Torquay v Morecambe Match Thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Nick, top job changing how you quote 'ferrarilover'.... Lovely...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Eh?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not going into the match to much now , anyway not overall a bad performance , lacked quality with the passing all to often going astray.

The Morecambe goal though, this is a new low for me, as soon as the ball broke to Ellison on the half way line if my memory serves me right the team were in big trouble, it was laughable, Nicho knew it and tried to trip him from behind and the comedy began as he missed, with every yard he gained passing one lame pathetic non-challenge after another, my own cries of "take the card" grow louder, in he hope that someone if they could not stop him fair means would do it by foul, but nope he managed to go on a Sunday afternoon stroll through half our team and score.

Dont know wether it is the set up of the team or the personel at the back however something is wrong , once again we saw to many chances gifted to the oppostion, thankfully there finishing was as bad as our's, this match could have been 3.3/4.4 , on good chances a draw in the end i think is fair.

As for this thing with Roberston, Mr.Dave Harris if your reading this feel ashamed no need for it, your not the only though, heard Saah described as a useless n.../n... by some one near me, wont fill in the blanks as to disgusting .
Formerly known as forevertufc
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Scrap that Nick, i think super did it.... :P

On another note, fans are entitled to their opinion, but from what forevertufc has said there is no place for that at a football game, just imagine being the player hearing that abuse, it's hardly going to inspire them to bring up a big performance. Also, if i was a parent of a child who heard that language i would seriously reconsider allowing my child to the game. At a time when we need gate numbers to rise we need to make Plainmoor a more welcoming and less threatening environment when things aren't going the teams way.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hmmm, I just don't agree Nick, I thought they were pretty bad really, perhaps not the relegation fodder my initial (not altogether difinitive) comment suggests, but certainly a long way from the third spot they presently occupy. No, I didn't think Shrewsbury were very good, but then, they had played their asses off against Arsenal on the Tuesday. Morecambe had no such excuse and looked short of the limited threat which the Shrews posed.
Their keeper made, probably, the best save I have ever seen in that first half, low down to his left and up onto the bar. I was 100 yards from it and through a crowd, but I'm sure I didn't see it wrong. In the second half, he was unbeatable too (except for the goal, obviously). McPhee, twice, didn't make it as hard for him as he should have (i.e. im-frigging-possible), but the two saves he made in the second half we're both very, very good.

My opinion about Lathrope is always the same, I simply do not notice the guy, he never seems to do, well, anything at all. Oh well, onwards and upwards to the next match.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Mr Burnz wrote: Some bloke was given Robbo some stick during the first half, it was needless and the bloke has a k***.

what swear word is k***?? i've been racking my brains and cant work it out??!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

forevertufc wrote:heard Saah described as a useless n.../n... by some one near me, wont fill in the blanks as to disgusting .
and that, is it just me or are there new terms of abuse that the youth of today are using, n.../n..., i cant even imagine what that means??!!
still keeping the faith
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Hopefully it wasn't the mighty N word?
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

bixieupnorth wrote: and that, is it just me or are there new terms of abuse that the youth of today are using, n.../n..., i cant even imagine what that means??!!
Sadly it was not young people it was an man in late 50's early 60's and was racist to the point, i did not make a big of it however as it was said privatly amongst a small group however i am sure anyone stood with a few paces of them would have heard it, if it had been shouted out as abuse i, and i am sure others would have had something to say.

There simply is no need to refer to a coloured person as a n-----r or a n-g/n-g, what so ever in this day and age.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

well thats out of order and not a great example to younger fans, hopefully he was as you say quiet about it as we dont need another generation of intolerant racists infecting football at tis level, and personally i feel brain saah has been steadily improving for us
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
kittiwake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by kittiwake »

"There simply is no need to refer to a coloured person as a n-----r or a n-g/n-g, what so ever in this day and age"

The politically correct word to use is black or mixed race as the case may be!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Political correctness has nothing to do with it, a person is either racist or they are not.

I wonder if the same moron described Saah as said above, jumped up and celebrated the goal he scored , racist or confused,hmmmm.
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

We don't need ANY so called supporters that subject our own players to personal abuse! These people should be thrown out from the terraces and No racist comments at all. Torquay is a family club and we do not need the support from these dregs of society!

It is every responsible supporter to ensure these people are 'outed' and removed.

On the subject of Robertson, I actually thought he 'handled' Price very well or has been a handful for other opposition whereas was ineffective today!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Just don't understand the mindset to abuse one of your own players. It never results in a positive reaction and will only make them either a) play worse or b) bite back at the crowd. It's lose/lose.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hahaha, with regard to your point F'rever, about the phrase N** N**, I stand with a bloke who follows Liverpool. He had terrible trouble remembering the name of N'Gog, so he called him N** N** instead, much to the amusement of all and sundry.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"