Nicky Wroe likely to STAY!

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

SouthamptonGull wrote:

My money is on neither :lol:
I always shudder at Contextomy (selective quoting). That is very much a merse debating trick on which point we surely expect better standards here than he is allowed to get away with on the Farm.

However if it is not to maximise a fee for his services may we respectfully enquire as to what your money is actually on SG :|
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I merely quoted the part of your post that I wished to comment on (don't get your nickers in a twist).

Perhaps you'd like to quantify the "we" part of your request, are you asking for yourself and merse?

Nicky Wroe is on the list as he wants to move up north, his reasons for wanting to do so are personal and not something I wish to post about on a public forum, neither of the reasons you gave are accurate and so you would lose your money :)

P.s. Reducing the size of the quote, instead of multi-quoting reduces bandwith usage and helps the site to run faster, admittedly not much difference in one post but a good habit to get into when administering forums, nothing to do with any tampering of your viewpoint :rofl:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Jeff wrote:Now don't get me wrong, I'm basing this on nothing other than theory and I've nothing against Kieran Charnock. Quite the opposite in fact, I think he's a decent player and certainly league 2/conference standard, only kept out of our side by the Branston-Ellis partnership. Which leads me to think he's too good to languish as our 3rd or 4th choice centre back. We signed him from money-bags Peterborough, so I bet he's not come cheap. And also he openly talked about the fact he would have to move a long way from his family to join us.

I believe he is out of contract in the summer, so with the current predicament it could be a good time to cash in. Accrington were upset they he didn't sign for them, plus there are a host of clubs in his native North-West (Wrexham, Southport, Altrincham, Fleetwood, to a lesser extent Barrow) who I'm sure he could do a very decent job for.
I think Charnock is a fantastic centre back, certainly good enough to ge into most teams at this level in my opinion. I don't think Buckle would sell him either, especially as it seems like Ellis could go in January. I'd say in my opinion that he's better than Branston, but Branston is un-droppable, due to his leadership and him almost 'tutoring' Ellis during games.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

It's a good point, Jeff.

Charnock will be one of the highest paid players at the club and if we're struggling financially, can we really afford to pay a third/fourth choice centre-back top dollar?

Of course, as others have highlighted, it may depend on what we do with Ellis in January. But then Buckle may prefer to switch Robbo back inside and play Senda at RB (assuming he is still about and fit). No doubt Charnock would have been understandably upset when the manager did exactly that against Macclesfield. I know Charnock came in for the Aldershot game but Buckle seems to like matching a left-footed centre-half with a right. And at present, Charnock hasn't got a hope of displacing Branston (well until the Pickler picks up that inevitable red card).
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

SouthamptonGull wrote:I merely quoted the part of your post that I wished to comment on (don't get your nickers in a twist).

Perhaps you'd like to quantify the "we" part of your request, are you asking for yourself and merse?

Nicky Wroe is on the list as he wants to move up north, his reasons for wanting to do so are personal and not something I wish to post about on a public forum, neither of the reasons you gave are accurate and so you would lose your money :)

P.s. Reducing the size of the quote, instead of multi-quoting reduces bandwith usage and helps the site to run faster, admittedly not much difference in one post but a good habit to get into when administering forums, nothing to do with any tampering of your viewpoint :rofl:
So you are suggesting that he is on the transfer list purely because he requested it for personal reasons that those in the know , such as yourself, deem not suitable for public consumption?

And it has nothing to do with TUFC attempting to raise some cash from a saleable asset that would be out of contract, and therefore on a free next summer?

The we was a royal we, as in contributors to this thread (not including those not interested in it like Joe Barlow).

And that is for the original thread title Nicky Wroe dropped, injured or..? as well as it s amended title. How does that happen by the way? :?

My point was that quoting and commenting on a selected part of a post can often distort the context. Fortunately however my knickers have remained all shipshape and Bristol fashion.... :)
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Yellow, if NW wishes to move back to the godforsaken wastelands north of Exeter for personal reasons, im sure he will let you know if he wants the reasons announcing to all and sundry...
If he has requested a move, it would be somewhat uncharitable of the club to not put him on the list (of course, getting a fee as well would be nice).
Personally speaking (as a contributor to this thread) his reasons can remain private as far as im concerned.
Most forums allow the OP to change the thread title, perhaps you should ask the OP if he changed it?
Last edited by Fletch on 15 Oct 2010, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

So has it been confirmed now that he's 'requested' a move? Is the publically released story not accurate then? As i understood it, he's refused a new contract (be that because of a desire to move back North, or the terms being unsatisfactory), and as a result the manager has decided to make him available for transfer in order to try and get some funds for a player that will otherwise leave for free?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

We seem to be going around and around in circles here,lets see if i can help clear this up.

Nickey Wroe has not been put on the transfer list because of any late curfew breaking ,drinking session.

He has refused a new contract because of a desire to move back north,therefore he has requested a move,other wise he would have signed on with TUFC.

The reason given is personal,i think we should not discuss it,nor do i think we have the right to either.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Un_hang_able
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Un_hang_able »

Fletch wrote:Yellow, if NW wishes to move back to the godforsaken wastelands north of Telegraph Hill for personal reasons, im sure he will let you know if he wants the reasons announcing to all and sundry...
If he has requested a move, it would be somewhat uncharitable of the club to not put him on the list (of course, getting a fee as well would be nice).
Personally speaking (as a contributor to this thread) his reasons can remain private as far as im concerned.
Most forums allow the OP to change the thread title, perhaps you should ask the OP if he changed it?

Corrected for exactitudinals

:P
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

forevertufc wrote: The reason given is personal,i think we should not discuss it,nor do i think we have the right to either.
I'm in agreement with this.
I'm a nosey so and so but only when the information is offered, which it hasn't been by NW and nor should he be expected to.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Un_hang_able wrote:
Corrected for exactitudinals

:P
Quite correct. My post would imply that Exeter wasnt part of the northern wastelands. That was obviously an incorrect statement on my behalf :) :)
nananana
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky Cave

Post by nananana »

So, after all the kerfuffle, he's not going to Rotherham after all. Why oh why do I trust my source of information! ;-) ;-)

http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/ne ... ndex.shtml
It's a sobering thought, but in a hundred years or less, every person that uses this site will be dead!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

HardofHerringGull wrote:So, after all the kerfuffle, he's not going to Rotherham after all. Why oh why do I trust my source of information! ;-) ;-)

http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/ne ... ndex.shtml
Would not say that the deal is dead, looks like a negotiation tactic to me. In fact, if anything, this confirms he has an interest but is trying to play this down to play down the cost.

Would say it indicates he does not want to use Pope in part-exchange tho.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Chow Mein
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Bruno Meirelles

Post by Chow Mein »

Any club that offers "near enough 100K" for Wroe... I'd absolutely bite their hand off. Would be fantastic of the club & buckle to get a sum in that region for a player that clearly isn't worth as much as that.

I wish Wroe all the best but as I stated before it's a gamble for a club to purchase a player that simply wants a move every 2, 3 seasons.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Chow Mein wrote:Any club that offers "near enough 100K" for Wroe... I'd absolutely bite their hand off. Would be fantastic of the club & buckle to get a sum in that region for a player that clearly isn't worth as much as that.

I wish Wroe all the best but as I stated before it's a gamble for a club to purchase a player that simply wants a move every 2, 3 seasons.

I think the £10,000 gamble has more than payed off here (even if he left for nothing tomorrow).
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/