Nicky Wroe likely to STAY!

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Chow Mein wrote:Any club that offers "near enough 100K" for Wroe... I'd absolutely bite their hand off. Would be fantastic of the club & buckle to get a sum in that region for a player that clearly isn't worth as much as that.

I wish Wroe all the best but as I stated before it's a gamble for a club to purchase a player that simply wants a move every 2, 3 seasons.
There is no basis for that accusation. He left York because he saw a move to us as a chance to further his career. He seemingly wants to leave us because it's not worked out for him down south. Players move clubs, that's what happens. The benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing.

As for £100k? We've got no chance of recieving an offer like that for a player who's contract expires next summer.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

The general consensus on this thread appears to be that he wants to move back up North and that there may be personal reasons involved too. Am I the only person then who was a bit huffy at reading the following bit on the O/S -' turned down a contract offer a few months ago...he wanted to see where the club was going'? The way I read that was that SNW thinks he is too good for us. Nothing to do with location. Please tell me I have misunderstood that statement, as I don't want to be thinking that he's a Billy Biggy who thinks our club is tin pot...
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

I think you're right, Mr WB; and, I think it was Bucks that said that too!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I missed that bit.
Don't sound too good does it? :|
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

westbaygull wrote:...he wanted to see where the club was going'? ..
perhaps he thought that my dream would come true and the club would relocate to sheffield as the steel town gulls!!
still keeping the faith
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Do we as fans honestly think the club would put out a public statement that its club captian does not wish to sign a new contract due to personal reasons,leading to world and his wife enquiring as to what those reasons are.

If the club and Nickey Wroe want to keep these reasons private then so be it,hopefully his move will be speedy,and we as fans can learn for once to move on,with out endless questions,as to who did and said what,and suggestions that our manager is a member of the nazi party looking to start a fourth reich with in TUFC(which of course he is not) :) .
Formerly known as forevertufc
nananana
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky Cave

Post by nananana »

chippygull wrote:I think you're right, Mr WB; and, I think it was Bucks that said that too!

You didn't look like a MR last time I saw you Jane! :O
It's a sobering thought, but in a hundred years or less, every person that uses this site will be dead!
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

westbaygull wrote:The general consensus on this thread appears to be that he wants to move back up North and that there may be personal reasons involved too. Am I the only person then who was a bit huffy at reading the following bit on the O/S -' turned down a contract offer a few months ago...he wanted to see where the club was going'? The way I read that was that SNW thinks he is too good for us. Nothing to do with location. Please tell me I have misunderstood that statement, as I don't want to be thinking that he's a Billy Biggy who thinks our club is tin pot...
You can read that statement a number of ways.

At face value it says I don t want to commit now on those terms, and at the end of the season I would like the opportunity to move on on a free transfer. He is perfectly within his rights to do so.

So far we have had quite a range of different explanations as to why the club captain has suddenly been dropped and transfer listed in between the Summer and January transfer windows.

Given that he refused a new contract a few months ago his dropping for the Crewe game without even a place on the bench certainly helped to fuel the more lurid speculation about the reasons.

The only thing that seems totally clear is that he is currently on the transfer list.

To quote Donald Rumsfeld “There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don t know. But there are also unknown unknowns; there are things we do not know we don t know.”
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You have me confused mr yelllow,are you saying that the known,knowns here are something you do know,or you do not want to know.

Or are you saying the unknown knowns are something you would like to know,or maybe you dont know,if there known or unknown.

Or if the unknown,unknowns,where known by most poeple rather than the few,every one would know,the the picture would be clear..right :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

forevertufc wrote:You have me confused mr yelllow,are you saying that the known,knowns here are something you do know,or you do not want to know.

Or are you saying the unknown knowns are something you would like to know,or maybe you dont know,if there known or unknown.

Or if the unknown,unknowns,where known by most poeple rather than the few,every one would know,the the picture would be clear..right :)
To be honest Forza, I just don t know... :?
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

HardofHerringGull wrote: You didn't look like a MR last time I saw you Jane! :O
I have a Dick Emery moment coming on.... :lol:

Just for the record, I really have no interest at all in any of their private lives (not even Greavsie, although I do read his blog still :cry: ) I just thought that it was a very odd statement to put out and makes me wonder if it would be a different scenario if we were top 3 in spring. Maybe he is alarmed by the freeze in the playing budget? Maybe he thinks we are not good enough? Maybe he thinks Bucks will be moving on? Maybe it is quite simply that he is homesick and craves a move back up North? Who knows for sure. But I hope we're not regressing to the days of 'Buckspeak' - following the disasterous days of blaming supporters and the Greavsie 'who knows?' cock up, the pr machine has been much better. I think this was an unfortunate thing to put out on the O/S as it does neither the Club nor the player any credit.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Dissapointed not to see Wroe on the bench today, I know he's leaving us but why not use him whilst we can? Surely it's better than having 2 defenders on the bench?

Oh, and I didn't even realise he wasn't playing today- that's how bad his season has been! :(
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Yellow4life wrote:Dissapointed not to see Wroe on the bench today
A few weeks ago I'd have agreed with this, but thought our bench was strong in every position - well, as strong as we can have it. Who would you have left off to accommodate an out of form, transfer listed player...?
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

He didn't look too happy sat in the family stand, though we missed his tracking back today - something O'kane does but not consistently
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

If Wroe would have played, the minority of morons that are currently abusing Stevens would have been on his back at the first misplaced pass. Wroe is a confidence player and would have struggled without the crowd on his side.