League 2 Playoffs : Torquay United vs Shrewsbury Town

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Excellent performance. Proud to be a Gull.

Should have put it to bed really, but can t complain too much.

The Tomlin knockers should hang their heads in shame. He showed his class tonight. Also thought Branston was an immense presence and the rock on which everything else was built.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

eastyorksgull wrote:YELLOW ARMY!!!
hi u gunna ave a beer nw mate,great night and more to come
Been on the vodka since 5.15! Will probably be out later tonight... :keepie:
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

The pitch invasion was embarracing. To be honest they are not helping Torquay at all. They are giving the Shrews manager the perfect pre-match pep talk for next week. Ie: "they think thay have won already lets prove them wrong". Just stay off the pitch you sad bastards.
:( Tommy :)
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

yellow wrote:Excellent performance. Proud to be a Gull.

Should have put it to bed really, but can t complain too much.

The Tomlin knockers should hang their heads in shame. He showed his class tonight. Also thought Branston was an immense presence and the rock on which everything else was built.
hey yellow,u always get the pessimists,but thats not the issue mate,pickles and tomlin both awesome,just a great all round performance
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

tommygull wrote:The pitch invasion was embarracing. To be honest they are not helping Torquay at all. They are giving the Shrews manager the perfect pre-match pep talk for next week. Ie: "they think thay have won already lets prove them wrong". Just stay off the pitch you sad bastards.
In fairness, Graham Turner has done our pre-match team talk too, with him saying "We can get so much better, but I don't think Torquay can". Just play that interview Bucks, that should get them going!
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by eastyorksgull »

Gulliball wrote: Been on the vodka since 5.15! Will probably be out later tonight... :keepie:
go gulli go gulli go gulli (D) (D) (D)
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by eastyorksgull »

Jeff wrote: In fairness, Graham Turner has done our pre-match team talk too, with him saying "We can get so much better, but I don't think Torquay can". Just play that interview Bucks, that should get them going!
no not sad bastards as you put it tommy,just last game of season,no damage,just enjoyin themselves,we have had a great night,on that performance tommy we are going up,enjoy the night,we have alot to be excited about :lol:
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by tommygull »

What is there to gain from going on the pitch? The club clearly stated that they don't want people on the pitch. And from watching the telly it looked very sad in honesty. I'm all up for celebrating a win but for 1. don't count your chickens and 2. don't trespass for no reason, the season isn't over and there is always risk of a fine for it.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I enjoyed every second of that match but I don't believe for a second that this is over, they will come at us on Friday. However I thought Graham Turner made himself look a bad loser and a bit of an arse by saying that he doesn't think we can do any better.
Gavin Tomlin was much improved than when I saw him v Chesterfield, thought the whole team worked hard, Branston showed how much he wanted it, we could and should have scored more and were the better team.
This leaves me with a massive footballing dilemma.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

How many were actually on the pitch? 20 or 30? Under the circumstances I think that's actually about as good as it gets. Tomlin and Robinson were interviewed live on Sky after the game (for a good 90 seconds - 2 mins) and there wasn't even anyone in the background, never mind them being jumped on or mobbed. I think you're making more of it than actually happened.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
northharrowgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northharrowgull »

Wow!! So nervous at the start but watching on Sky was amazing with Chris Hargreaves telling viewers how relaxed we were in the dressing room. He's done his hair for punditville ....but it really suits him ...And his comments and reviews were top notch. Just as he was in his TUFC days,a real professional. Hope he gets a career out of it as he really deserves it. As for the match, well we were best in just about every department with Gavin Tomlin running rings around their left back and then their right back. Zebbers was awesome. Bucks should just tell him the cameras are there every week as he really does know how to turn it on. His work rate was simply amazing, The Pickler shut out just about every attack and I say shame on the detractors who questioned his selection in the League 2 team of the year.
Eunans strike for the second goal was sublime and the criticism of their keeper I feel was unjustified as the positioning of the shot was perfect. All in all a fantastic preformance. Yes I know we are only at half time but I have great confidence that we can make it to Old trafford and who knows, back to where we belong!! COYY!!!!!!!!!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Torquay can't do any better

that score again Torquay 5 Shrewsbury 0.
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by eastyorksgull »

tommygull wrote:What is there to gain from going on the pitch? The club clearly stated that they don't want people on the pitch. And from watching the telly it looked very sad in honesty. I'm all up for celebrating a win but for 1. don't count your chickens and 2. don't trespass for no reason, the season isn't over and there is always risk of a fine for it.
ffs tommy we have had a great night,let them enjoyas long as no harm,and yeah tommy i am counting my chickens,we were superb tonight,and its going to take somrthing special to keep us out of the final
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by tommygull »

I don't want to play devils advocate too much but I would like to highlight one point. Anyone who was at Rotherham will back this point up I would hope. Tomlin has had 1 good game, and I admit he was good today- not amazing but good- he has played a very mediocre game over the past 3 or 4 games and this doesn't change anything. He performed well at home with a large following but when it comes down to it he doesn't give consistant performances and often is atrocious. There seem to be alot of fickle fans who are suddenly claiming he is the best thing to grace the grass at Plainmoor- we went through this with Carayol remember.
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by tommygull »

eastyorksgull wrote: ffs tommy we have had a great night,let them enjoyas long as no harm,and yeah tommy i am counting my chickens,we were superb tonight,and its going to take somrthing special to keep us out of the final
What is that saying about pride and a fall?