkinson (I wonder where he's playing this season ??). Maybe more could have been done to keep us up but I'm not sure what. Trouble was it was too late. Hargreaves didn't have enough time to rescue the club from the mire that Knill had left behind. You will argue that money was squandered on the Seale Hayne training ground and you could well be right but I think the root of the problem was money paid to Knill's signings who badly under-performed and this still applies this season to three of those players (Hawley gone of course and Chappell agreeing a more realistic contract).
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Money is bleak, but I'm not certain I see it quite the same way as Dave. Thaea isn't as stupid as some think she is and she knows that the only way she will make money is by getting this club back in the league. With that in mind I think that Chris will get the money being spent in wages of some of the overpaid, unplayed bench warmers, next season when they've gone. I can't see Mrs Bristow keeping hold of it as it gets her nowhere by doing so, though she is, of course, entitled to do so, after all it's her club.
That's a fair enough opinion, as all opinions expressed are. The reasons why I do not agree with you is, and I'm not saying Thea is stupid nor do I believe genuinely for one minute she is stupid, however, if Thea was going to back a promotion push with money, why not do it this season while the club has the benefit of a parachute payment, whilst I have no inside knowledge, there's plenty of evidence, like no overnight stops for away trips, along with other things to suggest this hasn't happened.

I think the recent friendly at Taunton and the trial players used in that game are a massive pointer to which direction our club is heading, it's going to be down to economics, the release of overpaid players we're left with will change very little , the sums are not adding up economically, and with out new investment and the loss of the parachute payment, they still wont next term regardless of any lower wage bill.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The keeper situation should have been sorted in the summer but all the supporters on this forum saying Rice should be given a chance and should be our number one after his run in the side last year. Chris fell for it and gave him a chance and Rice has blown it and now it's time to get in another keeper.
I said on the forum during the close season that we needed a keeper and this should have been addressed. I don't want to knock Chris but experience would have told him that at the end of the season that Rice is a good number two at club like ours. He took the easy option and played Rice. I'd be surprised if he recovers from this. :keepie:
If Seabright is the only option we've got nothing to lose play him Saturday.