Torquay Utd v Accrington 11/09/10

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Torquay Utd v Accrington 11/09/10

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

glad we are up and running again!

just to say I hope to meet lots of dotnetters (even southampton gull!) :lol: next weekend as ill be down for the game - see you all in boots and laces prior to kick off!!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Good to be back!

2-0 win for the gulls on this on(benyon and gritton)
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Goanna be a win, goanna be top of the league again!!

3-0 (Benners, Zebs (2)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Hmmmm! 2 really tight defences. Stanley will no doubt sit back and look to catch us on the break. Horrible feeling we wont score against them so nil-nil seems likely :rofl:
pcm
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by pcm »

i'm sure we will have the firepower and pace to win this game and take us back to the top.
TORQUAY TILL I DIE....
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Feel we will win 2-0. Just hope the fans start turning up in greater numbers - Christ, what has the team got to do to motivate the South Devon public?! Four wins out of Five and defeating a L1 Club in a cup competititon. Come on folks - get up to Plainmoor!!!!
Oh yes, I also think the Board and club should set targets for increasing attendance over the next two seasons and focus the marketing on meeting these targets.
Oh yes, my son is off to unversity this month- any advice on how to prevent it costing me a fortune?
Guess I have missed this site more than I expected!!!!
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

3-1 Gulls,

Things getting back on track after a long old road trip over the past week or so. I would like to see Key given a start with Gritton upfront, and Zeb replacing Stevens on the wing. On the University side of things tell him to get a loan himself, and a part time job, thats what I had to do! Got to stand on his own 2 feet at some point! Dear Dieadre I aint ;-)
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Plymouth Gull - if he isn't going to Exeter Uni it won't cost you a fortune. I swear it is costing me every 10x as much as anywhere else.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hmmm, this season, I have taken to visiting the forums of the clubs we are due to play next to judge the mood among their supporters and it never fails to amaze me when predictions are made of 2/3/4 goal hauls against our meiserly defence.

Now, I will defend to the death any mans right to predict what he likes, especially in an environment as unbalanced and irrelevant as this, but surely, predictions that we (hardly the most threatening side going forward, don't get me wrong, we're alright, but we're not really prolific) are going to hit 3 or 4 against the best defence in the division this year (1 goal against, it came in their last game) are way, way over the top?

Matt.

P.S. 6-0 TUFC. :lol:
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Torquay United (1) 3
Accrington Stanley (0) 0

Att: 3,522.

I'm feeling optimistic. I just hope there aren't any drums.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Plymouthgull wrote:Feel we will win 2-0. Just hope the fans start turning up in greater numbers - Christ, what has the team got to do to motivate the South Devon public?! Four wins out of Five and defeating a L1 Club in a cup competititon. Come on folks - get up to Plainmoor!!!!
Oh yes, I also think the Board and club should set targets for increasing attendance over the next two seasons and focus the marketing on meeting these targets.
Oh yes, my son is off to unversity this month- any advice on how to prevent it costing me a fortune?
Guess I have missed this site more than I expected!!!!

Make him get a job, and pay his own way? Apart from that. I have no idea..sorry. ;-)

Agree re the support that we are getting. It's disappointing. I have said, for 2/3 years now, that we should get Torquay town centre more involved in promoting TUFC matches at Plainmoor. They could put up match posters in the shop windows etc. Remember when we had the play off final (As if you COULD forget). There was NOTHING in Torquay town to promote the match and even at the victory parade, the town itself did nothing (The town hall did, but the team were actually going there for the reception). You see these other "smaller" clubs who who get drawn away to Man U in the cup and their town closes up on the day of the game, because everyone goes! I know it's not quite the same, but come on Torquay town do try and get behind your team. If TUFC can be promoted through the media and the town I'm sure we could pull in a few more punters.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

wivelgull wrote:Torquay United (1) 3
Accrington Stanley (0) 0

Att: 3,522.

I'm feeling optimistic
. I just hope there aren't any drums.
You certianly are, judging by that attendance figure. Knock 1000 off that and you might come somewhere close.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fulham Gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Fulham Gull »

Score 1-0 Att :2400 ( as we lost the last game) as to the undergraduste - move house ,change your name and don't tell him.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:see you all in boots and laces prior to kick off!!
Will you be the one in the flat cap with the whippet tied up outside and a ferret in your pocket? :lol: :lol:

edit: Just looked at the 5 day forecast for Torbay. Not good with s**tloads of rain expected. Could make the match a bit of a lottery :(
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Fletch wrote: Will you be the one in the flat cap with the whippet tied up outside and a ferret in your pocket? :lol: :lol:

edit: Just looked at the 5 day forecast for Torbay. Not good with s**tloads of rain expected. Could make the match a bit of a lottery :(

dont be soft fletch.........the ferret will be down me trousers!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468