Torquay United v Cheltenham Town, Football League 2, 130911

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Gullscorer wrote:A draw a fair result, I think. And in the light of Northampton's 3-0 victory at Wimbledon tonight, Torquay's draw against them on Saturday also looks to be a decent result. Still optimistic that the Gulls will have a much better season than anybody dared hope for last Spring.

And League Two generally seems to be providing some exciting games to watch, not that many 0-0 bore draws which always remind me of the film Alien 3 (In space, no-one can hear you snore....)

Eee is that true. well I had better get me missus sent up there then!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Trojan 67 wrote:Kicked towards the "wrong end" first half and it always fills me with dread.

0-1 down in a few minutes. :( A few minutes later it's 1-1 :clap:

What a cracker that was from Bod. I could go on and on but I'll not say any more as I met Gloster tonight so I'll sign off before he gets home and gives me some stick.
Good read Danny, good match summary. :-D
Yeah too right. Turncoat. All this time I thought you wuz a true Gull to find your really a Plymuff fan? If that's the right word to use. You Turncoat you. Get back on your naughty step. Grr. Westbay. get yer whip out. I have a custmer er Victim for you. oh and make sure you wear the full gear. I want him to be afraid.
Be afraid Trojan. be very afraid.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It's pretty much been said so not to much to add, agree with Matt, Cheltenham looked a very good side indeed, lot's of movement around our box, kept defence on there toes all game long.

This game was a great advert for league 2 football with both sides looking to pass the ball around , with only the odd hoof ball played, at the end of the game i was happy with the point as thought Cheltenham may have just edged it.

Big up to Brian Saah, his best game for Torquay so far.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Really enjoyed that last night. How refreshing it was to see two teams both attacking each other, playing neat passing football! As said, they were much better than the previous year, so I'm happy with a point.

Glad the attendance stayed just over 2000 considering it was a Champions League night aswell. I thought their first goal was a good move, and I don't think Bobby could have done much more to be honest. However, Bodin's reply was a great solo effort. About 4/5 red shirts couldn't get it off him, and then a cracking strike. That was the first time I'd seen him, and I was very impressed, so I hope he can keep that up!

Disappointing to go behind thanks to a counter attack, but fair play to them for breaking away with an extra man.

Nichos strike was an absolute belter, about time one of them went in really - it's been coming.

Special mentions go to Howe, Eunan, Nicho and Bodin, who I thought did very well. Atieno had a poor game, along with Morris, unfortunately.

Still unsure on Robbo-Saah partnership - there were one or two occasions which were heart-in-mouth moments, but fortunately nothing came of them.

All in all, a good match, against a good team, and the only disappointment for me was the ref, who seemed to give their number 7 3/4 warnings after he'd already been booked.

Can't go on Saturday, but hopefully we'll keep up to a similar level of performance, if not better.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

the highlights are on bbc now, was there tuesday and nico's goal looks even better on screen! .. fantastic strike!

linky: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14924539.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Woo hoo ; great strike Nico, time to strip:

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Kevin-Nich ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.