FA Cup Round 3: Torquay United vs Carlisle United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
avfctufc
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Elliot Benyon

Post by avfctufc »

I suppose it works both ways - having to give away 45% of the gate...but if we get Man Utd away then 45% of their gate is very welcome ;-)

Do you think the club said there were less fans than was stated in order to keep some extra money?

Whatever happens though today was extra money for the club and it should help a lot
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

We really do deserve a BIG team for once!!

Great game, deserved the win.

Brilliant atmosphere!

...let's hope the draw doesn't let us down AGAIN!

I'll take any premier league team!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I has to be our chance to be in the limelight. Although we all want Man u, Arsenal etc I'd be quite ecstatic with the likes of Wolves, Bolton. Just a trip to a Premier League ground will do. The Birmingham replay a few years ago was brilliant, want more of the same!
avfctufc
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Elliot Benyon

Post by avfctufc »

It's gonna be Villa v Torquay ...the tie i've been waiting for my whole life, surely it's destined? :)
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

The ref should be fined by the authority. He started the game 5 minutes late, & was also late starting the second half. If someone can't even get the game started on time, then he should not be employed. This is not the 1st. time that this has happened at Brainmore.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

avfctufc wrote:It's gonna be Villa v Torquay ...the tie i've been waiting for my whole life, surely it's destined? :)

hope you/we get that mate!

seeing as we cant have barnsley v the gulls........ :'( :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

ferrarilover wrote:the family stand was full, there was bugger all room on the pop and the majority of the grandstand was busy and the club try to tell us there were just 400 extra fans in. Matt.
Matt, dont know where you were viewing the crowd from but the pop side was about the same as the Oxford game. The last block at either end was nigh on empty until people moved towards whichever goal we were playing towards. The family stand had plenty enough empty seats showing and the away support was thin on the ground. I did say at half time to my neighbour that it was around 3100 (they guessed at 2800). Im guessing at about 300 to 350 visitors which on the face of it means probably another 400 to 500 casual fans on top of the usual 2200ish diehards that watch every match.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Jeff wrote:I has to be our chance to be in the limelight. Although we all want Man u, Arsenal etc I'd be quite ecstatic with the likes of Wolves, Bolton. Just a trip to a Premier League ground will do. The Birmingham replay a few years ago was brilliant, want more of the same!
I get to nearly every home game but was unable to get a ticket for that match had to sit in the brummie end. Enjoyed the game today roll on tomorrow, think the bank manager is going to dislike me this month with all the games to be played. I see a few of the same old faces on here posting week after week instead of being at the games and supporting our club putting much needed money into the club. GET OFF THE DAMN RADIO COMMOS AND GET DOWN TO PLAINMOOR ONCE IN A WHILE.WHY WAIT TILL WE HAVE GOOD CUP RUNS TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE !!!!
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

Just my luck, we get through to the 4th Round, and EVERY north east club gets dumped out! :(

Well done to the lads, though...

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Ok Fletch, if you say so, but I still think there was more than that there. I stand at the Family Stand end, on the 18 yard line and it was considerably busier than usual there for the entirety of the match. I didn't take specific note of the FS, but I do remember it being busier than normal. I take your point about the away fans though, hardly surprising since it's a long way back to Carlisle when you're shit. :)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Caught the scores coming through on the BBC whilst enjoying a well earned and deserved pint.
Over the moon. Bring on the draw, we due a goodun.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

yellowmonkey wrote: I see a few of the same old faces on here posting week after week instead of being at the games and supporting our club putting much needed money into the club. GET OFF THE DAMN RADIO COMMOS AND GET DOWN TO PLAINMOOR ONCE IN A WHILE.WHY WAIT TILL WE HAVE GOOD CUP RUNS TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE !!!!
Unfortunately monks, some of us HAVE to be selective with which games we attend. Ideally I would be there for every home game, however finances dictate I cannot. I do, however, subscribe to GullsPlayer, the Bond thing (still haven't won), am a member of TUST and have been known on occasion to spend a bit online in the Club shop, so try to put a bit of money the Club's way.
And if I can only attend a small proportion of games per season, why shouldn't I cherry pick? Home to Accrington in the League or home to Liverpool in the Cup...? Hmmm, let me think ;-)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Went in the ground down to the away side of the pop and it was pretty empty down there so think the crowd was figure was correct.

Nice to see some faces from the forum sg ,oxgull,awayday first class on the drum as normal,and met trojan67 for the first time fantastic afternoon.

Thought we missed Branston against oxford,and today the team looked more solid at the back with Branno back there and Mansell back in midfield,all round first class performance today,and a same Benners took the ball of O'kane's head think the roof would have come as it would have been a free header and no doubt he would have scored.

And i think the fans can take a bow aswell atmosphere was electric we need more of that.
Formerly known as forevertufc
graygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by graygull »

For someone who listened to game from far far away it came across as one of the best cup ties played on the hallowturf for many years. The team never stopped and as I could hear over the airwaves the crowd never stopped cheering the side on.
Well done to everyone from a reslute long distance fan.
Bring on the big draw in the next round, the club could use the money from a big draw as I'm sure everyone would agree.
My man of the match was aslo the the teams choice, Guy Branston was so much the steady one in defence, how we missed him against Oxford back there.
well played that man.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I thought that nobody played badly, but I do feel that Eunan should have been MOTM.

Class above.