Chester v Torquay United – Tuesday 9th September 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

F-T good away win unbeaten in seven.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Ft Chester 0-2 Torquay - 5th in table only above kiddi due to goal difference 4 points off Halifax at the top

Didn't post for last part of match as the forum wouldn't load.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Yay sites back anyway good win climbing up the table considering we were 14th Saturday morning. Conced two goals in 7 games. Unbeaten in 7 on to Saturday coyy!!!
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Phew, thought the forum had gone again and lost all ethans great work. Excellent result. I'm really enjoying being a Gull at the moment. Whether we're good enough to maintain it, who knows, but just to be able to look forward to match days thinking we've got a chance is great!!

Well done all, can't wait for Forest Green away, my next match!!
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Can't make it to many away matches with being my age and the cost of it.
Go to all home and then forest green away hopefully
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

ethantufcbaker wrote:wingers down we to track bCk tonight
more suns for chester
What T F ? :-/

It appears Ethan's suffering from fatigue, from RPS (repetitive post syndrome).

:clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Trojan 67 wrote: What T F ? :-/

It appears Ethan's suffering from fatigue, from RPS (repetitive post syndrome).

:clap:
Ahahah sorry I was typing on iphone at that point and the site was slow so couldn't edit. Meant to say the wingers are tracking back well tonight :Oops:
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

A very one sided game tonight, similar to Saturdays match with Nuneaton.

We should have been a couple of goals up in the first 5 minutes and they made us wait for that first goal but when it came, the result never looked in doubt. Richards and Young in the middle absolutely bossed the game and with Chapell and Ajala tormenting the opposition full backs, Chester looked like dead certs for the bottom 3.

The ground is terrible, souless and lacking in atmosphere. At least parking was easy :)

Back in the hotel now (thanks work) and looking forward to Telford away on the 27th.

MOM was Richards but could have been Young. We have a superb midfield..........so much better than last season.

Decent turnout by the Yellow Army, probably around a 100 in attendance.

Best moment of the night? Probably Ryan Bowman "favouriting" my post match tweet........life is good

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Thanks for all your updates Ethan. I thought you were getting steadily pissed. !!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

An excellent result from the boys tonight. Last season we would have struggled to win a game like that. Well done to all.

Ethantufcbaker deserves our forum MOM award tonight for the constant updates on here :bow:

As for the ref, WTF was he doing tonight. It sounded from the commo that the the only thing he's good at is converting oxygen into carbon dioxide. An utter disgrace. :red:
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Allegedly there was a bust up in the tunnel afterwards with Macdonald spitting in a Chester player's face, whether it's true or not I have no idea.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by ethantufcbaker »

No but I was getting steadily annyoyed with typing on a screen again as I my keyboard on my laptop is a MacBook style and is easy to type on.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Oil Beef Hooked wrote:An excellent result from the boys tonight. Last season we would have struggled to win a game like that. Well done to all.

Ethantufcbaker deserves our forum MOM award tonight for the constant updates on here :bow:

As for the ref, WTF was he doing tonight. It sounded from the commo that the the only thing he's good at is converting oxygen into carbon dioxide. An utter disgrace. :red:
Thanks for the praise I'll happily do it at any game I'm not at. As at home games I would rather be watching than waiting for 3G signal.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

OllieGull wrote:Allegedly there was a bust up in the tunnel afterwards with Macdonald spitting in a Chester player's face, whether it's true or not I have no idea.
I'd be surprised as McDonald was hugging and laughing with somebody in the away section on the far side of the ground from the tunnel. The players stayed out for a while to take the acclaim from the fans and slowly ambled off the pitch. If anything kicked off, the Chester players must have hung around for a while.

Their entire game plan seemed to be to rough up the Torquay players and they were lucky to finish with a full team on the pitch.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

The commos alluded to bad feeling betweeon both sets of players around half time and through the second half. As they went off at the end it seemed as if It all kicked off again. hope nothing really nad happened.as a report from that ref may make things awkward for us. the last thing we need is a ban on any player for stupid things like this. it does matter that the ref is crap (sounds like he should have stayed home in bed) he aint gonna change his mind for any players protest. But to get incolved with the other side is no good. we have to show more discipline or it could derail our season.
That said. great win away. up to 5th inside playoffs. now we need to stay there.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843