AFC Telford United v Torquay United - Saturday 27th Sept

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

ferrarilover wrote:Don't panic, Captain Manwaring. Today was odd and by no means indicative that we're bollocksed. Loads of guys at 5/10 today and up against a team who mixed lots of effort with lots of falling over.

Everything went wrong for us today. Much of it was of our own making, there are no excuses here, but we won't be conceding four of that type of goal for the rest of the season, let alone in one match. Ajala and Downer both allowed themselves to get wound up. Both were extremely stupid to do as they did, but for subtly different reasons.

A load of old pony from our spotty mob too. Pipe down, kids, you're embarrassing yourselves.

On a brighter note, I spoke with Duane after the match and he's a tremendous chap, the sort of bloke you want your daughter to bring home.

On to FGR, where we'll play properly.

Matt.
I would agree with all of this.

We were poor and no doubt the team will recognise that. Literally seven of the scrappiest, worst goals I have seen in my life.

To quote Martin Ling, "the DVD won't be a bestseller in the club shop".
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Agree Bruce. But the priority for me is results first then performance so Im not moaning ok everyone!!!! BUT I think we have rode our luck so far ( deserved after last season I might add). The run has been great result wise BUT not performance wise, excuses like staying over night, they are tired, they are all young don't wash with me at all. WE ARE A FULLTIME PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL club, half of this division are painters and decorators for christs sake. Of course we wont win every game, but....... letting 4 in to the bottom club, getting 2 sent off is very poor! Also, we have commited the most fouls. NOW.... I hope no one is suggesting the refs in this league have "got it in for Torquay", that's ridiculous, every team can say that one, and probably do if you were to visit all the forums. But because we are Torquay, and a big fish we are correct, NO.... I would dispute the big fish actually as well. CH should sort out the discipline this week, that should be simple if he has any man management skills at all. That's one thing sorted!

My prediction is still that we will finish 8th, I think BR and a couple of others are quietly getting to grips with this league and it has always been my thinking that we will put in a better go next season.
TUST MEMBER
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Just saw the highlights, Ricey definitely had an off day but I'm not going to slam him like most on here, he has made some fantastic saves up to now and I don't think it's fair to write him off after one showing; saying that however I do think it would be nice to give Seabright a run in the team and see what he can do in a pro match.