Torquay United vs Rotherham United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

It wasnt just the Ultras. There were people near me shouting it aswell (who arent part of the Ultras) because we'd of liked to of had something going forward on the Counter attack. Its a Home game we should be doing our best to get the win not settling for a draw. Even if it is against a good team like Rotherham. We brought the pressure on ourselfs by taking our strikers off and having nothing going forward as good as they were we invited the pressure.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

We did. We had Zebroski and Robinson, as well as Macklin coming on who isn't a 'defensive' player. We were set up for the counter attack. I had no qualms of O Kane off, he scored a nice goal, played 1 nice pass immediately after that and was then anonymous. With our system he needed to be replaced by a central midfielder. With Mansell playing right back, Lathrope was the only option with that one.

Didn't think Kee had his best game, and once he was out wide right was just a better move to bring fresh, quick legs on out there and in Macklin it's his favoured position.

Robinson went off in the 90th minute, he was clearly spent anyway, and again is Stevens a defensive player?

it's what we've got, we've got 2 and 1/2 strikers (the 1/2 is Zebs because he's a bit of both striker and winger) and if they are all starting then 'taking our strikers off' is going to happen every week when we have to bring fresh legs on from the bench.

This isn't a pop at you personally Alex, I just didn't understand the criticism labelled at Buckle for the subs and end result yesterday. We've had a gruelling run of games (which is continuing Saturday/Tuesday) for a while, a small squad and we need those front 3 fresh or as fresh as possible for every game. Unless he can sign one or two more then he has to rotate it's as simple as that.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

None taken. I take your point. But we replaced Strikers with wingers which is my point. It was packing the midfield abit more than anything. I would of just liked us to attack abit more and sit back or at least Kept Kee on so if we hit a long ball we'd have someone to hold it up other than Stevens!