Macclesfield Town v Torquay United Tuesday 25 November 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Scott Brehaut wrote: So was I :)
:)
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Bored with this now. Same story every week, we play well, we give away just a couple of half chances and Rice hurls it into his net.
I love Nina the taxi lady and I understand her defence of the guy, but he can pretty much **** right off. Yeah yeah, he's a great guy and no, I couldn't do any better and no, we can't afford to sign anyone and whatever other arguments are about to spew forth from Dave and Nina and whoever, but even I, the most ardent supporter of ALL things TUFC cannot continue to pretend that Ricey isn't very clearly the difference between us being top and us being in the bottom half.

Can we please, PLEASE sign a replacement? A couple of years ago, Dartford got Bettennelli off Fulham for a season. They probably paid about £5/week for him. If that's what it takes, I'll **** pay it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Ofori beaten in the air by a midget, O'Archie soon to star in the remake of White men can't jump.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Season over. Just not good enough. =Z
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I was wanting someone to react and tell me how good Rice was and then I was going to say I meant naan or chips.

But you've all spoilt it now !

I'm going to bed!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

CP Gull wrote:Season over. Just not good enough. =Z
think we knew that in august......... :-/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dave_Pougher wrote:I was wanting someone to react and tell me how good Rice was and then I was going to say I meant naan or chips.

But you've all spoilt it now !

I'm going to bed!

night, loser. :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
night, loser. :rofl:
Yep I'm a loser but aren't we all tonight?

I'd ask Martin to put me to bed but I'm not confident he wouldn't drop me on the floor and miss the bed due to a lack of communication between him and the quilt.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Rovers have beaten Barnet
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

ferrarilover wrote:no, we can't afford to sign anyone and whatever other arguments are about to spew forth from Dave .
Matt.
But that's it in a nutshell Matt, we can't afford any thing else, we've got a player on the bench not even getting paid, it say's it all. I've bored myself into submission saying it, we TUFC have only our self's to blame, we had the choice while in League 2 to take the high road or the low road, we took the low road and **** our club up in the process , I said it and said it. To late now.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

So frustrating. We have the quality in patches but not the consistency to win games regularly. That will happen with a young squad, and in a poor league we could still make fifth. What is really killing us is cheap goals - we are playing well but one mistake and we're losing. A new goalkeeper has to arrive in January or we can write off the season. At least then we have expensive league rejects out of contract that we can give Hargreaves some room to work with.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Gulliball wrote:So frustrating. We have the quality in patches but not the consistency to win games regularly. That will happen with a young squad, and in a poor league we could still make fifth. What is really killing us is cheap goals - we are playing well but one mistake and we're losing. A new goalkeeper has to arrive in January or we can write off the season. At least then we have expensive league rejects out of contract that we can give Hargreaves some room to work with.
:goodpost:

The crazy wages of Tonge, Benyon, Harding, Chappell, who are providing nothing on the pitch is killing us, its crazy!

I see Eastleigh had the night off ready for Saturday and Dover who we play next Tuesday have won 5-0 at home!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

ferrarilover wrote:Bored with this now. Same story every week, we play well, we give away just a couple of half chances and Rice hurls it into his net.
I love Nina the taxi lady and I understand her defence of the guy, but he can pretty much f*** right off. Yeah yeah, he's a great guy and no, I couldn't do any better and no, we can't afford to sign anyone and whatever other arguments are about to spew forth from Dave and Nina and whoever, but even I, the most ardent supporter of ALL things TUFC cannot continue to pretend that Ricey isn't very clearly the difference between us being top and us being in the bottom half.

Can we please, PLEASE sign a replacement? A couple of years ago, Dartford got Bettennelli off Fulham for a season. They probably paid about £5/week for him. If that's what it takes, I'll f**king pay it.

Matt.
Get Scott Bevan back! :keepie:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

It's not just giving away cheap goals though. Our strike force seem to need several shots on goal before we score too. We need to be tighter at the back, but also more prolific up front.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dave_Pougher wrote: Yep I'm a loser but aren't we all tonight?
I'd ask Martin to put me to bed but I'm not confident he wouldn't drop me on the floor and miss the bed due to a lack of communication between him and the quilt.
true. :'(

TUST Member 468