Torquay United vs Hereford United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

brucie wrote:at some stage we have to have to some backing from our board of directors.
Out of interest, what would you like the Board to do?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Probably get off their arses and support the manager for starters. Have not heard one word of apology from Master Baker and his merry crew who could not get 2000 supporters into the ground on saturday - a complete and utter feckin shambles. It was so embarassing it was untrue.
Benyon wasn't even Swindons first choice. They had agreed a fee with Argyle for Mason yesterday afternoon but the player turned them down. No doubt benyon was then hawked off to Swindon for a cut priced fee - and this after Baker clearly stated on the radio last week that Buckle did not have to sell any players in the transfer window,
Liar springs to mind.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Oh my gosh. That was like a blast from the past. And not the good past either. It was as bad a performance as we gave out when R*berts had control of the club. No real passion, lack of confidence, belief, manager sat on his arse on the dugout, no one game changing enough to bring on. I'll admit, they weren't anything special. All 3 goals were diabolical from our back four, who were the worst I've ever seen them lot play together. No one stood out, except Kee & Robinson. Robinson, very impressive, Kee held the ball up alright, but when will we learn that pumping the ball forward to two small strikers won't work?

It isn't **** rocket science to see that, and I'll admit to having a slight fear of sliding right down into trouble if we don't pick up soon. We've won 2 league games in 10 or something silly, which isn't good form at all.That really was a truly horrific performance, summed up by Billy Kees open goal miss.

Worried fan here tonight.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

I have to say having just come back fromt he game that Robinson looks like he will be a good signing, has plenty of movement and plays the offside trap very well. unfortunatly Stanley especially in the second half looked pretty poor, he had energy but lacked any real idea what to do with it. Not sure what they had in the tea, but Ellis drunk more than most - that has to be the worst I have ever seen him play. Was some of the worst football I have seen at plainmoor for 3/4 years. I have a season ticket, and I will be seeing if i can give it to someone else to use on saturday. the idea of having to sit through another game like that currently is too much to handle.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I was under the impression that Swindon had always wanted to buy Benyon anyway??
Buckle probably didn't have to sell any players during the transfer window, but then he wouldn't have had the ability to bring any players in either.
In fact Bucks himself had said that there wouldn't be any players coming or going a few weeks back so he himself was probably hoping to stick with the status quo.
I think that the money we got for Benners, provided we got a sell on clause, is a fair price.

I do think the Board messed up with the ticketing arrangements for the game on Saturday however.

STIP
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote:Probably get off their arses and support the manager for starters. Have not heard one word of apology from Master Baker and his merry crew who could not get 2000 supporters into the ground on saturday - a complete and utter feckin shambles. It was so embarassing it was untrue.
Benyon wasn't even Swindons first choice. They had agreed a fee with Argyle for Mason yesterday afternoon but the player turned them down. No doubt benyon was then hawked off to Swindon for a cut priced fee - and this after Baker clearly stated on the radio last week that Buckle did not have to sell any players in the transfer window,
Liar springs to mind.

Brucie, stop making sense, whatever next ;-)

Baker is a puppet, we need a Chairman who can unite the Board and get them all rolling in the same direction.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

At one point tonight, I thought I got confused with Plainmoor and Windmill Hill - the quality truly was park football standard.

1600 there tonight, very poor - funny where those 2500 extra went from Saturday. Another sub 2000 attendance this saturday I think though.
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Simply disgraceful! Do not blame Buckle but DO blame the players and the board.We are going backwards and thost that lead the club are failing to prevent our demise. If here are any players who do not fancy it - then the answer is simply - get out of our club!!!! Would rather play the youngsters who wil at least give 100%
Would be nice to hear from the board on theirdeas for supporting the manager. More loan players I fear.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Before anyone blames Buckle for supposedly looking disinterested tonight they should wait until some news makes the public domain before judging him.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Obviously you were there plymouthgull i had to make do with Gullsplayer but 1 thing I've never really questioned from our lads is effort. The thing i question with a fair few of them is quality.

From the sounds of tonight some clueless thinking from our lads at the back not just with the goals but their continual hoofing of it, if Ellis wants to play at a higher level he's got to stop this. You have to just accpet that's what Branston does.

Full backs have to be able to get up and support, Nicho does with the dead ball stuff and is good enough to put crosses in and support, Robertson isn't, our wingers have to be better. Stevens should not be a regular in this league for anyone, squad player at best and we need another centre forward to give us some presence.

Robinson sounded very lively and took his goal well that's a positive, but other than that it's been a pretty desperate night.

Bucks will know not only was it not good enough but no one will be more frustrated than him with the game drifting away only for him to look at his bench and he literally has no attacking options there. Certainly not ones better than whats out there.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well, I will start the ball rolling as to why I wasn't there, but then I think that is fairly obvious. Only another 2499 to say why they weren't then....!!

STIP
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

i live too far away to go to every game. I was at Crewe and Gills but not Crawley.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

royalgull wrote:i live too far away to go to every game. I was at Crewe and Gills but not Crawley.
I was just messing around - I am guessing many that were at the Crawley game were exiles that came for the day.

STIP
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

i dont know if any of this has been said, i just got in and i dont want to read every page.

the game tonight - we played so deep and so narrow that we just invited pressure on our clearly already shaky back four. ellis had a nightmare and stevens and o'kane drifted inside too often. no width at all.

positives (i like to think im an optimist) - jake robinsons finish for the goal. great run and excellent composure for the finish. he was also really close minutes later but for a great save from the hereford keeper. billy kee was industrious and probably should have knocked the ball into that gaping net late on although by that time it was pretty much all over. but i thought he worked really hard and cant have too much to be disappointed with aside from that one moment. elsewhere stanley faded quite quickly but looked a bit tougher than wroe, id still like to think we can get more from him as he played the ball quite well along the ground for the first few minutes when we were on top.

i dont think we missed either of our recent departures tonight, but i do think we needed something like a fit wayne carlisle, someone to give wide options and whip some crosses in. this has to go down as 3 points dropped.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

i was not there, because after saturdays performance, i cant really bare watching torquay play rubbish football, where has the days of unbreakable defence? the days of looking up not down? i think after tonights performance we are in for a bumpy ride for the rest of the season. :rofl: