Torquay United vs Stockport County

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Mendipgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Mendipgull »

Stockport reminded me of us the season we went down. I haven't seen such shite as that at Plainmoor for a while.

Excuse me if I don't make sense I'm drunk again and its Mass tomorrow.
I grassed on Waller.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote: Mate, I absolutely do not want to take away the point of your post, but the highlighted bit, I feel and I think on reflection you will agree, had considerably more to do with the lack of quality in the opposition that anything or anyone in out team. We could have had Kermit the Frog, Big Bird and Lambchop at the back today and Stockport wouldn't have scored.

Matt.
Matt, I've had a horrific couple of days but that has just made me laugh (LOL, I think the kids say) so I thank you.

And Torquay won too, hooray.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Glad to be of service. If you really wanna show your appreciation, the MOTM thread is on the main board, at the top. ;-)

You seem to receive my humour (WITH A 'U') with considerably better grace than Drunmergull, who I've pissed off with an amusing comment in his latest thread. Oops.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

All's well that ends well Matt. I was tired and generally pissed off yesterday evening, apologies for my overreaction.

In other news, did anyone see Billy Kee's celebration yesterday? I've never seen anything so bizarre.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Pretty decent performance considering the difficult conditions. Though we were obviously helped by the awful nature of the opposition - quite the least effective team i can remember seeing in League football.

The new boys were superb too. Robinson obviously gave the more eye-catching performance, and looks like an excellent aquisition - if there is any chance of that move becoming permanent in the summer, i'd hope we're already doing the groundwork! Not sure he looks like a goalscorer though? Difficult to say for sure, as he played wide yesterday, but he looks for all the world like a pacy-tricky winger? Either way, would be a fantastic addition to the squad. I thought Stanley played very well too. Doesn't look like he'd be the most mobile, but he covered a lot of ground, made tackles and looked to get forward. Very impressed, and i'm more confident in our prospects having watched them in our colours.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

What a week that was . . . farce followed by disappointment followed by disappointment followed by farce followed by gloom followed by a back on track deserved win.

It wasn't a classic, the conditions saw to that, although I thought the wind dropped a bit in the second half. I said before kick-off it would be a scrappy affair littered with mistakes. As it turned out it wasn't that bad although Stockport were pants. The groundstaff did a remarkable job on the pitch as I thought it would cut up and become heavy. Well done to Scott, Aussie, "Sven" and all the volunteers.

Tuesday night showed the two loanees can play. Coupled with the changes made by PB, Stanley and Robinson had excellent games, Stanley in particular being my MOTM. What a rasping shot he had in the second half. Robinson's first half effort that the 'keeper tipped on to the bar wasn't bad either.

Puffing Billy has been threatening to put away a 25 yarder for some time, but they've been charged down or blocked by defences. One got through and it proved to be the clincher. I'm warming to Billy, he's always looking for the opening to shoot at goal. Whether he can add to his game and put poacher goals away like Benyon only time will tell. A starting run in the side is his now.

Potter won't have an easier debut. Kicked well throughout the game and gave the defence in front of him confidence. Mansell when at rightback gives us something extra down the right hand side when going forward. Robinson on the left for Stevens was spot on. Robertson and Branston at the back were solid. For me, an unchanged side against Barnet and lets see where it takes us.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 23,00.html

Explains why potter was chosen, understandable with the windy conditions.

I did say to nickgull, more out of a joke that potter was chosen because of his superior ability to kick. Didn't expect to be right! :lol:
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

anyone know why branno was so happy with oastler pointing to his shirt and tried to shout something to the fans from the pitch?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:anyone know why branno was so happy with oastler pointing to his shirt and tried to shout something to the fans from the pitch?
Hopefully something like "its my shirt now and my starting slot". I thought he had a solid game. Picked up plenty of ball in the midfield and made the simple pass to someone in the same colour shirt. Got on with his game with no fuss.
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

3 points was all we needed, and we got the performance to go with it, lets not forget Stockport are a shambles though, nothing compared to Darlington last season, they were just embarassing. The formation was interesting, as it gave Zebroski and Robinson license to roam, and Kee would stay central, Stanley was awesome yesterday, really impressed, he plays pretty much the same as Wroe but does the job better. Oastler did his job well, and would be a very good addition to the team on a permanent basis. O'Kane was good as always, seem to have recovered from his 2-3 game average spell. I hope that if Branston goes or loses his spot in the team, we get to see and Ellis, Robbo partnership at the back, given time we could probably reap the rewards. Same team against Burton, same result please.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Was quite shocked to hear PB in his post match saying Swindon wanted Billy Kee as well as Benyon. Does that mean he's off at the end of the season or PB wants the Swindon job?
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: good old billy bunter! :clap: :goal:
Noted.... :@

Am really hoping that KingKee gets a good run in the team now...my Choos are resting on it
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

westbaygull wrote: Noted.... :@

Am really hoping that KingKee gets a good run in the team now...my Choos are resting on it

Och aye the noo Chimmey !

On another thread Westy you mention whips. Does this mean if I moon you I can expect this . . . :whip:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:anyone know why branno was so happy with oastler pointing to his shirt and tried to shout something to the fans from the pitch?
I saw this too, but I also saw what appeared to be an angry reaction from Oastler towards Pickles, throwing off his arm and pushing him away. Might have been in jest, but may just as easily have been serious. Anyone know anything about this?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullsrus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gullsrus »

yes i spotted this gesture from branston and i read it too that he was saying that oastler should keep the shirt after a solid performance. i keep forgetting that oastler is only 20 he seems to play with more experience than that. i also thought that he pushed branston away cos he was a little embarrassed ( not angry ) and in jest . he seems to be a no fuss/ no nonsense type of player. on the subject of age i noticed that a few people were calling robinson ( "young robinson" ) in their posts but actually he is 24. i wonder how long a player can be classed as young? :-/ :-/