Torquay v Gillingham, match day topic

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

We need a shake up at the back, would like to see Ellis tried at least for a couple of matches. I hope his transfer request was only to shock Ling into playing him, but he shouldn't need to do that, .

Up front we're not too far from having a good unit there, I think playing Stevens further forward than he did today would be a good plan, where Atieno played. Taiwo does nothing other than win it a bit in the air, he's quick yes, but he rarely uses it, Stevens is a live-wire, sometimes he comes off, sometimes he doesn't, but on today's, and last weeks performance he merits starting place for him. He finished his goal well too. Bringing in Lathrope as another midfielder would be good, he'd offer a bit more protection and get stuck in a bit allowing O'Kane more freedom going forward.
Last edited by yellowforever on 16 Oct 2011, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

We've all said that the defence has needed sorting out from the start, so surely Taylor needs to pull his finger out now!

That said, it is laughable how some of you have changed your tune so quickly. "Ling is the messiah!" "Ling blagged the hob and is woeful and hopeless". Suck it up, we're having a bad spell and stick by the team you support FFS!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

Steve, some of us were ambivalent about the appointment when it was announced. Others jumped aboard the outrage bus, praising his tactical astuteness compared to the previous incumbent and, as you say, labelling him as the messiah. Cant say Ive seen much in the way of either
Arse! Drink!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Steve - "suck it up" you knob. What planet are you on. The problem is with this team is that when (and not if) we hit rock bottom, then that will be about it. We can kiss our arse (and our league status) goodbye.
Can't you see that half the players in the squad are not good enough. jesus have you got your head stuck up your own arse or something.
if Ling really seriously thinks that we have got the players in this squad who will turn this around then i am afraid we are already probably doomed.
It also matters not that is only October. The writing has never more clearly been on the wall and only the blind,stupid or those in complete denial can't see it.
The five or six players of league standard in the team cannot cover for the other fourteen or so in the squad who are patently nowhere near up to it.
The problem is really as simple as that.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

need to be on the ball when players become available for loan... a certain Scott Rendell who is doing well on loan....and so forth...to say we dont need quality loanees is effectively keepng heads up arses.....

Thank you Brucie for your honest views.....agree with and wish things were more positive but until Lingy does something 2 losses is a loss of 6 points and if Hereford and Argyle get a winning streak things will look perilous... :O
Travelling Gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Travelling Gull »

Woeful defending and Howe no-where to be seen as a striker - we have MAJOR problems in both important areas.....
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Good post Bruce

The players that have been brought in are not as good as the players we lost, that is now proved.

The tactiics are not as good as what we lost in Paul Buckle, that is proved as well.

It needs drastic change NOW. Some players need to be shipped out on loan to free some wages for a decent center half and striker at least.

I think the board should also consider Lings position before its too late.
TUST MEMBER
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

stevegull wrote:Suck it up, we're having a bad spell and stick by the team you support FFS!
What he said. :nod:

brucie wrote:Steve - "suck it up" you knob. What planet are you on ?
We are on this planet brucie. With the money you've saved by not coming to Plainmoor, go and get yourself some treatment for that serious negative condition. :)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

Cheers Trojan, i appeared to suffer a tirade of abuse then! At least someone is with me!

Some players may not be good enough, but tell me one squad that doesn't have some players that everyone questions?

I better not stick up for the club anymore if i wish not to be shouted down....
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The forum is about the full spectrum of opinion and like an arsehole, everyone has one. The difference being that some are more odious than others.

Smell it ?

Some talk out their ar . . .

Smell it now ?

:Z :Z :Z :rofl:
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

So much for all of us saying at the start of the season we would 'take consolidation', what a farce some of you are making. We will bounce back, give some of these players a chance, funny how this forum's traffic doubles in adversity. Buckle did things differently, Ling does things differently, we certainly never had games like yesterday under Buckle, we were more solid under him, but Buckle had his weaknesses (e.g Substitutes). I'd take 16th come the end of the season, then try and challenge for promotion next season. Give Ling a season, if we're not happy, we don't have to renew his contract. Most of our players are up to League 2 standard, lets remember Ling had a shorter time to assemble the squad than anyone else given the play-off circumstance. All it takes is a plucky win against Southend and everyone will go back under their bridges. There are much worse teams in this league than us, and I'm sure that come January we will be top half.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

YellowMurphy wrote:So much for all of us saying at the start of the season we would 'take consolidation', what a farce some of you are making. We will bounce back, give some of these players a chance, funny how this forum's traffic doubles in adversity. Buckle did things differently, Ling does things differently, we certainly never had games like yesterday under Buckle, we were more solid under him, but Buckle had his weaknesses (e.g Substitutes). I'd take 16th come the end of the season, then try and challenge for promotion next season. Give Ling a season, if we're not happy, we don't have to renew his contract. Most of our players are up to League 2 standard, lets remember Ling had a shorter time to assemble the squad than anyone else given the play-off circumstance. All it takes is a plucky win against Southend and everyone will go back under their bridges. There are much worse teams in this league than us, and I'm sure that come January we will be top half.
:scarf: :-D
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

YellowMurphy wrote:funny how this forum's traffic doubles in adversity.
Funny it is not, ironic it is. :-/

The irony being as the forum's traffic increases during adversity, the match day gate at Plainmoor diminishes. :(
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Trojan - Gates will decrease because of the rubbish on display, That much is obvious.
I have supported Torquay for over 45 years and all my adult life I have never lived in the Torbay area and have driven thousands of miles to watch the team.
I gave up going this year because Ling signed Rice and Mcphee. I knew then that we were going to be dire. I watched the Tiverton pre season friendly and enough was enough.
Mcphee was still a complete carthorse. Saah looked a non league player. Atieno ran around but basically looked the headless chicken he has proven to be and Macklin was err well Macklin.
Leadbitter looked hopeless.
We just looked a team without quality.
Ling seems a nice enough bloke but he is looking more and more like a poor choice as manager.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

odd isn't it. when its trojans birthday we ship a load of goals. Last year we score 3 and bury score 4. Come on Trojan why can't you have an official birthday (like Queenie does) only make it in July. Now GET BACK ON YOUR NAUGHTY STEP!!!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843