Torquay vs Barnet

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Fratelli's, Chelsea dagger I think. Got a good boo from the pop and some sang it when Barnet scored. Made I larf.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

ferrarilover wrote:Worst. Football. Match. Ever.

Matt.
+

Worst. Officials. Ever
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

SteveDeckchair wrote:Embarrassing. Goal music at Plainmoor!! I think the players didn't want to score again as we were awful after that!
Seriously? how will i ever look my Argyle mates in the eyes again!!!!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

we are now classed as tinpot.
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

Goal Music-Discrace
Officials-Discrace
New Stewards-Discrace (didn't know what to and what not to let in!)
Performance-Sub Standard
Pepperami
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Pepperami »

I haven't looked back through this thread so I apologise if:

a) This is going over old ground and/or,
b) It's a bit sad posting almost as soon as I get home,

but please please please please can we not ape every other sad plastic club in the country and play music when we score?

Ridiculous.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Wasn't there, but look on the plus side - we're still 7th and now we're only 4 points off automatic promotion rather than 5!

We're not going to win them all and turn in blinding performances - hopefully this dropping of points will prevent Bucks from winning Manager of the Month again and allow us to tick along nicely in the top few places
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The linesman on the popside was poor yes,he made a few mistakes,and certainly did not help the referee,bizzare decision of all time today,flaging us offside from a goal kick :O .

Any way that said i feel as fans we must get over this blaming the ref for what was plainly and utterly a sh#te performance from us today,no cohesion,only strung two passes together in the whole match and we scored from it,kept bombing high balls up to Kee/Benyon who were faced with some gaint sized gorilla defenders.

Barnet were crud,we were poor,bad times today.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Chow Mein
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Bruno Meirelles

Post by Chow Mein »

Absolute dogshite that was, rubbish.

Was that the World Cup final linesman though?
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Listened to the second half on Gullsplayer, wished I stayed at work. Didn't sound like we were good this afternoon, still looking on the bright side, still in the play offs and a point closer to an automatic spot.

Hope that will be the first and last time we ever have goal music at plainmoor, never been a fan of it, never will.

Please TUFC, no more goal music ever again.....EVER!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

just been reading some of your posts, yeah a bad day at the office granted guys and gals , but as an ever eternal optomist i see as another point gained, we are by far in a better postion than this time last year, and we will get stronger as the season goes on, i am in no doubt we will finish in the top 10 by end of the season, so come on guys and gals just over a third of the season gone, we are doing ok...... simon
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

First chance I`ve had to get to a game this season and it has to one of the worst performances I`ve seen from us for a long long time.
The scene was set early on when when Ellis hesitated and nearly let them in although to be fair apart from that and the goal the defence played well. The midfield lost the battle and up front nothing was sticking and we were losing too many of the long balls pumped up to Benyon and Kee. Definitely a point gained as Barnet looked much the better side on the day, winning most of the 2nd balls and generally looking much more up for it than we were.
I will go for some ratings which are purely my opinion on what I saw.

Bevan 6 -( A couple of good saves punched a couple that he could perhaps have caught. Couple of kicks straight into touch)

Robertson 6 (solid, didn`t do much wrong and no nonsense clearances when needed)
Ellis 7 (Early mistake, otherwise solid with good clearances and couple of important challenges)
Branston 7 (won most balls in the air, and great diving header at the end that could easily have been a spectacular own goal)
Nicholson 7 (won plenty of headers and generally ok, one free kick was blasted over the away stand from a dangerous position)

O`Kane 5 (great run and work to set Benyon up for the goal, otherwise didn`t impress)
Wroe 4 (nowhere near the Nicky Wroe of old, too lightweight against a strong Barnet who wanted it more)
Manse 6 (best of a poor midfield, appeared to be holding back in his challenges possibly fearing another booking)
Stevens 3 (sorry Danny, love you when you are on form but lost just about every challenge today)

Benyon 5 (not much joy out of their strong defenders, took goal well)
Kee 4.5 (as Benners but didn`t score so slightly lower score)

subs
Rose - 5 (couple of good runs otherwise flattered to deceive and lost too many challenges)
Hemmings - 5 (as above)
Gritton 5 (not on long enough to give any other score. Very harshly booked)

Overall a bad day at the office, tactics wrong pumping too many balls up to our strikers playing it into the hands of their much bigger defenders. The officials were poor and didn`t help the flow of the game but weren`t responsible for such a poor display. Finally the goal music, awful, please never again.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Appalling performance - we looked like the side at the bottom of the league not them.

Why do we insist in throwing the ball up to Kee - he has no heading ability whatsoever. I am beginning to wonder if Kee can think in three dimensions. He is ok with the ball on the ground but when its in the air its a free header for the opposition's defence.

Which then opens up the question who was setting the tactics? The aimless ball up front was quite frankly pathetic and there were no flick-ons and no question of holding the ball up for the midfield to come through - they spent most of their time within a couple of yards of the defence.

As a result we only had 45% possession. Although we had 10 attempts on goal there were only two that showed real threat, the goal itself and a sharp shot from Kee which Benyon was in position to put the rebound from the keeper in the net when he fell over.

In comparison they had numerous dangerous opportunities to score and we were lucky to get the point.

When will we learn that hoofing the ball up to the smallest strike force in the division just won't work?
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
shaunicus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by shaunicus »

yellowsmiffy wrote:What? Are we not loud enough when we celebrate?? Are the fans not happy enough after we score a goal??
No and no. Besides, am I the only one completely nonplussed by the music? Really couldn't care less.

As for the game, Buckle got it half right. With the state of the pitch and the conditions going direct was probably the best option. Playing two midgets up front wasn't clever though, and Uddin and Basey dealt with every long ball aimed at Benners and Kee comfortably. It was a game crying out for a big targetman to hold it up but it took us until deep into the second half to introduce Gritton - and we were getting overran by then and he couldn't make an impact.

To be fair to Bucks he always makes positive substitutions in tight games like this to try and win the game and he did that again yesterday, but imo he made the wrong changes (O'Kane should have stayed on, Gritts should have came on earlier, Oastler could have won the ball for us in midfield) and we just weren't at the races. Luckily we can get away with playing shite sometimes because we've got a goalscorer to get us out of trouble in Benyon and a big solid centre-back pairing who when the chips are down can salvage something from the game for us.

Incedentally, are Barnet the first team to score a header past us this season?
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

yellowsmiffy wrote: I personally go balistic, as do most fans. It's the bits in between goals where we let ourselves down with the quiet atmosphere. The die hard fans in the pop should be in the corner section of the pop rather than on the halfway line, exchanging banter with the away fans creating a proper atmosphere.
I would agree with this statement but it would of been hard with a team like Barnet who only brought around 30 fans spread over the away end. I don't no why with that number of fans we cant just put them in the Grandstand or shut off part of the popside. To be fair to the club, you can't have a go for them trying to sort it out but goal music isn't the way forward.
Last edited by united09 on 14 Nov 2010, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.