Torquay United vs Oxford United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

:lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Hemmings forgot he was even a winger today! so many times nicho got forward and was looking for a wide player to link up with, but no hemming was up front with benyon not being an outlet!

Zebs was equally bad, but at least tried to go on his usual runs, was unlucky a couple of time, due to the pitch in some cases, was very lucky to stay on the pitch though as he blatantly kicked out! at least he wanted it though!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Did we miss Guy Branston's presence ?

In my opinion we did.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I was so choked after the game I couldn't bring myself to come on here and share my thoughts.

However, I've now calmed down and have also seen the highlights which actually supported the view I had immediately after the game.

I am a Mark Ellis fan and always have been but against Oxford he was exceedingly poor and responsible for two of the three goals - leaving Midson unmarked at the corner and not even trying to catch him when put through for the third.

Bevan looked haunted by the Hereford game and totally lost his angle for the third goal - tamely sliding on his knees instead of properly spreading himself.

The fourth goal was down to joke defending by Mansell who should have left Potter (I think) to Ellis and stayed marking Midson. Instead he lost his head, charged in and made it easy for the striker.

The defence aside, however, I thought we played well. The midfield were industrious and creative although neither winger were effective until Stevens came on. We were good on the ball and avoided playing hoofball.

In attack we had Benyon who was simply the best player on the park. And when Kee came on he showed that he could be a great replacement if Eliot leaves for pastures new.

I thought the game was excellent entertainment, played in a good spirit, well officiated and was a credit to League 2 football. Shame about that last minute defensive cock-up.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Trojan 67 wrote:Did we miss Guy Branston's presence ?

In my opinion we did.

My thoughts exactly.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Yellow4life wrote:
My thoughts exactly.
I hope Brano's injury is not too serious and will be available for selection on Saturday.

I was at the game on Monday and reading the different viewpoints everything I could say would only be repeating other posters.

Um, there is another thing. It was my turn to get them in Boots & Laces. I was too quick off the mark and missed every first half goal. :Oops:

The fact that I then saw more goals than I missed left me stunned for a second. I was one of the last to leave the Popside which is definitely out of character. Win ,lose or draw I can usually shrug a game off and enjoy the rest of the day/evening. It took more than the usual refreshment to do it. (D)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Trojan,

Buckle's already said that Branston's a major doubt for Saturday.