Gillingham vs Torquay Match Thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

SouthamptonGull wrote:One could also ask how referring to someone washing elephants could be deemed racist. Surely a reference to an elephant is done on the basis of its size? I guess it's all down to perception.

I was prety close to the two who were singing that and I can promise you this, if I thought for one second either of them were being racist in any way whatsoever I'd have shut them up immediately.
I have to agree with Dave, knowing who was singing it Dave would have shut at least one of them up very quickly.

Again I don't believe it was a racist thing, but more the fact of size, and I believe that Torquay fans are pretty good at stamping out racist comments.

FAO Diamondgirl - I am afraid to say I was a little bit tipsy when I got to the ground and I have a feint memory that I gave you a massive cuddle for which I do apologise :Oops:
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Gillingham fans have described the sending off as:

A sending off a minute or two earlier for a player over-balancing and going over - he wasn't looking for a penalty IMO, but the ref was in the middle of his card frenzy at that point

and

The sending off was a farce

Ridiculous that we can't appeal the decision, but at least the frustration probably played a part in the equaliser a minute later.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Maybe those singing didn't mean it in a rascist way but it sounds like a rehashing of the song Spurs fans (and now Arsenal and Man. U as well) sang to Adebayor. They most definitely meant it in a rascist way!! Please can we knock this chant on the head.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/city-a ... we-listen/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

2 muppets singing it Jerry. Nobody else joined in, tell them yourself, you know where they'll be standing on saturday :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Good to see that Nico made it into the L2 team of the week-
http://www.football-league.co.uk/static ... 233,00.pdf
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

westbaygull wrote:Good to see that Nico made it into the L2 team of the week-
http://www.football-league.co.uk/static ... 233,00.pdf

Not good to see that two of the players in that team are from Morecambe...one of them being the goal keeper!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

wurzel wrote:

Not good to see that two of the players in that team are from Morecambe...one of them being the goal keeper!

Better that one than the next, Del :lol:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

SouthamptonGull wrote:
Better that one than the next, Del :lol:

We might not agree on everything Dave, but i'm with you on that one. The FA cup can be a life changing experience...ask that bloody lot up the road! :rofl: