League 2 Playoffs: Shrewsbury Town vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Just got back from watching it at the Rec in Newton Abbot. Plans already being made for OT.

Great team performance. Unsung hero; Lathrope. Good to see Turner-Rowe getting stuck in at the end. All the big players showed up. Great team performance!
TUST number 080
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

hey guys,where do we start,oh yeah we are at old trafford,am so proud of our beloved gulls,as you all are,i am not usually lost for words,but the passion,the desire,the commitment,is that a a team that lacks ambition,i dont think so,lets take this a step futrher now and show eveyone what we are made of and next week we will be a league 1 club again...simon
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

bixieupnorth wrote:brilliant!! someone getting my ticket for me, see you all in manchester, good pub right by piccadilly

question, will there be more people from devon there next week than are normaly at a man u home game!! i think it'll be a close thing!!
Which one's that then?
:( Tommy :)
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Another excellent performance. I thought Tomlin was a cut above the other 21 players, but again it was a result based on solid defence, and a good team performance encompassing hard work and no little skill.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

That was fantastic, I was so, so close to buying a ticket for this one but decided to save for OT and a good decision it was.

I've seen a lot of the games at the end of this season and Chris Robertson has been superb in every one. You expect it from Guy but you can see why Chris is keeping Mark Ellis out of the team. Fantastic in his heading, blocking, clearing and reading of the game, ke knows when to drop off and knows when to attack the ball. He does have that tendancy to let the ball bounce but it hasn't been evident recently. I've always been a fan of his and he's improving all the time in the centre of defence. Guy was epic as usual.

Special mention to Damon Lathrope and Eunan O'Kane in midfield. Two very young lads who controlled the centre of the park against a player on the books of Wolves and Nicky "played in the championship" Wroe. If we do get Craig Stanley back and keep O'Kane on our books we'll be good for next season in midfield. Eunan has proved he is more than a match physically to play there and he has been very good in there. Lathrope kept the ball better then I've previously seen him tonight, another to keep improving with games.

Tomlin oozed class up top, and held the ball up brilliantly, a massive part of our solidity.

Can't wait till next Saturday. Will see what the Yellow Army's plans are for seating before I think of buying tickets.

COYY
ShrewsFan
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Robinson

Post by ShrewsFan »

Well done, you definetly deserved it, we just couldn't break you down and you were always dangerous on the break. Best of luck in the final against Stevenage.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Unbelievable! Branston's face at the end summed it all up for me. Yellow Army were in good voice and nice to see SG and Awayday on the telly!
Saturday can't come quick enough for me. The whole team should be very proud of the way they've played over these two legs. Well done chaps!
Hazbo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robinson

Post by Hazbo »

Once again, well done and fully deserved. Keep that squad together and you'll have no probs in league one. Thank F**K we dont have to play you again for a while!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Fantastic performance - planning for next weekend is already underway for the Modbury contingent!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

A very professional performance. No question we were the best team over two legs.
I will be at Old Trafford thats for sure!!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Trojan 67 wrote:Who scores first and when will open up the tie or kill it dead.

Whatever, if we don't score and we don't concede then we're going to Old Trafford :scarf:
:Oops: :Oops: :Oops:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

What a night

So proud of the lads, 100% commitment from each and every one of them. Fans were incredible tonight, didn't stop from start to finish. Whole team was immense, just a shame we didn't score.

Cannot WAIT to see us at OT, its a dream come true for me. Will be bringing all my uni mates up for the day too, they have all adopted us as their second team. Bring on Stevenage, we should fear nobody.

Finally, take a bow Mr. Buckle. I can't see us holding on to him much longer, whatever happens next Saturday.

COYY
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

A fantastic night watching that in the company of me Bruv, at his gaff, with surprise guest Lexus Guy and A. N. OTHER whose name I don't recollect at this moment, but we all stand on the Popside a few spaces away from fiatlover and DIAMOND GIRL (fiatlover's mum).
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
TUFCforever
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by TUFCforever »

Just got home to Kingsteignton from Shrewsbury and what a night I have lost my voice but well worth it what a great performance from the team I thought Lathrope and O'kane in the middle of the park where excellent in closing down and getting a foot in.
I also thought Robertson had one of his best games for us and Bevs was great coming and collecting the ball. Overall a long day but well worth it now we are in the final and bring on Stevenage next week at the Theatre of Dreams just hope our dreams come true. Come on boys one more big performance is all we ask we know you can do it.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Very proud to be a TUFC fan tonight, delighted with the way we played. If we can play how we played in the first leg, Stevenage don't stand a chance and we'll be playing some pretty big teams in no time. And we'd be a league above Argyle... HA!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"