League 2 Playoff Final: Stevenage vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ferrarilover wrote: The ignorant never are.

Matt.

Matt and Andy, I understand feelings are running high and I understand and share the frustrations of everybody but both of you have been using language that would normally be totally unacceptable. I'm all for an argument but can we just moderate the language a bit please.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Do you have adequate legal representation? Maybe an apology would be in order or would the commencement of litigation for slander appeal more?
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by andygull »

Southamptongull is right. We shouldn't be bickering with each other like saddo tweeters on the internet. I apologise for any bad language used in my posts. I am passionate about my club and today has just been a bit difficult to deal with. We all have differing personalities and temperaments and mine aren't that desirable to be honest. I'm not an ignorant, chav thug, i'm just me.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i'm not going into the full match report, not read the entire thread, i'm too knackered quite frankly, but i thought todays game felt like a carbon copy of the trophy final against ebbsfleet. up against a team we know we were better than, but conceded shortly before half time, and lacked any conviction in front of goal. we've scored goals for fun on occasions this year, and apart from jake grazing the crossbar, never really troubled their keeper or back 4. after a sh*t journey up (hour and half stuck motionless on M6), great to see everyone in the samuel platts, and smaller than planned, but enjoyable, trek up to OT, the team just choked. gutted, but looking forward to next season PROVIDED we can keep some consistency in the squad, with or without bucks.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

If you can find slander in statute, I'll give you a fiver. If, in your opinion, what I've said and where I've said it covers all the requirements of DEFAMATION, then I invite you to instruct a solicitor to open proceedings. Just be very careful who you're swinging for, since some of us know what we're talking about...

Matt.

Dave,

Sorry mate, you know what I'm like, but I did say I'd moderate my language, so I'll edit my posts accordingly now.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by andygull »

It is wholly inapproprite nor necessary to label me as ignorant on the basis that you do not agree with my morals, beliefs and behaviours. Are people of differing religious beliefs ignorant because they aren't the same as yours for example? I could say that you are ignorant for finding my posts ignorant. Either way we are going down a long road that at just gone midnight i can't be bothered with. Ok so you probably have loads of money,live in london and earn £50 k a year or something. I'm really pleased for you. I don't although i would like to have loads of money and earn £50k. That doesn't make me ignorant. I'm just really disappointed that many torquay fans fail to show any passion, anger and emotion and if they do they get labelled a knuckledragging scally . Its sad because today i really wanted something and i had to come to terms with the fact that i didn't get it and there was nothing i could do about it. We all deal with things differently right?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Have to agree with whats been said. Like Dave I'm not annoyed we lost I'm annoyed how we lost. Gutted the way it ended. The fans turned up in numbers and voice. Sadly the players couldnt be bothered on the pitch.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Your ignorance comes from your failure to appreciate the negative impact upon the image of our club, it's fans and this board, when a guest from another club comes, wishes us well despite a poor showing and having knocked out his club on the way to the final, and is met with rudeness by a board regular.

Upset as you may be, being rude to ShrewsFan, who was perfectly polite and justified in what he said, simply is not the way to go about it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wellygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by wellygull »

Just got home, all in all that was the worst i have seen Torquay play for years.

nightmare journey, poor performance. but I think we showed our true support outnumbering them 4-1.

I am sure buckle will go, but I hope the likes of o'kane, zeb stay. heard a whisper that Stanley will be joining, hope this is true.

on the bright side I hear warnock will be available soon lol or how about Danny Wilson always seemed steady.

Finally

I still had a good day with my brother and his boy on coach 4.

Greengrass ur a legend, Simon leave the pepsi alone, and irish had more laughs than I can remember. :lol:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

danny wilson is now manager of the dee dars - sheff u to you mate!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

wellygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by wellygull »

shame

I class myself as a true supporter although due to family and work commitments can only attend 1/4 of the matches per season.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about next season. I truly believe it will be harder is buckle goes.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Andygull- Don't trouble yourself overly about the opinions of ferrarilover. He is a geeky nobody that devotes his life to making unfunny comments on this forum.

Today was a real watershed moment for TUFC, and it's a crying shame that the team couldn't summon up a half-decent performance (cos that's all that was required).

Bucks will go, and take Zebs and Branno with him. What a missed opportunity.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Stanley was at the game today, thats going to be a real interesting one!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
wellygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by wellygull »

according to twitter stanley is considering signing
tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by tufctillidie »

andygull wrote:Just got back and i am so pissed off its untrue. I thought we WERE the better side overall and dominated the second half. Just a combination of good defending, bad luck ( jake hitting the bar ) and disgraceful finishing by Kee when one on one. That was THE chance to get us back into it after that i thoTught our card was marked. We wbed orked hard and sprayed the ball about well on the suface but we just had 4 players in TOMLIN ( brilliant at Shrewsbury, today should have stayed in bed ) ZEBS, KEE and ROBINSON who are all similar players. Robinsons finishing was also poor and he has been disappointing of late. Kee ran himself into the ground as did Zebs but no real threat. O'Kane was excellent again. To top it all off i was sat with thousands of mannequins around me or they could have been painted on supporters as the area i was sat in was like a bloody mortuary!! There were a few of us who tried to get involved when we could but could only sit and watch with longing the large band of singers behind the goal of which we could play no part in and instead had to endure the quietness people i honestly believed were clinically dead! Yeah your gonna get people who want to come and watch but not get involved but an entire stand!! Do me a favour! Secondly the crowd was abysmal, 11000 odd and it was like going back to Darlington man!! It was all a bit surreal. Thirdly i don't know now where this defeat leaves us as i expect Bucks and a number of players will leave in the summer and once again we will be left with a new manager and a threadbare squad like when Bucks took over. Added to that the likes of Crawley, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Rotherham, Vale etc etc we can expect a massive relegation scrap. Thats the way i see it. Could be a bad day for us in more ways than one. Finally apologies from me for not staying at the final whistle and applauding the players for what has been a great season, i was just so frustrated and angry and i just had to bail at the whistle otherwise i may have gotten myself into a bit of bother. Sorry lads, great season and thankyou. f**k off stevenage!!!
as much as i hate to say it we WEREN'Tthe better team, fair enough we may have been the second half, but to be the better side overall you have to do it over the 90, which torquay didn't. it saddens me to look back on today and realize that the team didn't seem to want the win, stevanage out played us, they have more pace then our back 4 and are a lot more urgent in the things they do, Hats off to all 22 players out on that pitch today, but stevanage were the beter team on the day, we've just got to keep our chins up and take next season as it comes, im looking forward to home park :) and tbh i'd rather go there then that heap of s**t up the road they call a ground
Keep Calm. Support Torquay United