Torquay United vs Hereford United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:Before anyone blames Buckle for supposedly looking disinterested tonight they should wait until some news makes the public domain before judging him.

Sounds worrying. Anything further come out about this yet?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

didn't make it down last night, living in london makes midweek home games near enough impossible to get to for me, but by the sounds of things, it was a good game to miss. saturday's journey home seemed to take forever - last night would've been even more painful.

after saturday's disappointment, it was always going to be interesting to see what torquay team turned up last night, and with the 2 new boys straight in, had hoped it would create a bit of a spark, and after 10mins it looked like that might be the case, but by all accounts, we needed the ref to blow for full time on about 12mins.

despite the great league start, and the FA cup run, i think the manager needs to have a reality check - we're not having a "great season", we're now just 8 points above relegation, and 21 off the top. ok, there's games in hand, but given performances in last two games and our in-built ability to throw points away in the last 10mins, i'd rather have points in the bag.

last season we needed a monumental effort and incredible run of performances and results to stay up, and if we don't take 6 points from stockport and barnet, we're gonna be right back in the muck.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote:Before anyone blames Buckle for supposedly looking disinterested tonight they should wait until some news makes the public domain before judging him.
Spot on again Dave.

For a man who (whilst he may not get everything right) prides himself in his professional appraoach to the game ... the events of last night must have been a real body blow to him.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

CP Gull wrote: Spot on again Dave.

For a man who (whilst he may not get everything right) prides himself in his professional appraoach to the game ... the events of last night must have been a real body blow to him.

I was just a bit disturbed to see people questioning his attitude last night when I knew what the cause was.

You really have to feel for the guy, let down by his players, costing him the chance to pit his wits against the best in the business at Old Trafford, let down by the Board over the finances made available after selling two first team regulars and then to top it off he gets told 15 minutes into last nights match that the Club Secretary fecked up. I hope he comes back with a fighting mentality and instills it into the players now at his disposal.

Calls for his head are a bit unfair when you realise the full picture.

So, for a young fan who doesn't even know how long Buckle has been in the game to start a thread calling for his dismissal is just plain wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Don't even get me started on the Board, I'm fed up of hearing what nice people they are and how without them we'd be in the s**t, if they don't have the balls for a fight then they should stand down instead of sitting in those comfy seats thinking they're not to blame. Get rid of our uselsss chairman and put in somebody with some backbone, he clearly doesn't have one. Before anyone says I'm being unfair, do some bloody research.

Annoyed of Southampton.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

After recent events, then yes changes do need to be made in the boardroom. I don't see how a club like ours has many options. I'm very disappointed with these revelations and I hope Buckle sticks with us.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SG certainly knows how to keep info from the undeserving until it is in the pubic domain.

I am really glad I hit the preview button first, as it should read PUBLIC, not pubic.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Just to get this back on thread, does anyone else think that we have been just a bit too lightweight in the last few matches? It seems that the opposition can bump us off the ball far too easily and realise it right from the start.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

That kind of thing happens to teams with young skillful players mate. Look at Arsenal, what we needed was toughening up and I think Bucks has started to move in that direction with the two loanees, with the other targets being looked at the theme is the same. If only his budget hadn't been so severely cut I'm sure we would have had a very different physicality to our team right now, but as we all know, it wasn't to be.
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Fletch wrote:Just to get this back on thread, does anyone else think that we have been just a bit too lightweight in the last few matches? It seems that the opposition can bump us off the ball far too easily and realise it right from the start.
Too lightweight in critical positions that is for sure. Upfront being one area.

Against Crawley it was not the game to start Danny Stevens. IMO he offers nothing other than as a 20 minute sub running at tired defences. He went missing in the the second half against Hereford.

Paul Buckle gets the best out of what he's got. Unfortunately the players we have are unable to perform to their best in every consecutive game.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Lightweight ?? We had a team of midgets out there last night compared to the giants of Hereford ! The centre backs and the guy up front just muscled our guys out of the way. Our only serious big fella is Guy !
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Dutchgull wrote:Lightweight ?? We had a team of midgets out there last night
:red: :)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

HRG wrote: :red: :)
An elegant lady of small stature is referred to as petite. :bow:

A short arse Vicky Pollard type chav is a midget.

I hope this brings clarity your Royal Gingerness, :bow:
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Well I certainly ain't no chav. Burberry clashes with my hair.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Dutchgull wrote: Our only serious big fella is Guy !
I dare you to call Scott Bevan a midget to his face.....if you can get that high up... :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I told my daughter Bevan was a giant.