Grimsby v Torquay United – Saturday 13th September 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

:goodpost:
Last edited by chippygull on 14 Sep 2014, 14:30, edited 2 times in total.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

forevertufc wrote:Why is there still the clamour for Levi Ives, like he's some magical fix to a problem that doesn't exist, correct me if I'm wrong our back 5 in every game bar 1 has been Rice, Tonge, MacDonald, Downes, Cruise we've conceded 5 goals in 9 games, ave 0.56 goals a game, 0.25 goals a game at home, and 0.80 goals a game away from home, our defence is currently ranked 1st in the league, right now change nothing.

As said before the footballing graveyard is full of burnt out injury prone 28 year olds over played when they were youngsters, CH has a duty not just to the club, but to manage, protect and develop Levi Ives' career , right now CH is doing a great job on that score, Levi's Chance will come, as fan I'm just glad with the return to form of Tonge and Cruise, with the knowledge that MacDonald is more than capable of covering the RB spot, and Ives can come in at any time at LB for the first time in along time, not forgetting Pearce probably the best defender at the club who cant get a game right now, our team looks secure at the back.
Plus for one of those games since Gateshead, Cruise wasn't even playing when we conceded and young Levi was possibly at fault for the goal. Like you, I think Ives is a great talent waiting to emerge but CH is doing exactly the right thing by gently introducing him and especially when there is no need to because whatever people think of Cruise, he is part of a successful defence. It would folly to change it now.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes it may have been folly to have dropped Cruise for the Aldershot game - we may have had two more points if he played.
Nelly GTFC
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Nelly GTFC »

Best team that's played here so far this season, totally owned the first half, gave our players no time on the ball.

I think our manager put the wrong players on the pitch first half, second half even with 10 men we was on the ball most of the time, but felt like you was happy with the 0-2 lead.

Good luck for the rest of the season. :scarf:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Nelly GTFC wrote:Best team that's played here so far this season, totally owned the first half, gave our players no time on the ball.

I think our manager put the wrong players on the pitch first half, second half even with 10 men we was on the ball most of the time, but felt like you was happy with the 0-2 lead.

Good luck for the rest of the season. :scarf:
Yep - we was well 'appy with the result

:) :scarf:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Aaron gets it in the Downes

Leaping like a salmon?
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Sweet baby Moses - is Andy a Grimsby fan now!!??

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Sweet baby Moses - is Andy a Grimsby fan now!!??

:)

Great read!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

oh that was priceless. One of the best reads i have had in ages. One point in this writers favour. He wasnt entertaining by being mean and describing us as nasty cheats or anything like you get from other clubs. he was refreshingly honest. and comolimentary. something we don;t see very often. i might even buy a copy or two juste for the writing cos it was brilliantly entertaining.
Noticed too that it was described as The No1 independant. non commercial. and fed up. Oh my life. this guys a gem.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843