Torquay United vs Hereford United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Did the co commentator really say PB needs to go?

I am just asking this, not a statement from me. Thought I heard him say he's taken us as far as he can.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Southampton Gull wrote:

Of the four that arrived before yesterday, one proved worthwhile. That's not a good ratio.

You said that, I didn't put words in your mouth, your point was quite clearly made and answered.
Yes the point was clearly made - signing loanee's is always the answer as the commitment isn't always there.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Would you say Wroe played like he was committed this season? I sure as hell wouldn't.

The only point here that needs enforcing is that Buckle has no choice but to utilise the loan market other than trawl the non-league scene for players, and in doing that he has competition from everyone. Loanees are easier to find, probably less of a gamble but I'll take a 50% success rate. I think he does as well as can be expected at a club with the problems we have right now, and I've never been his biggest fan either.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

just got back and all i can say is what a bloody disgrace its now time for Buckle to go, he spent the entire evening on the bench not once did he get up and direct the abortion taking place on the field.Right off for some cocoa and bed.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Fonda wrote: There is no doubt the performance on Saturday, and the frustration felt at the subsequent draw and losing our top scorer will have had an effect this evening. People are only human, and the disappointment is understandable. There wasn't much to inspire confidence or excitement this evening - as it proved.
So what is the answer then?? We want Bucks to bring players in, and keep the ones we have, yet we want him to do it with the money that clearly grows on trees!!

As said, fans that were able to go tonight (for example, this could be any given game in the last few months), but chose to stay at home in some sort of protest after Saturday (again for example, fans have been staying away for a while now) can then not really expect Buckle to pull a rabbit out of the hat when we have no steady stream of income coming into the club.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

First time he's not gone on the pitch towards the fans either.

Wondered off towards the changing room a bit like rosenior did on THAT evening
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

yellowmonkey wrote:just got back and all i can say is what a bloody disgrace its now time for Buckle to go, he spent the entire evening on the bench not once did he get up and direct the abortion taking place on the field.Right off for some cocoa and bed.

Now is NOT the time to be losing our Manager. How could anyone else improve on our situation?
Dave

royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:First time he's not gone on the pitch towards the fans either.

Wondered off towards the changing room a bit like rosenior did on THAT evening
I imagine he wasn't best pleased.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

scottbrehaut wrote: So what is the answer then?? We want Bucks to bring players in, and keep the ones we have, yet we want him to do it with the money that clearly grows on trees!!

As said, fans that were able to go tonight (for example, this could be any given game in the last few months), but chose to stay at home in some sort of protest after Saturday (again for example, fans have been staying away for a while now) can then not really expect Buckle to pull a rabbit out of the hat when we have no steady stream of income coming into the club.
There is no answer. We have a lot of home games in a short space of time. Not many, other than season ticket holders will be able to afford to go to all of those - regardless of how local they are. After the weekend, it's perhaps understandable some decided tonight was one of those they'd give a miss.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

But how can you play the same formation which isn't working game after game and still not get the message, maybe he has been here too long and thinks he is bullet proof. The proof is in the table of results which has us slipping week after week.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well the writing has been on the wall and this result was really no suprise after Saturdays crushing defeat.
One look at our subs bench tonight and that told its own story. The cupboard is bare. With all due respect to the two loanees, taking Benyon,Wroe and Zebroski out of the team has torn us to pieces.
Plus points - well we have Zebroski to returm and he is still a big player for us.
Negatives? - far too many to mention.
I am certainly not going to blame Buckle - at some stage we have to have to some backing from our board of directors. Selling our best players for sod all is one thing, but replacing them with a team full of loan players is just asking for trouble.
Much like last year we are now in a position where one or two injuries to key players will probably see us relegated, such is our lack of strength in depth.
Its desperation time
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

All teams have bad runs (ooer!) it's the lack of passion that annoys me.

Any job you have to work to the best of your ability and effort (council workers this does not apply to you) and it just doesn't seem to be happening at TQ1 at the moment.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Fonda wrote:
There is no answer. We have a lot of home games in a short space of time. Not many, other than season ticket holders will be able to afford to go to all of those - regardless of how local they are. After the weekend, it's perhaps understandable some decided tonight was one of those they'd give a miss.
Or maybe some were sulking about the fact their favourite player had just been sold..... ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

brucie wrote:Well the writing has been on the wall and this result was really no suprise after Saturdays crushing defeat.
One look at our subs bench tonight and that told its own story. The cupboard is bare. With all due respect to the two loanees, taking Benyon,Wroe and Zebroski out of the team has torn us to pieces.
Plus points - well we have Zebroski to returm and he is still a big player for us.
Negatives? - far too many to mention.
I am certainly not going to blame Buckle - at some stage we have to have to some backing from our board of directors. Selling our best players for sod all is one thing, but replacing them with a team full of loan players is just asking for trouble.
Much like last year we are now in a position where one or two injuries to key players will probably see us relegated, such is our lack of strength in depth.
Its desperation time

Agree with all of that, but we really aren't in a position to do anything else.
Dave

royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I agree with most of the above brucie. But we won't be near relegation, we've got 3 games in hand of the bottom 2 and are 8 points clear of them.

The bench tonight is just a disaster waiting to happen, i made the point earlier once it went 2-1 it was pretty much game over because we couldn't change anything.

We can sign free agents as well, so lets keep an eye on it in the coming days/weeks.

The next 2 games are massive, we desperately need a result to shake the last 2 results off. Confidence must be shot at the minute.