Grimsby v Torquay United – Saturday 13th September 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Glostergull wrote:There nothing in our last few years history that says we will sell out best players to get money back quickly.
Olejnik . . . O'Kane . . . Robertson . . . Ellis . . .

:@

And here we are in the f*ckin' non league . . .

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Previous negative waves I know. :-/

Good win today. :clap:

Hard on and "Ben" Young out ! Oops Ben Yon.

Put your 10k each back in you tight b*stards, maybe the gamble of the price of an average 2nd hand car IS worth the gamble!
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Thats a terrific win. I am not actually too surprised we won though. The team spirit is there and I really think we are going to have a decent season.
Lets face it our start was frustrating but really we should have beaten Dartford,Southport and Aldershot and the signs were there.
We have really started to turn it around though - we must have the best central midfield two in the division and ourt two strikers are a rare handful.
What a game now on Tuesday night - I don't finish work till 6.30pm on Tuesday night so its going to be the devils own job to get there.
I am not too worried by Woking - I think we will beat them and having watched Dover against Barnet - well there really won't be any point in them turning up next saturday.
The win today should surely mean a 2000+ crowd on Tuesday.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Another cracking win, well done CH and players, long may this continue.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Cannot believe I'm saying this, but surely Tonge, Downes and Chappell must come off the transfer list now, and Cruise offered a contract through til January at least.

Forgot how much fun being a football fan can be after the last two seasons!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Kernowgull wrote:Cannot believe I'm saying this, but surely Tonge, Downes and Chappell must come off the transfer list now, and Cruise offered a contract through til January at least.

I thought Chappell already has?

But like most posts, a massive well done to the management team and players, what Hargreaves has built from a mediocre budget is staggering , we are a team something which has gone since the ling era. :bow:
Lucy
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

Highlights are on Grimsby web site gull player equivalent already..........................................................fab fab fab
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

eastmoorgull wrote:Highlights are on Grimsby web site gull player equivalent already..........................................................fab fab fab
Can you share with a cheeky link
Lucy
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

Trojan 67 wrote: Olejnik . . . O'Kane . . . Robertson . . . Ellis . . .

All of these players could have stayed at Plainmoor as they were all under contract, but understandably each opted to advance their careers and cash in on the benefits of a transfer. Thats the dark side of football these days unfortunately.

Its no good blaming a group of supporters who stumped up a few quid each to stop our beloved club from folding in its hour of need. They should be thanked, and none more so than by you, coz if it wasn't for them you would have no one to moan at.

By the way: unbeaten in 8, scored 15 let in 2, playing the best football seen at Plainmoor for years with a pretty young side..

Back to lurking ( laughing mode ) for me on this forum.

Unbelieveable post!
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

The minor investors/non investors(the majority) on the board with their collective f*cked up decisions over the last 2 seasons want their losses back in quick time.
Put your 10k each back in you tight b*stards, maybe the gamble of the price of an average 2nd hand car IS worth the gamble!
I may be being a little naïve, or maybe I've missed something down the line, but...
who is this aimed at in particular?
Who has put in/taken out £10,000 and who are the minor investors/non-investors?
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

First goal good slide in from Richards
second goal it got deflected and young celebrated right in front of the home supporters.
Rice made 3 or 4 great saves especially the point blank header.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Trojan 67 wrote: Where have you been you Warbro Road/Popside part-timer ?

The minor investors/non investors(the majority) on the board with their collective f*cked up decisions over the last 2 seasons want their losses back in quick time.

I bet ive been on the terraces more often in the last year you dorris lovin farter
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Trojan 67 wrote: Olejnik . . . O'Kane . . . Robertson . . . Ellis . . .

At the risk of being accused of hijacking the thread. Total and utter Pollox. (yup fishy puns not dead yet). stick that up yer Kyber and smoke it.
You know full well that all these players were signed on the understanding that they would be going if someone bid the going rate for them,. that was not the board trying to get their money back quickly it was the players making their own minds up how much they wanted to be paid. the board wanted to keep them. there was absolutly nothing that you can point to that tells anyone that the board were selling to get their money back quickly. I might as well accuse you have fathering Doris. at least some on the pop side could actually visualise that. after all we still think he's your love child.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Kernowgull wrote:Cannot believe I'm saying this, but surely Tonge, Downes and Chappell must come off the transfer list now, and Cruise offered a contract through til January at least.

I still think there is room for Levi Ives. The problem if he's selected he would be missing because of international duty and could be disrupting :keepie: