Alfreton Town v Torquay United – Saturday 11th October 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I've seen him once - Saturday.

He looked more than good enough then - he's our second highest goalscorer having played less games than Bowman and O'Achie.

Like I've said - it really matters not how "unfit" he is (and he didn't look that unfit on Saturday), just how many goals he scores. That's what he's paid to do, and that's what he is currently doing. What's not to like really....

I like Briscoe's close control in and around the box. He has enough about him (tad bulky) to hold off the opposition and either shoot or bring someone else into play. He is a natural timer of the ball and knows where the goal is, similar but not quite as good as Billy Kee.

Only early days for the lad however our other strikers seem to need too many attempts before scoring whereas Briscoe is taking his chances when they appear.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Phipsy wrote: A good win v Grimsby and it will be carry on the good work as before.
I hope it will NOT be carry on as before because it still wont have confronted and dealt with the three most recent successive away defeats and their causes (bizarre management - ill discipline - lethargy/coach lag/travel sickness :rofl: ).

As for an overnight stop at Aldershot, it aint gonna happen. Trips to Southport, Altrincham, Macclesfield however . . . . . . :-/
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Being a bit on the large side didn't do Kee or Howe any harm did it?

Briscoe is the only player who came away from Saturday with any credibility, got to keep playing him. Not convinced with Bowman up front, don't like the look of him, doesn't seem to do much for the team, Briscoe seems to be the opposite. Also, Briscoe has no cards in 9 appearances, for a team that has discipline issues that is noteworthy.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

taxilady wrote: Well, if you're Brucie : the way he runs, his beard, the way he doesn't score a goal every time he gets near the opposition goalkeeper !!! Poor Brucie, he doesn't like anything about TUFC at all at the moment; :no: :'( :aww:
Didn't think there was anything particularly odd about his running style, Sullivan on the hand....very peculiar
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

182 Torquay fans at Alfreton according to the match report in our local rag today. Just thought some of you would like to know.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.