Torquay United v Macclesfield Town - League 2 - 03/09/11

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Comprehensive win and a stuffing for Rovers at Crawley, City losing at Hartlepool 2 nil, Carlsberg football day....................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Chris B wrote:3-0, wonderful finish by Eunan! Flick on from Ellis. What a great second half.
secret weapon??? Mark Ellis Torquays new No.9!! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

greeks and gargs both lost! :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

supers scored for the winner for the shrews.............. :bow:

rovers lost 4-1! :rofl:

TUST Member 468

Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Great result with an almost patched up side against a side that slaughtered us last season. Really chuffed with that, made a poorly man very happy lol.

Couple that with a defeat for Exeter, Plymouth,,, and Buckle,,,, happy days
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

anyone know the crowd statistics?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Glostergull wrote:anyone know the crowd statistics?

att 2307 (126 from macc)

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

What can i say about today? I can certainly begin by apologizing to Brian Saah for my comments yesterday regarding his performances and my opinion of him so far. I wasn't at the game today but to score and to keep a clean sheet must have been a pretty good performance. I would have been happy with the clean sheet. Saah must be given great credit for today but my opinion on him hasn't been overturned just yet, but i am over the moon with todays result all round. Well done the yellows!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Talk about a game of two halves - Ling's half time talks must be something else!
I had McPhee down for a hat trick today, and he bloody nearly got it! Lol

Great performance second half, although I thought Maccs were awful.

Lovely goal by O'Kane to finish it all off and delightful mazey run by Mans to create second, plus what can you say, Buckle's Brizzle thrashed, City beaten and Plymuff, reckon Buckles got five games left unless things buck up, already murmurings about players out of position and being dropped after good games.

Come on you yellows, but where are the supporters??
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Very happy with today, we do seem to be a 2nd half side.
McPhee uptop was top class to today, held the ball up well and i feel it would be harsh to drop him for the next game if Howe is fit. (But Howe will always start infront of him)

Mr Saah did show a fair few people wrong today, ok he made a couple of poor passes and headers but thats normal for a league 2 centre half. Branno made mistakes every game last season and if Saah makes one hes the worst player ever. I do feel some comments on here ad at games about him are harsh, just feel hes not liked and getting picked on for anything he can. Plus he scored !!!

Other results are very good aswell. At the start of the season everyone would have taken 4th spot after 6 games and 11 points aswell which leaves us two behined top. Long way to go of course, but im starting to feel that Plymouth are really heading for Non League.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

tufcbrett wrote:Very happy with today, we do seem to be a 2nd half side.
McPhee uptop was top class to today, held the ball up well and i feel it would be harsh to drop him for the next game if Howe is fit. (But Howe will always start infront of him)

Mr Saah did show a fair few people wrong today, ok he made a couple of poor passes and headers but thats normal for a league 2 centre half. Branno made mistakes every game last season and if Saah makes one hes the worst player ever. I do feel some comments on here ad at games about him are harsh, just feel hes not liked and getting picked on for anything he can. Plus he scored !!!

Other results are very good aswell. At the start of the season everyone would have taken 4th spot after 6 games and 11 points aswell which leaves us two behined top. Long way to go of course, but im starting to feel that Plymouth are really heading for Non League.
I'm really pleased Saah did well today as I knew he came to us fairly highly rated and experienced so it couldn't be all bad.

But before today (I wasn't there so can't comment) Saah has been mostly way below par. I have nothing against Saah at all, but I've not been critisicsing him because I don't like him. He has just been poor and others at the games have echoed those comments.

I don't want to criticise any TUFC player and I want them all to be successful. Hopefully today marks the start of a turnaround in form for Saah.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Southampton Gull wrote:Comprehensive win and a stuffing for Rovers at Crawley, City losing at Hartlepool 2 nil, Carlsberg football day....................
You forgot the Gargoyle result, which turned it into Special Brew..... :engflag:
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well this was a game of two halves, first half to me was negative from both sides, some good neat football however no end product, i do not know what Lingy says at half time he sure has the magic touch, second half, to me was men against boys with many chances created and a score which could of ended at 5 or 6-0.

What a great day, good win for the gulls, exeter getting beat, buckle taking a thrashing.

One final thought, Saah today ha a much much better game, his goal and performance should give him some confidence going forward. Its not always easy to settle into a new club and hopefully today is a sign it will come good for him.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

forevertufc wrote:Well this was a game of two halves, first half to me was negative from both sides, some good neat football however no end product, i do not know what Lingy says at half time he sure has the magic touch, second half, to me was men against boys with many chances created and a score which could of ended at 5 or 6-0.

What a great day, good win for the gulls, exeter getting beat, buckle taking a thrashing.

One final thought, Saah today ha a much much better game, his goal and performance should give him some confidence going forward. Its not always easy to settle into a new club and hopefully today is a sign it will come good for him.
Fully agree that its not easy to settle and hopefully Saah can now move onwards and upwards in future games!! If he does carry on and gets better and better, a lot of credit must also go to Lingy! He's chosen to stick with him and has come under some pressure from fans, etc to drop him but hasnt. We shall see!!!
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

I think Saah really proved today what he can do, and why he is so highly rated by Ling. Hopefully this isn't a one off, but now we know he can do it, more of the same please Saah :)