League 2: Shrewsbury Town vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gullsrus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gullsrus »

they got through on goal because mansell lost his man. it was he who ran through and scored the goal. perhaps shaun taylor should work on them both !!
my main point in all of this conversation is that there seems to be criticism for some and not others and i am not aiming this at you personally. for example i was at the game on saturday and there was a group of fans behind me. every time the likes of mc phee, saah, robertson in paricular, lathrope oastler did the slightest thing wrong there was hands thrown up in the air, shouts of abuse , moans and groans etc but then the likes of o'kane mansell nicholson gave the ball away or did a dodgy pass ( and they did, and not only in this game) it was all ok. lets have consistent criticism for all. sometimes i have been to a game and those "who dare not be criticised" have had the most horrendous game and ended up with man of the match on this forum :(
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Those blokes got on my nerves too gullsrus. On a forum I think to criticise is fine, even at a match if a player's mistake leads to a goal against us. But prolonged derision of a player during a game for every little thing isn't necessary or productive in my opinion.
gullsrus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gullsrus »

:nod: quite right and that is what forums are for whether its to praise, criticise or whatever but its the inconsistencies that bug me either on a forum, at a match or even listening to commentary and watching highlights and even extended highlights !!! if someone is going to analyse a players performance, good or bad, then do it across the board and not just pick on certain players.