Torquay Utd v Accrington 11/09/10

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Can't really rate Wayne yesterday, he was played stupidly out of position! And Kee has been bad! Lets hope Bucks plays the formation 4-4-2 on th 18th :)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I can only judge a game by the reviews I read and I'm not filled with confidence after this, though I'm convincing myself that it is just a temporary blip.
The first match I'll make it to will be away at Shrewsbury. I sincerely hope that things pick up again by then as I'm very much looking forward to it.
Chow Mein
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Bruno Meirelles

Post by Chow Mein »

I'm not really filled confidence either really, I mean if you look at the table after 6 games we are top of the league, been having sleepless nights living with that fact.

:s !!!

One game & now everyone is saying how shit we are. Shrewsbury lost to Gillingham yesterday & how crap were promotion candidates Rotherham who let a 3 goal lead slip against a stuttering Burton.

Bad performances happen... BUT

Top of the league, we're 'avin a laugh!
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Accrington are a good side and im not surprised we drew, I think we were calling for players like O'Kane and Macklin to come on earlier, this result wont look bad if we get 6/4 points out of the next 2 games.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

ferrarilover wrote: Not having a go at Drummergull, since he is merely repeating what he has heard, but...

WHY OH WHY OH WHY MUST WE HAVE THIS SAME OLD BOLLOCKS TROTTED OUT EVERY TIME A PLAYER MISSES A MATCH!?!

Not everyone who leaves the club/misses a match/gets subbed off/farts in bed has had a punch up with the manager.

If the lunatics are to be believed, Bucks has had disagreements with Jesus, Sills, Nico, Carayol and now Benners.

Do these people honestly believe we would have any players left if Bucks was such an arsehole?

Matt.
I am a big fan of Buckle and kept faith with him right through last season. I was literally only saying what I had heard mentioned on Radio Devon. Calm down.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

forevertufc wrote: never a problem chris,and yes it nice to see some familiar faces yesterday,and to meet oxgull for the first time :)
Just got back home from Kingsteignton after that family party in Bovey last night. Good to meet you guys and Jane again as the last time was Wembley and the Cambridge day out. As for the game? two teams that cancelled each other out and Bucks will have to find ways of dealing with this as we are up there to be stopped and shot down. Very quiet most of the game with little atmosphere and no real threat from us at all. If they had a half decent striker then we would have lost this one but the draw was a far result if not very entertaining to watch. Bevs saved us at the end just when I thought "oh s***!! so he probably deserved MOTM just for that one. Onwards and upwards then :)
Oblivion!!!!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Chow Mein wrote:I'm not really filled confidence either really, I mean if you look at the table after 6 games we are top of the league, been having sleepless nights living with that fact.
Oh I'm chuffed to bits that we're top of the league and believe we won't be anywhere near those pesky relegation spots come May. I won't be calling for Buckle's head after every defeat but I hope the lads snap out of what made them play so poorly yesterday quickly (preferably next Saturday) so that we can achieve that wonderful dream of just outside play offs safety.
:)
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

BBC said he was injured.... But then BBC also say the Pope is the Anti-christ.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

buckle says in todays H/E that benners has been carrying a knock to the knee and needed time with d.davey,fair enough,time to move on ,on that one.

i can see how being 2nd in the league going into the game being at home,and then playing 4-5-1 would rasie some eyebrows,however was stood with s-n-w at the game,and said to chris bring on kee,o'kane and see how this game will change,he brought those 2 and macklin,the game did change and the team twice nearly stole the 3 points.

to me was the formation wrong or the personel that started the game?.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Drummer,

Doing this from my iPhone, so can't quote your post but...

If you read the VERY FIRST LINE of my 'offending' post, you'll see that I have written that I am, in no way, having a go at you. My gripe is with whomsoever started yet another baseless rumour that PB has had an arguement with a player. 
God himself could have posted the initial mention of a bust up with the manager and my response would have been identical. 

My anger - such as it is -  with this particular rumor, is based on the fact that, within minutes of the final whistle, it was reported widely that Benners was injured.

GRRRRR.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

chippygull wrote:BBC said he was injured.... But then BBC also say the Pope is the Anti-christ.
And the problem with that is??? :)
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

No problem at all with it really. Just that the BBC seems to bang on about it. If the Education Secretary visited, would we all get in a lather about paedophile teachers? (Sorry.. off topic....just ranting.. delete or ignore)
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
JoeBarlow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JoeBarlow »

Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

GooD pictures but could you not of made them any smaller! ;-)
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Could you of made those pictures come out any bigger Joe? ;-)

Is there no way of making them smaller? :?