Torquay United v Cheltenham Town, Football League 2, 130911

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Cannot wait to read what Evans has to say after that. Conceding nine in two matches. Perhaps they won't p*ss this league after all.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Wubble U wrote:Yes thank you Swindon!!! hopefully the start of a downward slope for Crawley :na:

now.... COYY!!!!!! :scarf:
the start of a downward slope?? they're half way down it already, five defeats recently and 9 conceded in two games!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

nicho motm
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

draw sounds fair enough result, others seem to have gone for us and we've surged up to fifth by my reckoning??
still keeping the faith
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

2-2 not bad bad result all things considered
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

bixieupnorth wrote:draw sounds fair enough result, others seem to have gone for us and we've surged up to fifth by my reckoning??

yeah got to be happy with that against an in form team. climbed a place too - tough game saturday tho!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

above creepy and ro**rs!!!!! :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:oh well, arsenal level too now, bookie wins again!!

loser! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

bixieupnorth wrote:oh well, arsenal level too now, bookie wins again!!
Whoever backed Arsenal to win away against the German champions is a proper mug and deserved to be relieved of all their money. Don't know what the odds were but knowing bookies and people betting on English teams in Europe I bet Arsenal were no bigger than 6/4 to win there.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

happytorq wrote: Whoever backed Arsenal to win away against the German champions is a proper mug and deserved to be relieved of all their money. Don't know what the odds were but knowing bookies and people betting on English teams in Europe I bet Arsenal were no bigger than 6/4 to win there.

that'll be bixie then............!!!!!!!! :rofl:

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Arsenal were 3/1 in places and in europe they know what they are doing. In the premier league however they ain't got a feckin clue. 2-2 draw for us tonight and it's another game unbeaten and we are a point off top 3. Can't complain at all. Credit to Martin, he is doing an amazing job at the moment.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

austrianandygull wrote:Arsenal were 3/1 in places and in europe they know what they are doing. In the premier league however they ain't got a feckin clue. 2-2 draw for us tonight and it's another game unbeaten and we are a point off top 3. Can't complain at all. Credit to Martin, he is doing an amazing job at the moment.
3/1 isn't so bad, I guess, but I still wouldn't have backed them. Dortmund are a genuinely good side and in Goetze they have a player who could be up there with Messi in a few year (i know, hyperbole overload, but he is great.)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

Starting to think we may have been unlucky that we played Crawley when we did. Take away the sky high confidence they had and now look at them.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

happytorq wrote: 3/1 isn't so bad, I guess, but I still wouldn't have backed them. Dortmund are a genuinely good side and in Goetze they have a player who could be up there with Messi in a few year (i know, hyperbole overload, but he is great.)

Goetze is immense i agree but Messi is a true footballing great better than Maradona ( and i am old enough to have seen Maradona since the 86 world cup in mexico). Messi is the best player in his position that i have ever seen in my life, and he doesn't have any of the stroppy mardiness that usually accompanies many good players who think they are better than they actually are (ie ronaldo, rooney etc).
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.