FA Cup 4th Round - Torquay United vs Crawley Town

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Dare i suggest that the more 'bites' he gets, the longer he'll stay?

Ignore him, he'll get bored and go away. Or stay here talking to himself which would be a bit embarassing for the lad.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
popsider
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee

Post by popsider »

Fonda wrote:Dare i suggest that the more 'bites' he gets, the longer he'll stay?

Ignore him, he'll get bored and go away. Or stay here talking to himself which would be a bit embarassing for the lad.
This is true, having been to Crawley, I know theres not a great deal to do in the area, Could go and planespot at Gatwick, but that's about all.
Torquay United. Today, Tomorrow, forever.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz SLC.

See you next season, now bore off
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fonda is right,SLC is nothing more than a wum,who will not go away untill you ignore it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Eastleigh_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: guy branston

Post by Eastleigh_Gull »

popsider wrote: This is true, having been to Crawley, I know theres not a great deal to do in the area, Could go and planespot at Gatwick, but that's about all.
I believe that crawley is a... "Bus stop at gatwick"??? :)
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Speculating about who we could get in the fifth round (had we won) does not make us arrogant, every fan of every small club is allowed to dream, you know. It's not as if it was an unwinnable game, or at least it wouldn't have been with a little more decency from the opposition and, more importantly, a lot of effort from our own team. We weren't good enough on the day. It's crap but the club has to kick itself up the arse, dust itself down and get on with it.
The decent Crawley fans, who have probably supported the club for years dislike their management and have been reasonably graceful about their win, albeit a little defensive on the cheating issue. Who wouldn't defend their club? However this guy appears to be a different breed, probably only supporting the club because of the money they've come into so I wouldn't take anything he says seriously, he's in the same ilk as Evans, arrogant and looking for a reaction.
Anyway that's me done with SLC, best not to encourage him. It's a bit like dealing with my five year old, ignore the bad and reward the good. So if he has anything constructive to add then great but otherwise a wall of silence is best.
Can't wait to go through all this again next season :)
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

HRG wrote:Speculating about who we could get in the fifth round (had we won) does not make us arrogant, every fan of every small club is allowed to dream, you know. It's not as if it was an unwinnable game, or at least it wouldn't have been with a little more decency from the opposition and, more importantly, a lot of effort from our own team. We weren't good enough on the day. It's crap but the club has to kick itself up the arse, dust itself down and get on with it.
The decent Crawley fans, who have probably supported the club for years dislike their management and have been reasonably graceful about their win, albeit a little defensive on the cheating issue. Who wouldn't defend their club? However this guy appears to be a different breed, probably only supporting the club because of the money they've come into so I wouldn't take anything he says seriously, he's in the same ilk as Evans, arrogant and looking for a reaction.
Anyway that's me done with SLC, best not to encourage him. It's a bit like dealing with my five year old, ignore the bad and reward the good. So if he has anything constructive to add then great but otherwise a wall of silence is best.
Can't wait to go through all this again next season :)
Jesus, you guys really can't take a bit of innocent gloating, can you.

The cheating issue is a poor foil for the fact you were awful on the day, and we were very good. I've seen Torquay plenty of times over the years and that was the most spineless display of the lot.

Excuse the gloat, if it offends you. I've been supporting the club 25 years and for someone who has seen us plumb performance depths not even Zebroski could imagine, it was a special weekend.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

If that's you lot playing "Very good" football, you're **** ed next season. You were the worst team I have seen at Plainmoor this season (not yet missed a match) by some considerable margin.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Oh ok I'll grace you with a reply.
Read the post properly, not just what you want to see I state that not being good enough was the main reason for our loss.
Also the smiley at the end indicates a laid back kind of attitude, not offended in the slightest, what is done is done.
Maybe you need to relax :)
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Evans was on BBC south today. Reckons they are the only team in the BSP or league 2 that has a chance of beating Man U. He is damn right, because cheating will be the only way to beat Man U and they are the best at that.
TUST MEMBER
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Neal wrote:Evans was on BBC south today. Reckons they are the only team in the BSP or league 2 that has a chance of beating Man U. He is damn right, because cheating will be the only way to beat Man U and they are the best at that.
I did have a chuckle at that, the man's an arse :lol:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Since I've been in the USA, I've picked up a few local words, and one of them seems particularly appropriate for Evans.

The man is a douchebag
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

SLC Crawley wrote: Jesus, you guys really can't take a bit of innocent gloating, can you.

The cheating issue is a poor foil for the fact you were awful on the day, and we were very good. I've seen Torquay plenty of times over the years and that was the most spineless display of the lot.

Excuse the gloat, if it offends you. I've been supporting the club 25 years and for someone who has seen us plumb performance depths not even Zebroski could imagine, it was a special weekend.
Ok, cheating aside (and there was a lot!!), and putting to one side the fact that we were sh*t, I find it utterly laughable that you think you were "very good". Honestly?? You scored with one of your only shots on target in the game and missed two penalties (ok that's unfair on Bevs), but good teams don't fluff up two penalties, and for the last quarter of a hour you hardly had a sniff of the ball.
We lost because of our manager f**ked up the tactics on the day, and left the team floundering for 50 odd minutes before trying to change things around - by then the damage was done anyway.

Many congrats to you, and those fans that have supported the club "when you were shite", I really don't have a problem with any of you - I met some Crawley fans in the pub before the match and we both wished each other luck etc. My problem is with Evans and Raynor - that's why defeat is so bitter to swallow this time around (well that and the fact you drew Man Ure!)

On a seperate issue - the club giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other. Lets make it a yellow day they said. Lets make some noise they said - before threatening to throw a load of us out of the pub before the game for trying to get some atmosphere going with the drum.
Seriously - we were doing nothing wrong, and everybody around us was laughing away (including the crawley fans next to us), so why did the bar staff decide to tell us to stop??!! Totally unnecessary in my opinion....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mrs Hitler is alive and well and working in Boots and Laces.

Stupid cow !!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

Just listened to Bevan on 5 Live, admitting they played crap and were bullied out of the game.