Torquay United v Forest Green Rovers matchday thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Harsh blaming Cruise for third, he has to start tucked in as the ball is in the middle of the pitch. If anything, Ajala should have been covering more. However he had done a lot of running already. Also thought Downes was slow regaining the line after he had made the original challenge.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I wouldn't actually blame Rice for those goals. The first one was pathetic as they had two men unmarked on the edge of our six yard box.
The second one was really impossible to tell - it seemed to go close to Rice's hands but actually ended up in the corner of the net. Think you would have to see that from behind the goal, but not his fault on that evidence.
The third one - result of a half hearted clearance by Downes - he should have put it in row z.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

The wall for the free kick (their second goal) looks gerry built to me .......
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Really enjoying the YouTube highlights this season. Means I can read people banging on all weekend, going into meltdown about how useless Rice is and how he cost us 2 points, and then see the video evidence of him being at fault for none of the goals.

I love being part of such a supportive fan base.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

brucie wrote:I wouldn't actually blame Rice for those goals. The first one was pathetic as they had two men unmarked on the edge of our six yard box.
The second one was really impossible to tell - it seemed to go close to Rice's hands but actually ended up in the corner of the net. Think you would have to see that from behind the goal, but not his fault on that evidence.
The third one - result of a half hearted clearance by Downes - he should have put it in row z.
complete change of tune from your adamant stance Rice was at fault, purely from the commentary

maybe you should actually attend a game, id*ot.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote:I wouldn't actually blame Rice for those goals. The first one was pathetic as they had two men unmarked on the edge of our six yard box.
Wow. R u ok brucie. You didn't eat duck from a certain East Yorkshire farm by any chance :lol:
Lucy
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

1st goal - Why were there to unmarked players in our box?
2nd goal - Good free-kick, maybe the wall could have been stronger and not allowed their player to push them out of the way but really the only person to blame is the one giving away a free kick in such a dangerous position.
3rd goal - General tiredness and complacency? Not one person at fault really, they all need to look at what they could have done better.

I don't think Rice can really take sole responsibility for any of the goals. Maybe he could have been more vocal in instructing the defenders what to do for the first goal but they should know not to leave players unmarked in front of goal.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Plainmoor turd - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. :clap: :) :whistle: :zzz: ;P :'( :goodpost:
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

No proper comeback from Brucie, id*ot status confirmed.

yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:No proper comeback from Brucie, id*ot status confirmed.
I think I'd consider you the 'id*ot' for not accepting that Brucie is allowed to change his view on certain matters. His initial evidence was the radio report - and now having seen more conclusive evidence (highlights) he's moved away from that stance.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

yellowforever wrote: I think I'd consider you the 'id*ot' for not accepting that Brucie is allowed to change his view on certain matters. His initial evidence was the radio report - and now having seen more conclusive evidence (highlights) he's moved away from that stance.
I'd accept it from a normal person.

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

PhilGull wrote:1st goal - Why were there to unmarked players in our box?
2nd goal - Good free-kick, maybe the wall could have been stronger and not allowed their player to push them out of the way but really the only person to blame is the one giving away a free kick in such a dangerous position.
3rd goal - General tiredness and complacency? Not one person at fault really, they all need to look at what they could have done better.

I don't think Rice can really take sole responsibility for any of the goals. Maybe he could have been more vocal in instructing the defenders what to do for the first goal but they should know not to leave players unmarked in front of goal.
The first goal we defended to deep, having done this you are looking for your keeper to be positive where was he.
The second the wall should have been lined up properly and when the kick was taken Rice looked like a lost sheep.
The third Chris should look at his substitutions we had Briscoe dropping off the front but ended up with two up front. Sinclair was having a lot of space and when Briscoe went off he had more. It's like someone else posted we've got a weakness in midfield once we make subs. Cruise you've got to put a question mark against him but as I said Chris knows he's got a weakness there as he was shouting at Ajala
to cover him.
Saying all that what a good game! :keepie:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

On the other side of the coin, I wonder what FGR fans are saying about the three goals we scored ?
1. lucky ricochet for the Gulls (but a great piece of opportunism by Bowman)
2. they'll be clamouring for a new right back !
3. stemmed from a corner which should have been cleared

All in all, six goals which probably should have been better dealt with by both defences but hey - 3 - 3 made for an exciting incident filled afternoon.

Just a comment re PhilGull's post where he puts blame on the player who gave away the free kick for the second goal. Even allowing for our biased opinions, I don't think many thought it was a free kick. In my view, Pearce won the ball fairly and that the free kick was a poor refereeing decision.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Yes Tomo your right it was not a free kick.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Nobody has commented on my suggestion, in an earlier post, that when we defend a free kick in such a dangerous position we should put 2 defenders, one on each post, to make the target smaller for the player taking the kick. We could still have 6 or 7 in the wall as well.