FA Cup Round 3: Torquay United vs Carlisle United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

NickGull wrote: I do feel that Eunan should have been MOTM.

Class above.
Definitely agree with that!!
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

NickGull wrote:I thought that nobody played badly, but I do feel that Eunan should have been MOTM. Class above.
To be honest you could probably pick anyone from Bevs, Branners (pick of the defenders), Manse, Eunan, Danny or Benners and not be wrong. All played excellently with the rest of the team snapping at their heels. Guy probably edged it as he marshalled the defence so well, in addition to an imperious performance. Just showed how much more he brings to the defence as a whole when playing. Very unlucky to get booked TBH in what was his first foul I think and not even a nasty challenge...
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

todays game was one of the best in my mind, the crowd was extatic all match, my dad came to watch, his first game for about 2 years and he has to say it was the loudest he has heard it been at plainmoor, and i have to agree with him, got a headache right now but i have to say it is the best headache i have ever had! bring on a good side in the next round! COYY!. :)
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Nothing much more to add on a rare home game for me...each and every player was fantastic from start to finish. Wroe and Robbo were a little shaky at time but Carlisle offered so little it wasn't really a problem. O'Kane was a standout, as was Branno. Elliot absolutely ran himself into the ground too. Referee was absolutely diabolical today, but provided the best moment of the game when he finally gave a decision our way, he got a full standing ovation from the whole ground! Terrific atmosphere today as well - big congrats to everyone there, and here's hoping for that big tie in the next round!

John
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Nothing much more to add on a rare home game for me...each and every player was fantastic from start to finish. Wroe and Robbo were a little shaky at time but Carlisle offered so little it wasn't really a problem. O'Kane was a standout, as was Branno. Elliot absolutely ran himself into the ground too. Referee was absolutely diabolical today, but provided the best moment of the game when he finally gave a decision our way, he got a full standing ovation from the whole ground! Terrific atmosphere today as well - big congrats to everyone there, and here's hoping for that big tie in the next round!

John
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Love your comment on the ref .....what a complete imbecile
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

What a difference a week makes... :clap:

Only caught snippets on Gull Player in between errands...sounded brilliant, high energy , high commitment, lots of chances... :bow:

Well done to all concerned - and now the suspense begins for draw - bring it on! (D)

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Sneapy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Sneapy »

a great game, we deserved more goals we played so well, but the ref was holding us back, he made some crazy decisions :S
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Met up in Boots & Laces with SG Dave, Awayday, forevertufc and his son, oxgull and a few more whose poster names I can t recall. All I met are top people.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, before, during and after the match. For me, Branston was awesome and what a cracking goal from O Kane.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Bloody good day, very good game of football, awesome atmosphere, but I do have one very negative thing to bring away from the day........... J BARLOW sort that bloody drum out, tighten the skin and play in time FFS. I am not claiming exclusivity on the drumming or anything, but if you are going to play along at least keep up. You were the same at Wycombe as well. I think have 2 drummers would sound awesome, that way I can bring my snare drum instead. As with any crowd the chants will always speed up and it is our job to keep them in time with us not play in time with them.
luknorth
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: wayne rooney

Post by luknorth »

10 pages of this?? crikey was you playing chelski or scumchester utd?............its bloody carlisle ffs........ we are proper shiiiite at the mo..... but not taking anything away from your win...... well done and good luck in the next round against crawley!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yep, we did notice how gutless your team were, the fans I met were a credit to your Club, gracious in defeat and wished us well.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

forevertufc wrote:Went in the ground down to the away side of the pop and it was pretty empty down there so think the crowd was figure was correct.

Nice to see some faces from the forum sg ,oxgull,awayday first class on the drum as normal,and met trojan67 for the first time fantastic afternoon.

Thought we missed Branston against oxford,and today the team looked more solid at the back with Branno back there and Mansell back in midfield,all round first class performance today,and a same Benners took the ball of O'kane's head think the roof would have come as it would have been a free header and no doubt he would have scored.

And i think the fans can take a bow aswell atmosphere was electric we need more of that.

Best home game atmosphere for ages IMHO. Nice to know your dad was in my old corps and postings in the army too forevertufc. I shall be looking him up on the RAOC site later. Good decision for us to move to where southamptongull was by the drummer!! great atmosphere and constant singing throughout the game. Thought the Carlisle fans were quiet and seemed to accept their fate somewhat. Anyway, we saw some of the best passing football since the heady days of promotion to league one years ago and it was a joy to be there. :clap: very winnable 4th round I think :scarf: One disapointment was no West Bay Gull so sorry you couldn't make it Jane, next time then?
Oblivion!!!!