Morecambe vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

What a Duff(y) way to lose a game. :evil:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We took off a striker and went back to 451 just after scoring. I wasn't there so can't say for sure but apart from Nico's free-kick we didn't have the same level of chances in the last ten minutes that we had before that.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

robc wrote:Gulliball, to be fair it actually sounds like the exact opposite, we were pushing for the second goal and they scored on the break, to make it 1-1.
just like oxford then.

lets face it, we cant defend when we are attacking!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

cousin at game reckons duffy dived to win second pen, hes livid and a hell of a long way from home too!!
still keeping the faith
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

DEVASTATED, cannot believe it
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Did anyone catch Bucks' post match comments?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Not been on yet. Should be in the next five minutes. Just waiting for the excuses.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Buckle on Radio Devon NOW
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What excuses? We dominated the match for the vast majority and got suckered by two penalties. Nice to see you back posting after a loss. As the song almost goes, where were you when we were good?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

He hasn't turned the page yet Matt.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Buckle interview : it didn't sound like excuses to me, it sounded like disappointment masking controlled anger.

Edit 1 : match report on official site, but no Buckle comments as yet.

Edit 2 : Buckle "The players must learn and I must learn from this. We must stand up in the box and not dive in."

My comment from listening to the match, is we must take our chances when the opportunities arrive and give no hope to the oppositition of getting back in the game.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Bollocks! Just typed a bigish reply and it went missing.

Only caught the second half of the interview, but it sounded fair to me. We were the better side, their keeper was MOTM (as was Crewe's), we have yet to get dominated in a match and win.

Foe me, today and Crewe highlighted our desperate need for a finisher. Benyon is all well and good, but he does miss an awful lot of chances. We need someone who gets two chances a match and gets 2 goals, not a guy who gets 10 chances a match and gets one goal if he's lucky.
We are without doubt one of the top two or three sides in L2 in terms of build up play. The likes of O'Kane and Zebs, Hemmings and Stevens with their pace, Manse just keeps getting better, Nico is more winger than defender these days, Ellis plays a nice ball at least one time in two. Our only two genuinely agricultural players are Robbo and Pickles.
Evidence of this is the lack of impact made by Gritts. We don't play the type of football which needs a slow moving fat man who can head a bit.

No, I haven't a clue what the name of this finisher is, but, I have said it before and I will say it again, we could do considerably worse than Mathieu Manset from Hereford. He got another goal today, which makes it 7 goals in 8 games. The backheel against us, regardless of what came before it, was exactly the kind of thing we need. I can't help but feel Benners may have tried to turn and shoot in an identical circumstance, probably losing the chance in the process.

Matt.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Matt, do any long posts on WORD first, then copy and paste.

I've lost a few aswell. :evil:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Can't help think that Evans will have loved this result, we are going to have to be so careful not only in the box but around it. We will only have to breath on any Crawley player and down he goes anywhere ourside of the half way line
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh Trojan, mate, I know this only too well. Fat fingers here has lost 2000 word MyFace messages by not doing such a thing. My trouble is, I only ever intend to make short, usually amusing replies and I get sucked (much against my will) into genuine, grown up discussion, which inevitably involves longer posts.

See, I've done it again, I only meant to type "HA, lost your marbles more like" :)

Matt.