Torquay United vs Hereford United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
citizengull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by citizengull »

This is what being a Torquay supporter is all about, its never a dull moment. Since i have been supporting them starting in 1989 (league cup 1st leg Reading at home lost 1-0) its been a battle for promotion or a scrap to get out of relagation and in this time 5 trips to Wembley.
Not sure really the point of this is i dont know anything about the finances of the club from the dark days of the eighties through the happier times of the nineties to the struggles of now but from how i see it Torquay as a football club has never been in a position to spend lots on players so attracting better players is always gonna be a problem. So to my point- fact were in the football league we could be struggling in the conference with smaller gates and even less money. To my other point what more do people want we still have a club and a club to be proud of we may not have the money of chelsea or the success (sum would be nice :) ) but at Torquay i see us as a family, supporters that keep believing that one day good things will come and they do now and again but this is why our success is always short, money rules the game at all levels our level is no different to any other but it wont stop us no matter if we stay up or go down i know i and many others will still go to games when we can why because were Torquay United its built in to BELIEVE

Right back down to the pub.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I had intended to criticise the manager and team for a spineless performance last night but I can now see the reason - the registration farce.

It would account for why the second half started badly and got steadily worse - the players are only human and they must have questioned what was the point of trying to win the game.

In a way I am pleased that there is an explanation because otherwise I would be worried that we were already facing a relegation battle. Instead I see a resurgence if the Club rallies everyone around and learns the Evans/Raynor approach - no one loves us, we don't care, sod 'em, we'll do it our way and we'' show them!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

I do apologise how could I forget Scott Bevan !! And no I would not be able to call him a midget to his face ! I am only about 5' 8 !!

Our outfield players like Danny and Eunan are what I was getting at.