Lincoln City v Torquay United - Conference - 29 August 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I think the highlights will be on YouTube on Thursday. Not sure why, but I remember reading that somewhere.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Having watched the highlights I think its harsh to say O Achie's goals were scrappy. The first looks a good and difficult finish. The second was arguably lucky as he caught it as he fell, but you could argue he deftly flicked it past the keeper.

No doubting Richards goal, lovely move and strike.

Also, if thats not a clear red card, nothing is. Its far more clear cut than the photo produced suggested, and its not aiming for his face and reactionary, its an intentional block of the ball to deny a very clear goal scoring opportunity!!
DonnyGull50
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by DonnyGull50 »

taxilady wrote:Did anyone see AustrianAndy ? He said in an earlier post that he's try to get to this one. I've looked at photos of supporters on another site,but I can't see him there.
Austrian Andy wasn't at the game - which site did you see photos on, by the way? Would be interested to see them. :scarf:
DonnyGull50
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by DonnyGull50 »

Fully agree with tommyg excellent match report. The sending off was fully justified - player handled deliberately and denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity, so the right outcome.
O'chie was a right handful all game and very strong, held the ball up well.
Richards tireless and chased everything.
Cameron - ran them ragged.
Cruise - for all the criticism he seems to get, he dealt with everything thrown at him and had a decent game.

The last time I watched the Gulls at Lincoln a few years ago, they wound up a proper Air Raid siren at the beginning of each half and at free kicks near goal - they now play it over the tannoy prior to the arrival of the teams in each half.

Lincoln had a dedicated area for supporters wishing to sing, plus two drummers - this generated a good atmosphere and they kept going all game - so well done to them, even when their team were losing.

The singing of The Yellow Army was a bit sparce and a few of the usual singers / faces missing - there were only a few verses of 'Yellow Army' - Only one 'Give us a T. O. R. Q. U. A. Y' and didn't hear any 'Come on you Yellows' at corners / free kicks.

All in all a good performance from the Gulls and well done to the 135 Yellow Army who attended. :scarf: