Torquay United v Aldershot Town – Monday 25th August 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This place is magnificent. We spend months whinging about our full backs. We watch our left back get given the run around by such footballing luminaries as Southport and Dartford. When the manager chops him in for a kid who, at 17, is already a country mile ahead of the man about whom we complained so vociferously, what do we do? That's right, we complain about his changing the defence.

Ives, who is NOT banned for Saturday (sorry Hector, there I go again, pretending I know more than I do), is an automatic pick because he is the best left back at the club.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Just seen the highlights - no foul for me on Ives. The goal sort of highlighted why we still need our best (and quickest) centre half in the team though.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes, really, no foul. The Aldershot player is 3-4 paces goal side of Ives, yes he does step across into Levi's path, but all the Shots player does then is use his strength to hold Levi off which he's entitled to do, that's absolutely "no" different to what you see from any defender when shielding a ball out for a goal kick, Levi has to be stronger, that's not castigating him BTW, he's young and will learn.

As for shirt pulling already said it on another post, Richards was endlessly pulling Aldershot players shirts in our box ( penalty ??) every match you see it, if we want to bring in the shirt pulling police into football, prepare for 10 penalties 50 free kicks and 15 minutes time added on every single game played worldwide.

Us gulls fans need to ask ourselves questions, had the boot been on the other foot and we had scored that goal, what would our response be if the other side complained about the goal. Yep, we'd have all said, our player used his strength, so we can drop the hypocrisy while we're at it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

It's not only shirt pulling is it? It's no holds barred wrestling to the ground. It's dam simple to stop. The Referee Association/FA/FIFA etc make it plain and simple and come down hard with a directive : shirt pulling/wrestling will not be tolerated. First offence yellow card. Second offence second yellow card. Prevention of a clear through scoring opportunity by shirtpull/wrestle - straight red card.

I pull yer plonker not, it IS as simple as that to sort out. Whether the limp dick numb nuts who run the game will do anything, well you know they wont, they're too busy taking World Cup backhanders and by stealth introducing Premier reserve leagues/divisions to compete at Championship level.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

There's a big difference to a cheeky little shirt pull, and ripping the shirt of someone's back, you see little tugs on shirt all the time, plenty of Torquay players do it as well.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote: Ives, who is NOT banned for Saturday (sorry Hector, there I go again, pretending I know more than I do), is an automatic pick because he is the best left back at the club. Matt.
Ah, there you are, Matt. According to Dave Thomas in today's H.E. Levi is ineligible for the Lincoln game because of his sending off (two yellow cards) in a recent Youth match. Dave T. is usually correct ..... but not always !
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

tomogull wrote: Ah, there you are, Matt. According to Dave Thomas in today's H.E. Levi is ineligible for the Lincoln game because of his sending off (two yellow cards) in a recent Youth match. Dave T. is usually correct ..... but not always !
Updated tomo he can play

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

tomogull wrote: Ah, there you are, Matt. According to Dave Thomas in today's H.E. Levi is ineligible for the Lincoln game because of his sending off (two yellow cards) in a recent Youth match. Dave T. is usually correct ..... but not always !
He's wrong on this occasion.

From http://nav.thefa.com/sitecore/content/T ... 2493E9199B

Torquay United FC Ryan Bowman: Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 3 first team matches for a Sending Off in a match played on 16/08/2014.
Torquay United FC Jack Mace: Suspended from non-first team football until the Club have completed 3 applicable non-first team matches for a Sending Off in a match played on 10/08/2013.
Torquay United FC Mickey Parcell: Suspended from non-first team football until the Club have completed 1 applicable non-first team match for a Sending Off in a match played on 22/02/2014.
Torquay United FC Jack Mace: Suspended from non-first team football until the Club have completed 2 applicable non-first team matches for a Sending Off in a match played on 10/12/2013.
Torquay United FC Levi Ives: Suspended from non-first team football until the Club have completed 1 applicable non-first team match for a Sending Off in a match played on 12/08/2014.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Thanks for the update P/Roar & Scott. And obviously I bow to Matt's knowledge being superior to that of Dave Thomas of the Herald Depress !! :bow: