FA Cup Round 3: Torquay United vs Carlisle United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Well looking at the results from the other matches and our luck of the draw I imagine we'll be looking forward to a trip to Leyton Orient in round 4.

Great result, well played lads!
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

just got in, great result,great day,great performance from what i heard and read,what a difference a week makes, not many whinging 2day on here or doubting the boys and bucks,joking aside must of been a typical cup tie,most of all though guys more cash in the pot,in the hat for next round, and heres hoping we keep the squad and manager together for rest of season,a great day for us ejoy it and the rest of the season GULL FOREVER... simon :bow: :clap: :scarf:
avfctufc
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Elliot Benyon

Post by avfctufc »

yellowsmiffy wrote: Ahh yeah how much do we get for this round? £32,000??

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompeti ... nd20082009

£67,500 for winning today!!!

But then extra gate money on top. I reckon the cup for for Torquay has got them a fair amount of cash in the kitty.

Round 1 £18,000
Round 2 £27,000
Round 3 £67,500

= £102,500 ... + whatever the gate was

A big away tie now would be wonderful...but I won't be disappointed if we face another side of Carlisle's level at home - win in the 4th round and its £90,000 in the bank :scarf:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

No the prize money for today Was £67,500. don't know how much we could get if we got through the next round.Flippen eck we would have to use some of it to provide cushions for the clouds we would be riding on.. prize money aside. if we get a really good draw it could be worth £250,000 or more depending on who we get. if a bad draw then £75,000 and thats only a share of the gate reciepts.
I say Bring on Manu and do what that lot up the road did. only better!!!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

What was the attendance today? Do we have to split it with Carlisle?
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

YES!

Fantastic performance from Torquay today. Enjoyed every minute of it.

Whole team were exceptional, but special mention has to go to the back 4 who looked back to their very best. Branston and Ellis were immense, neither of them put a foot wrong all game. Eunan was brilliant too. What a game.

Don't care who we get in the next round, just ecstatic to even be there.

COYY
avfctufc
New Signing
New Signing

Post by avfctufc »

westbaygull wrote:What was the attendance today? Do we have to split it with Carlisle?
According to sky sports score centre the attendance was 3005. I wouldn't have thought it was a 50/50 take on the gate money ? hopefully it was just on what each club sold as I can't imagine that many Carlisle fans travelled all that way.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Best atmosphere I've heard at Plainmoor for years, I think.

Absolutely fantastic.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

NickGull wrote:Best atmosphere I've heard at Plainmoor for years, I think.

Absolutely fantastic.
sounded great on the radio nick! :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Wow that was a great game. Branston was a rock at centre half and Ellis improved as the game went on. Bevan as well was solid and so were both Robbo and Nico. Wroe started off well then gradually lost it a bit but Mansell kept going strong the whole game. Both Zebroski and Stevens were very good, especially Stevens, who had the beating of whoever he was running at. O'Kane was very good as well, he was playing balls to just about everywhere on the pitch and everytime he did they were inch perfect. Also I can see he's improved a lot since last season, although he's no Branston ;-) he's much stronger than when he first joined, not only was he beating their full backs with ability and pace, he held them off very well. Benyon did a lot of running up front, but missed some good chances.

Great game, but it was one of those games where we should have won by more. The only thing they could do was hoof it up to Madine.

Shout out to the fans, it was buzzing around plainmoor.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: sounded great on the radio nick! :)
It was great being there SNW!

Paul & his drum make such a difference to the whole place!! :)
avfctufc
New Signing
New Signing

Post by avfctufc »

in the 4th round of the FA cup if Torquay are at home would it be the usual 'pay on the day' scenario to get in? or would it be an all ticket? I guess it depends on opposition? I want to go to the next one whoever we get, despite living up in the midlands now. :)
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by drummergull90 »

Oh yes the atmosphere I forgot. Plainmoor was absolutely buzzing today. A lot of people were giving the guy in the middle of the pitch at the start and half time a bit of abuse, but I thought it was good. Also, I think singing at the start should happen every week, got a bit of atmosphere going.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by drummergull90 »

avfctufc wrote:in the 4th round of the FA cup if Torquay are at home would it be the usual 'pay on the day' scenario to get in? or would it be an all ticket? I guess it depends on opposition? I want to go to the next one whoever we get, despite living up in the midlands now. :)
Feel your pain mate. I go to uni in Birmingham and it makes going to games pretty tough. Lets hope for Villa, Birmingham, West Brom or Wolves :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

avfctufc wrote:in the 4th round of the FA cup if Torquay are at home would it be the usual 'pay on the day' scenario to get in? or would it be an all ticket? I guess it depends on opposition? I want to go to the next one whoever we get, despite living up in the midlands now. :)
Depends who we get. Man Utd, it'll be all ticket, Hereford Utd and it'll be pay as you play.

Jane, the story I believe to be true about gate receipts is that it is split 45% per club, with the remaining 10% going to the FA. This might go some way to explaining why the crowd was quoted at 3005 when the family stand was full, there was bugger all room on the pop and the majority of the grandstand was busy and the club try to tell us there were just 400 extra fans in.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"