League 2: Torquay United vs Wycombe Wanderers

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Could be a key goal for Southend there - if we could get one it would be even better!!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

fiver on at 5/1, come on torquay!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

three mins added
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

cant belive we havent won this today, so many chances, hit woodwork twice, side netting twice, breathtaking save from bull, wycombe had one chance, bevs couldve played up front in second half!!

oh well a point added to our total, we'll still def be in playoffs after tomorrows games i think
still keeping the faith
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

auto spot looks a stretch...
bar,post and bar
bollxxcks
COYY
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

just posh let me down then, grrrr!!
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:just posh let me down then, grrrr!!

:no: 8/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

robc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by robc »

Chesterfield promoted without playing, due to our result today...
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Unfortunately there goes our Automatic spot I think, will be far too much of an ask to make up 5 points (maybe 6 depending on how Shrewsbury get on tomorrow). Great news that Stevenage lost, that could be critical in securing us a playoff spot as there is little room to drop points in the congested pack.

2 points dropped today though, sounds like the performance was there but a little off with the finishing. We move on to another massive game at Burton, really need a result there.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

late winner for the o's i see, got my money back on a side bet, just!!
still keeping the faith
Bellamy_TuFc
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Benyon

Post by Bellamy_TuFc »

"we thrashed them 0-0" "the referee's a banker"
Torquay did everything but score great performance
MOTM : Guy Branston (he deserved it!)
Thought Zebroski and Robinson looked lively but thought Billy Kee looked the opposite off the ball!
He should have scored with best opportunity of the match, and Stanley was unlucky not to score with a strike saved by the keeper...
Wycombe keeper kept his team in it...
And thats not mentioning the referee... Made some awful decisions and didn't award a blatant penalty for handball: he plactically layed on it and held it !!
Overall a good performance from the lads !!!!!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Dominated, but it just wouldn't go in.

Confident that, should we put in a similar performance but find our scoring boots, we'll win at Burton. Hopefully we'll absolutely smash them!

Delighted by the attendance too, 3,500 of our own fans, performances getting better and better. Really hope we have about 700 at Burton, could be a cracker.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Can't being to explain how much we deserved to win this game. We were absolutely dominant in every department, we just couldn't bloody score. Post, bar, off the line, side netting, brilliant saves. We had it all. We just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net! First half was fairly even, they were very well organised at the back. Two good defences nullified each other. Second half we were exceptional. If only, if only we could have scored.

Still 0-0 against one of the best teams in the division is a good result. They never really looked like scoring, I can't recall Bevan making a save in the second half. If we get in to the playoffs we should fear nobody.

Player ratings:

Bevan- 6, solid but didn't have to do anything. Distribution poor.

Mansell- 7, fantastic game-100% effort throughout
Robbo- 7, solid.
Branston- 9, one of the best games I have ever seen him play. Didn't put a foot wrong. Unlucky not to score.
Nicho-6, solid defensively but would have liked to have seen him taking more of the set pieces

Lathrope- 7, impressed me today. Tidy defensively and good distribution.
Stanley-7, first time I have seen him play. Great passing and work rate.
O'Kane-6, some nice touches and passing, but too slow to play the killer ball sometimes

Robinson- 6, made some nice runs and nearly scored a cracking goal. Not sure of his commitment though.
Tomlin- 6, showed some nice touches but got muscled out by their centre backs
Zebroksi- 7, 100% commitment all game. Really impressed.

Subs
Kee- 5, tried hard but should have scored our best chance of the game. Wasteful.
Murray- 6, didn't have a huge amount of time to impact but desperately unlucky not to score

Thought the crowd were exceptional today. 4,000 in, didn't stop singing all afternoon. A pleasure to be at Plainmoor this afternoon.

Referee was poor. Made some bizarre decisions such as to book Stanley and inconsistant when playing advantage.

Not sure of our formation once Kee came on, almost looked like a 4-2-4. It worked well whatever it was, if only Kee could have put one of his chances away.

One thing I did note, as I did at the Port Vale game, is why are the groundstaff watering the pitch so heavily before the game and at HT? I understand they need to keep the playing surface in good condition and we haven't had a lot of rain recently, but they created muddy patches on the pitch. Lost count of the number of times I saw a player fall over!

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Autos were always a long shot, but I see no reason we shouldn't make the playoffs and go up through them.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Areed,superb team performance,did everything but win this game ,whatever shot/header we throw at there goal just was not going to hit the back of the net.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Fantastic perfromance by the boys today. Just could not score. Thought Branston was brilliant - everything you could ask for at this level. Confident that we will turn over Burton - will not be easy but I feel we can do it.
Any neutral or occasional Torquay fan cannot have failed to enjoy the game and should come back for more!!
We WILL make the playoffs!!