Torquay v AFC Wimbledon Match Thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Torquay v AFC Wimbledon Match Thread

Post by tktufc91 »

Tonight we host AFC Wimbledon at plainmoor. The last time we met was in the FA Trophy match at Kingsmeadow in the 07/08 season in the FA Trophy Last 16 where goals from Roscoe D'Sane and Lee Phillips guided the Gulls to a 2-0 win.

I think I speak for everyone that we really need a win tonight, will we get it? I'm gonna say yes. Nervy 2-1 win, don't care about scorers, as long as we win!!

COYY!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Lets be havin ya! Everyone get behind the team tonight and keep the faith!

2-0 gulls :)
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

I gotta feeling we are gonna win this one with a good performance. I'm going 3-1.

Does anyone know if Rene can play?

COYY!!
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

my mesage to the team would be, stop feeling so b....dy sorry for yourselfs, there is only one way to drag yourselfs out of this slump, thats meet the challenge head on.

COOOYYYY :scarf:
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I am going to go for a 2-2 with us going behind twice but eventually earning a draw. On confidence and form i just can't see us getting the win we need but a draw would be ok so long as we beat Hereford on saturday. I am just keeping everything crossed and hoping we don't ship 3 or 4 or more again as that would be a disaster only comparable with the day i first saw Jamal Easter don a Gulls shirt. They have proved that they are a useful side with some useful players but they do concede lots of goals like us so 2-2 for me.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

Less than 4 hours to go and really heavy rain just up the road from the ground. It looks like heavy rain over Plainmoor as well. Dont know if that will suit us or not?
Arse! Drink!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Father Jack wrote:Less than 4 hours to go and really heavy rain just up the road from the ground. It looks like heavy rain over Plainmoor as well. Dont know if that will suit us or not?
Im travelling down from Taunton and obviously many are coming from further including the Dons lot. I read on facebook that the game could be called off as its that bad? ANyone with a clue whats going on
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Brett the game kicks off at 7.45 if there was any doubt or a pitch inspection then an anouncement would have made by now.

I would suggest if you are concerned give the club a quick ring .
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

forevertufc wrote:Brett the game kicks off at 7.45 if there was any doubt or a pitch inspection then an anouncement would have made by now.

I would suggest if you are concerned give the club a quick ring .
I did they said it was down to the weather, they said it was touch and go at one point? That helps, thanks TUFC.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

tufcbrett wrote: I did they said it was down to the weather, they said it was touch and go at one point? That helps, thanks TUFC.
I'm fairly certain it will be on. It's stopped raining in Torquay now.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Sadly can't make tonight but will probably use the free player offer for tonights game so i can listen in.Get behind them, don't have a pop if things aren't going right and hopefully they can get a result. Wimbledon are a bit jekyll and hyde and are prone to defensive mess ups (like us), should be a good game.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

royalgull wrote:Sadly can't make tonight but will probably use the free player offer for tonights game so i can listen in.Get behind them, don't have a pop if things aren't going right and hopefully they can get a result. Wimbledon are a bit jekyll and hyde and are prone to defensive mess ups (like us), should be a good game.

:nod: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :keepie:
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

tufcbrett wrote: I did they said it was down to the weather, they said it was touch and go at one point? That helps, thanks TUFC.
Sometimes i despare at our club, they tell you that the phone, then as i suspected a story appears on the O/S saying game on pitch perfect, i suppose with exiles they are caught between a rock and a hard place, however as my first reply, the club should have more than a good idea 2 hours before kick-off whether the game is in doubt or not, or whehter a pitch inspection would be required.

So lets hope Bretty is on the way, as that will be another few quid down the drain.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Wish I could be at Plainmoor to support the team. Please everyone get right behind the team from the first minute. This is a crucial match.
I am going for a 3-2 win.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hello all (and Nick in particular), must once again apologise for not having managed a proper match thread. Thanks to OP for stepping into the breech off hIs own initiative.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"